Windows 10: formatting a storage device

Discus and support formatting a storage device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; how can i format a seagate storage device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by spencerfurrow, Jan 30, 2021.

1. formatting a storage device

how can i format a seagate storage device

:)

spencerfurrow, Jan 30, 2021

2. Internal Storage devices being detected as removable devices

Hi,

I would suggest you to update your storage controller driver.

Method 1: Update Storage Controller Driver

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Storage Controller.
    • Right-click on the Storage controller Driver
      and select Update Driver Software.
    • Wait for sometime and check if the issue persists.
    • Restart your system.
    Method 2: Uninstall and then reinstall Storage Controller driver from the Manufacturer's Website

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Storage Controller.
    • Right-click on the Storage controller Driver
      and select Uninstall.
    • Now, go to the Manufacturer's website and download the latest storage controller driver.
    • Once the download is complete, double-click and run the setup file to complete installation.
    • Restart your system.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jan 30, 2021
  3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Jan 30, 2021
  4. formatting a storage device

Format an external Drive.

Hello Roger,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to format the drive you are referring to.

• Right Click on Start menu and select Open Computer Management.

• In the left pane, under Storage, click Disk Management.

• Right-click the volume that you want to format, and then click Format.

• To format the volume with the default settings, in the Format dialog box, click
      OK, and then click OK again.
    Note: You cannot format a disk or partition that is currently in use, including the partition that contains Windows.

Hope it helps.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

formatting a storage device

1. formatting a storage device - Similar Threads - formatting storage device

2. how to format a crashed usb storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to format a crashed usb storage: my usb storage is not picking up on my system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-format-a-crashed-usb-storage/2dd7f2a8-a57f-4ecd-aae1-1656dde976a1
  3. how to format a crashed usb storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to format a crashed usb storage: my usb storage is not picking up on my system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-format-a-crashed-usb-storage/2dd7f2a8-a57f-4ecd-aae1-1656dde976a1
  4. Storage Devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Devices: I am unable to copy and paste files from my internal storage which is full to my external storage which is not full. I have nearly 8T worth of free storage on my external storage, but I receive the message that i do not have enough space. Also, I have my external storage set...
  5. Storage Devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage Devices: I am unable to copy and paste files from my internal storage which is full to my external storage which is not full. I have nearly 8T worth of free storage on my external storage, but I receive the message that i do not have enough space. Also, I have my external storage set...
  6. Erase/Format Storage Space

in Windows 10 Support
    Erase/Format Storage Space: I'm having difficulty figuring out how to erase a storage space and reformat it. Any suggestions, or links you can share? Thanks... 181631
  7. Iomega storage device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Iomega storage device: I have an Iomega storage device that is not showing up or being recognized by my computer. A few days ago I started a backup on this device and it was fine, now I can't even find the device, let alone the backup! What can I do? Where do I look for it? HELP !!!!!!!!...
  8. Recover Formatted storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recover Formatted storage: Hey Community, So i wanted to install Linux Kali on a VM For educational purposes using the free usb tool "Rufus", i didnt click the correct drive and now i have a formatted drive with nothing on it, please keep in mind that i use this for my main downloads so apps i use...
  9. Storage Devices

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Storage Devices: I have an SSD and a HD. My SSD is completely full and has no more space on it. When I try to download something it says my SSD is full and wont just download to the HD. Why is this ? submitted by /u/pjhath [link] [comments]...
  10. Storage Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Storage Device: hello, My laptop is hp 15 bs-544tu. At place of HDD, I'm feeling heat, after latest update. My optimization and fragmentation frequency is set on daily bases. Help me to get rid of it....