Windows 10: Formatted Windows drive, format others too?

Discus and support Formatted Windows drive, format others too? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; This has been a point of confusion every time I do a clean format; I'm not sure what to do with my extra 1tb WD black drive. Usually I just format it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Someguy25, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Someguy25 Win User

Formatted Windows drive, format others too?

This has been a point of confusion every time I do a clean format; I'm not sure what to do with my extra 1tb WD black drive. Usually I just format it as well, but I'd like to know whether or not this is necessary. I have programs installed on it, such as Unreal Engine, Steam library games, and others. But I wonder how they will function if they are dependent in some way on the main drive that was formatted.

Any suggestions appreciated.

:)

Someguy25, Jul 11, 2017
  2. HairyFool Win User

Accidently Deleted Bitlocker Encrypted Drive

The link above goes to a news web site not the M3 site.

However on the M3 site note the following caveat

"If you formatted Bitlocker drive using format tool built-in Windows Vista/7/8/8.1/10, there is no way to recover data from formatted Bitlocker encrypted drive, because Bitlocker metadata has been erased after formatting under Windows Vista/7/8/8.1/10.

If you formatted Bitlocker drive using other OS or other method, please download and try M3 Bitlocker Recovery to recover data from formatted Bitlocker encrypted drive as long as Bitlocker metadata is intact."

HairyFool, Jul 11, 2017
  3. marek9911 Win User
    Floppy drive - windows 10

I have connect it CI-130 floppy drive (USB)

I'm trying to use floppy disk

A:\ is accessible

The disk media is not recognized. It may not be formatted.

I tried to format the floppy disk.

Windows cannot format this drive. Quit any disk utilities or other programs that are using this drive, and make sure that no window displaying the contents of the drive. Then try formatting again.

marek9911, Jul 11, 2017
  4. swarfega Win User

Hi there. It depends on how those programs are installed. Were they installed with its corresponding installer. You won't need to worry about the steam library games. After clean install you can point steam to that location in the settings and itl pick up the games.

You could list the programs your concerned with. Generally programs such as MS Office install files all over the place like the Windows folder so after a clean install you would have to install it again.

swarfega, Jul 11, 2017
  5. Private Win User
    all related registries will be lost, don't know if the programs is still usable, better do the reinstallations.

Private, Jul 11, 2017
  6. Someguy25 Win User
    Hmmm, thanks for the tips... sounds like the safe bet is just to wipe it and start over.

Someguy25, Jul 11, 2017
  7. swarfega Win User
    Do you have many installed steam games?

swarfega, Jul 11, 2017
  8. Someguy25 Win User

Not really, but not too concerned about those as much as the programs. I imagine steam library would be the easiest thing to transfer/save.

Someguy25, Jul 12, 2017
  9. swarfega Win User
    Yea you can just copy the steam library to some temporary place, then copy it back.

swarfega, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Formatted Windows drive, format others too? - Similar Threads - Formatted drive format

2. Drive Format

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive Format: My LVME is set to MBR. Windows 11 requires GPT. Can I transfer my data from a MBR drive to one formated GPT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-format/0000273c-7546-403a-a8b3-3cdcd927a021
  3. Drive Format

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive Format: My LVME is set to MBR. Windows 11 requires GPT. Can I transfer my data from a MBR drive to one formated GPT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-format/0000273c-7546-403a-a8b3-3cdcd927a021
  4. Formatting an external drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Formatting an external drive: when you format an external "exfat" SSD drive to "NTFS" or vise versa doesn't all the data/files & folders get deleted? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formatting-an-external-drive/fa2d4bb5-7bcc-4573-804c-ce87d5122c5b
  5. Can't format USB drive in NTFS format

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't format USB drive in NTFS format: I have a sandisk 128gig flashdrive its in exFAT, every time i try to re format it into NTFS format it gives me an error pop up saying "windows was unable to complete the format" i need it for the extra storage space, hope anyone knows the solution. please get back to me....
  6. drive wiping and format

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    drive wiping and format: I have a Western Digital 500 Mb hard drive that came off an old computer. How do I go about wiping all data on the drive and re-formatting it? The computer I have is an E machines EL1358G-51W, and it only has one drive bay. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you....
  7. C: Drive Formatting.

C: Drive Formatting.: I have had Windows 10 for a while but now ive installed on another Drive called D drive on to my new SSD D: drive and it's been running fine on D drive for months and I want to format all of the c drive to use for new storage item whatever they me. Will that be ok to go...
  8. Formatting hard drives from other computers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Formatting hard drives from other computers.: Okay, I've got three hard drives I salvaged from my friend's computer that he got rid of. One is 3TB, another 4TB, and the last is 1TB. I've connect them individually to my laptop's USB ports using a USB adapter. None of them have shown up ANYWHERE. Not even in the disc...
  9. format drive

format drive: hi, I've upgraded from win7 premium to win10. I need to do back up recovery drive. Must I format 16gb usb drive to NTSF format instead of fat32? and how much space is required for allocation? win 10 has already denied processing recovery drive backup. so concerned...
  10. Lost installation of windows 10 after formatting the other drive

Lost installation of windows 10 after formatting the other drive: Hello everyone, I have 2 seperated (physically) SSD drives in my laptop. Previously I had windows 8.1 on one drive, and I installed windows 7 and upgraded it to windows 10 on the other SSD drive. I enjoyed windows 10, so I formatted the drive with the windows 8.1, but...