Windows 10: Formatted USB Drive

Discus and support Formatted USB Drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I accidentally formatted a pen drive and was wondering is there any way that I can recover data & files?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RichardTapia#1, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Formatted USB Drive

I accidentally formatted a pen drive and was wondering is there any way that I can recover data & files?

:)

RichardTapia#1, Feb 26, 2020
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Feb 26, 2020
  3. mikel33 Win User
    USB Flash Drive saying not formatted..?

Hi,

I have a Memorex Poker Chip USB Flash Drive 1GB, and It shows up fine on one PC as "Poker Chip" in explore, and I can transfer files... but on my other PC (the one I'm on now..specs in profile) it's listed only as H: Removable Disk, and when I click on it, it says: "The Device is not formatted, would you like to format it now? (Y/N). Why would it be recognized on one PC, but the not the other? How come the other PC didn't need it formatted? When I click yes to format it, it says: "Windows was unable to complete the format"

I went to the BIOS and USB 2.0 is enabled. And Device Manager does list it as a Memorex Poker Chip..

mikel33, Feb 26, 2020
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

Formatted USB Drive

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Feb 26, 2020
Thema:

Formatted USB Drive

1. Formatted USB Drive - Similar Threads - Formatted USB Drive

2. USB drive - want to be formatted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB drive - want to be formatted: I have a friend's usb that is suddenly asking to format. He wants me to recover if I can the info from the USB. Any suggestions how to go about this? How to Fix "USB Drive Not Formatted” Error? Trying the CMD tells me it is RAW and cannot do a chkdsk. Device manager says...
  3. convert usb drive format

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    convert usb drive format: I have a usb drive that was originally fat32 and I converted it to ntfs. I want to convert it back to fat32 and even though I've tried file explorer, command prompt and powershell, nothing works. I want to use it for a macbook with m1, but it doesn't recognise ntfs or exfat...
  4. Unable to format USB Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to format USB Drive: When i am trying to format the usb drive it shows me windows was unable to format the drive . I tried all methods but it not working.Also happens in copy and paste also.When i am trying to copy a file pc to usb drive it shows me"Destination folder access Denied". I am the...
  5. Re-Formatted USB Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Re-Formatted USB Drive: I recently booted Windows 10 onto some old laptops, my original attempt using this USB Drive, but the laptops were so old I ended up having to use a disc. When I reformatted the USB Drive 64gb to a format where I could use it as a normal drive, the storage on it was cut in...
  6. Can't format USB drive in NTFS format

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't format USB drive in NTFS format: I have a sandisk 128gig flashdrive its in exFAT, every time i try to re format it into NTFS format it gives me an error pop up saying "windows was unable to complete the format" i need it for the extra storage space, hope anyone knows the solution. please get back to me....
  7. usb drive format change

usb drive format change: im trying to make my usb dive format to ntfs but when I searched up how to do it nothing was the same for my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-drive-format-change/9314e2f1-c068-4b16-80be-1cbf214b720b
  8. USB DRIVE CANNOT BE FORMATTED

USB DRIVE CANNOT BE FORMATTED: Hi, I had purchased an iBall HYBRID Dual Pen drive but now when I am inserting it into the computer (Win 10 Home Single Lang - 64 Bit) , Windows is first asking me to format the drive. But as I click on the Format button it is displaying an Error Command that "Disk is...
  9. Formating USB drive

Formating USB drive: How can I format a USB memory to 2048 Byte size. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formating-usb-drive/cb81e9aa-877a-4513-a175-81afae642744
  10. Format usb flash drive

Format usb flash drive: Hi looking for a good program to format my USB flash drive. Windows 10 won't recognise my flash drive it knows it's there but it's not showing up in drives I used the flash drive in my zgemma and the zgemma changes the partition in some way so PC won't recognise it now. I...