Windows 10: Formatted then Cant seem to upgrade to Pro and license disappeared

Discus and support Formatted then Cant seem to upgrade to Pro and license disappeared in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So as the title says I formatted my computer to give it a fresh install of windows. reasons, had a few issues that a fresh install would helpMy laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Samister, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Samister Win User

Formatted then Cant seem to upgrade to Pro and license disappeared

So as the title says I formatted my computer to give it a fresh install of windows. reasons, had a few issues that a fresh install would helpMy laptop came with windows 10 home but I could upgrade it to windows 10 pro I had the key written down and that's how I could have done it, unfortunately i don't have it written down anywhere anymore.But when I finished the install and tried to run the upgrade to windows 10 pro. The go to the Microsoft > windows 10 pro. and if there is a button that says install you could press that to upgrade to windows 10 pro since you owned a key.I tried this

:)

Samister, Jul 22, 2021
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Jul 22, 2021
  3. why there is just one way to upgrade from W10 Home to W10 Pro?

You can purchase a full license key, but keep in mind, the full retail license for Windows 10 Pro is more expensive than the $99 upgrade through the Store.

Step 1: Purchase license for Windows 10 Pro, then receive your key:

Buy Windows 10 Home/Pro

Step 2: Perform an Easy Upgrade using the key:

Andre Da Costa, Jul 22, 2021
  4. Formatted then Cant seem to upgrade to Pro and license disappeared

Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 22, 2021
Thema:

Formatted then Cant seem to upgrade to Pro and license disappeared

1. Formatted then Cant seem to upgrade to Pro and license disappeared - Similar Threads - Formatted Cant seem

2. License key, Formatting PC, Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    License key, Formatting PC, Windows 10 Pro: Hello. I need to format my PC and do a clean install, but I have to questions: 1.- I currently have Windows 10 Pro activated with a digital license key. Do I need to uninstall the key before formatting? 2.- I used the MediaCreationTool22H2 to download a copy of Windows 10,...
  3. License key, Formatting PC, Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    License key, Formatting PC, Windows 10 Pro: Hello. I need to format my PC and do a clean install, but I have to questions: 1.- I currently have Windows 10 Pro activated with a digital license key. Do I need to uninstall the key before formatting? 2.- I used the MediaCreationTool22H2 to download a copy of Windows 10,...
  4. License key, Formatting PC, Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Upgrade Win11 Home to Pro with Win10 Pro license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade Win11 Home to Pro with Win10 Pro license: I purchased a PC with Win11 Home on it.I have on my Microsoft account a Win10 Pro license from my old PC that is not being used.Can I use that Win10 Pro license to upgrade my new Win11 Home to Pro?...
  6. Upgrade Win11 Home to Pro with Win10 Pro license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade Win11 Home to Pro with Win10 Pro license: I purchased a PC with Win11 Home on it.I have on my Microsoft account a Win10 Pro license from my old PC that is not being used.Can I use that Win10 Pro license to upgrade my new Win11 Home to Pro?...
  7. Windows 10 Pro upgrade license

Windows 10 Pro upgrade license: I just bought a new computer with an OEM license for Windows 10 Home, and 'm planning to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro using the $99 upgrade in Windows Store. After I upgrade, will the new Windows 10 Pro license be an OEM license tied to the motherboard or a retail license tied...
  8. Windows 10 pro upgrade - cant find license key

Windows 10 pro upgrade - cant find license key: Bought Windows 10 pro from the store to upgrade a laptop runing windows 10 home, there was an issue with the installation and now need to try reinstalling but cannot find the license key. It is not in the confirmation email of the order or in the order history on the...
  9. Win 10 Pro Upgrade License

Win 10 Pro Upgrade License: Hello Forum, What type of Win 10 license should I have if I purchased Win 10 Pro upgrade from the Microsoft Store online? I would presume I would have a retail license. Is that correct? The Win 10 Pro upgrade was installed on a new HP Laptop that came with Win 10 Home...
  10. Windows 10 Pro Format and Clean Install from USB Backup, Pro Upgrade License Missing

Windows 10 Pro Format and Clean Install from USB Backup, Pro Upgrade License Missing: I initially got this laptop in 2016 and it came with Windows 10 Home. I upgraded to Pro for $99. Years later, just yesterday, I took a screenshot of what turned out to be my PRODUCT ID thinking it was the key, and did a fresh install. This was because of suspected malware...