Windows 10: Formatting a SD card with FAT32

Discus and support Formatting a SD card with FAT32 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a camera that requires a micro SD card with a USH-1 rating and U3 video level. The card I have is 128GB. The camera requires the card to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dxo144, Jul 11, 2019.

1. dxo144 Win User

Formatting a SD card with FAT32

I have a camera that requires a micro SD card with a USH-1 rating and U3 video level. The card I have is 128GB. The camera requires the card to be formatted with FAT32. When trying to format the card in Windows 10pro, the formatting options presented are NTFS and exFAT. I have tried exFAT but the camera will not recognize the card.

Any help with formatting the card with FAT32 would be appreciated.

:)

dxo144, Jul 11, 2019
  2. LylaAllen Win User

Formatting my SD Card to FAT32

So I recently purchased a 32GB SD card and need to format it to FAT32 to prepare it for storage-- except my computer constantly gives me the same error. Besides that, in the formatting menu I don't see an option to format it into FAT32 specifically0-- just
    NTFS, FAT (default), and exFAT.

How do I get the SD formatted correctly?

LylaAllen, Jul 11, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User

Hi Lyla,

Insert the SD Card into your PC

In Windows File Explorer, note down the drive letter of that SD Card

Click your Start Button, type cmd and hit Enter

Run the following command (replace X with the drive letter of your SD Card), then hit Enter:

(you can copy and then right click in the command window to paste automatically)

format /FS:FAT32 X:

That should format your SD card to Fat32

DaveM121, Jul 11, 2019
  4. LylaAllen Win User

When I try to use the software to format it lists the SD card as "Disk 2 (02MicroSD, Removable, MBR) and the section listing it's usable space lists it as (Bad Disk)

LylaAllen, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Formatting a SD card with FAT32 - Similar Threads - Formatting card FAT32

2. Formating a micro SD card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Formating a micro SD card: Hi, Does anybody know how to format a micro SD card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formating-a-micro-sd-card/103f6f3f-4234-4391-918e-46dff548d7a2
  3. Windows doesn`t open a sd card that is formatted in FAT32

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows doesn`t open a sd card that is formatted in FAT32: i tried to take the photos from my dslr and windows does`nt open the files it recognizes that there is a sd card but even when i open it from disk management it just won`t open is there any tool that i could use to resolve this problem PS: windows was recognizing the card...
  4. Error formating sd card

Error formating sd card: Hello! So I have a corrupted 32gb sdhc card and I want to format it so I can use it again. But I can't format it. It says error completing format. The main error with command prompt and disk partition management is when I plug the card right in, the program stops responding...
  5. Formatting SD Card

Formatting SD Card: Hello, I have an SD Card of 64 GB storage space which my friend and I used as an external storage device. It has somehow become write protected. I cannot delete it's files. I've checked it's physical lock. How can I convert it to a normal SD Card or Format it completely...
  6. Formating a SD card

Formating a SD card: Hello, I am not a computer wizard.....can do some things but I cannot find out how to format a SD card - I have the adapter, with the SD card in, put into computer and laptop and nothing happens. Do I have to set up something - not sure what they are - the computer has only...
  7. Unsupported SD Card format

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unsupported SD Card format: Hi there!! I connected an SD Card and Windows tells me to format it if I want to use it. I need the data inside it, how can I do to transfer it's data anywhere else or to use it safely without formatting?? Thanks, hoping this has solution!!!! submitted by /u/Lukss_203...
  8. Format SD Card

Format SD Card: I cannot format an SD Card https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/format-sd-card/8177d725-b12d-4d1c-a799-efcb3df3c53f
  9. Unable to Format SD Card

Unable to Format SD Card: Hello everyone, After scrounging the internet for the past two days and trying what I feel is almost everything I wanted to come here to ask for help. My micro SD card was acting up in my cell phone, so I decided to put it into my computer with its adapter, backup all my...
  10. SD card format problem

SD card format problem: I have a problem with formating my phones sd card. I've tried literaly everything (from formating it regularly or using cmd, to using third party apps), but it doesn't wan't to format. I really don't know what to do at this point hence the reason why I'm asking this question....