Windows 10: FORMATTING A FLASH DISK

Discus and support FORMATTING A FLASH DISK in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I AM FAILING TO FORMAT MY 8 GB FLASH DISK... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FLUTS 1974, Nov 30, 2018.

1. FORMATTING A FLASH DISK

I AM FAILING TO FORMAT MY 8 GB FLASH DISK

:)

FLUTS 1974, Nov 30, 2018
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Nov 30, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Cannot Format HD

Need to initialize it as GPT disk type with HD > 2TB:
    From Admin command prompt:
    1. diskpart
    2. list disk =====> Take a note of disk # for the 4TB HD
    3. select disk # ====> From step 2
    4. clean
    5. exit
    Open Disk Management and initialize the disk as GPT, create simple then format.

topgundcp, Nov 30, 2018
  4. mikel33 Win User

FORMATTING A FLASH DISK

USB Flash Drive saying not formatted..?

Hi,

I have a Memorex Poker Chip USB Flash Drive 1GB, and It shows up fine on one PC as "Poker Chip" in explore, and I can transfer files... but on my other PC (the one I'm on now..specs in profile) it's listed only as H: Removable Disk, and when I click on it, it says: "The Device is not formatted, would you like to format it now? (Y/N). Why would it be recognized on one PC, but the not the other? How come the other PC didn't need it formatted? When I click yes to format it, it says: "Windows was unable to complete the format"

I went to the BIOS and USB 2.0 is enabled. And Device Manager does list it as a Memorex Poker Chip..

mikel33, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

FORMATTING A FLASH DISK

1. FORMATTING A FLASH DISK - Similar Threads - FORMATTING FLASH DISK

2. Is there a way to format windows 10 flash disk drive ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to format windows 10 flash disk drive ?: The flash disk drive is in my usb 3.0 but when i try to format it i'm getting error that the disk is write protected.The reason that i want to format it is that i want to download to it the latest windows 10 installation files.This is a screenshot of the drive content :This...
  3. Is there a way to format windows 10 flash disk drive ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to format windows 10 flash disk drive ?: The flash disk drive is in my usb 3.0 but when i try to format it i'm getting error that the disk is write protected.The reason that i want to format it is that i want to download to it the latest windows 10 installation files.This is a screenshot of the drive content :This...
  4. Is there a way to format windows 10 flash disk drive ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. flash bellek format

in Windows 10 Gaming
    flash bellek format: flash bellek format atarken cmd kod dizinde hata oldu ardından flash bellek hiçbir şekilde gözükmüyor list disktede gözükmüyor en son ntfs ye dönüştürmüştüm formatım yarıda kaldı :...
  6. flash bellek format

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    flash bellek format: flash bellek format atarken cmd kod dizinde hata oldu ardından flash bellek hiçbir şekilde gözükmüyor list disktede gözükmüyor en son ntfs ye dönüştürmüştüm formatım yarıda kaldı :...
  7. flash bellek format

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. format the USB flash

format the USB flash: When I entered my flash, I got massage this USB need to format before its used, when I tried to format, the computer or windows was unable to format please note that my windows is 10...
  9. Flash disk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Flash disk: why there is no way to send documents to a flash disk? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/flash-disk/2ac96552-3965-4c66-a27a-878c718d2cbe
  10. Formatting flash drives

Formatting flash drives: Hi all. Lately, every flash drive I've bought requires to be NTFS formatted. Quick formatting gives me the option to change allocation size. Is there a specific size I should be using or just go small? 39013

Users found this page by searching for:

1. format a dvd diskpart