Windows 10: Formatted windows lost

Discus and support Formatted windows lost in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I formatted my new PC that I just purchased it is running windows 10 1909. Prior to the format I had windows 10 full version. But now that I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Hercules Eh, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Formatted windows lost

I formatted my new PC that I just purchased it is running windows 10 1909. Prior to the format I had windows 10 full version. But now that I have formatted it is taking me I need to activate a product key. I was assuming it would be a digital license but it isnt. What do I do?

:)

Hercules Eh, Jun 5, 2020
  2. Mussels Win User

How to format on Windows 7

just format from the installer on the windows 7 DVD. the options there when you choose which drive to install on.

i suggest partiotining the drive, i run with a 60GB C: drive, but then move my user folder to the D: partition - so that when i format/reinstall, my desktop/my docs, etc, dont get lost.

Mussels, Jun 5, 2020
  3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Jun 5, 2020
  4. 1nf3rn0x Win User

Formatted windows lost

How to format on Windows 7

150GB for OS should be fine?

1nf3rn0x, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

Formatted windows lost

1. Formatted windows lost - Similar Threads - Formatted lost

2. I have lost my windows product key any way to get it back system is formatted now?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have lost my windows product key any way to get it back system is formatted now?: system is formatted can anyone help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-lost-my-windows-product-key-any-way-to-get/ea51b80c-2fd5-4a84-ba55-b1b308a25a37
  3. I have lost my windows product key any way to get it back system is formatted now?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have lost my windows product key any way to get it back system is formatted now?: system is formatted can anyone help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-lost-my-windows-product-key-any-way-to-get/ea51b80c-2fd5-4a84-ba55-b1b308a25a37
  4. I made my External HDD as bootable without formatting, does that data is lost now?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I made my External HDD as bootable without formatting, does that data is lost now?: So, I made my external HDD as a bootable but didn't format anything and now it's showing only 30GB out of 2TB.What should I do to revert back to normal and is it possible that my existing is not lost? any solution for this.I haven't even booted through it any way to get that...
  5. I made my External HDD as bootable without formatting, does that data is lost now?

I made my External HDD as bootable without formatting, does that data is lost now?: So, I made my external HDD as a bootable but didn't format anything and now it's showing only 30GB out of 2TB.What should I do to revert back to normal and is it possible that my existing is not lost? any solution for this.I haven't even booted through it any way to get that...
  6. I made my External HDD as bootable without formatting, does that data is lost now?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. activation lost when installed windows 11 from new format, how to fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    activation lost when installed windows 11 from new format, how to fix?: my laptop was activated as a windows 10 pro workstation, I downloaded windows 11 and formatted and installed it from new..., now windows can't activate it, how to fix it?...
  8. activation lost when installed windows 11 from new format, how to fix?

activation lost when installed windows 11 from new format, how to fix?: my laptop was activated as a windows 10 pro workstation, I downloaded windows 11 and formatted and installed it from new..., now windows can't activate it, how to fix it?...
  9. External USB Drive Lost it's Format after unchecking "Allow files on this drive to have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External USB Drive Lost it's Format after unchecking "Allow files on this drive to have...: Hello,From the Volume properties window within the "Disk Management" tool under Windows 10, I unchecked the "Allow files on this drive to have contents indexed in addition to file properties" checkbox. However since then I have been unable to access the drive, Windows...
  10. External USB Drive Lost it's Format after unchecking "Allow files on this drive to have...

External USB Drive Lost it's Format after unchecking "Allow files on this drive to have...: Hello,From the Volume properties window within the "Disk Management" tool under Windows 10, I unchecked the "Allow files on this drive to have contents indexed in addition to file properties" checkbox. However since then I have been unable to access the drive, Windows...