Windows 10: formatting a windows tablet via another laptop.

Discus and support formatting a windows tablet via another laptop. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a windows tablet and it has gone faulty. I cannot reset it so i want to format it via usb cable with my pc laptop. Is there any way to do this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by paul1701d, Jan 29, 2021.

1. paul1701d Win User

formatting a windows tablet via another laptop.

I have a windows tablet and it has gone faulty. I cannot reset it so i want to format it via usb cable with my pc laptop. Is there any way to do this please. I cannot access the internet with it and if i cannot format it, it will be dustbin fodder.

:)

paul1701d, Jan 29, 2021
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Jan 29, 2021
  3. Transfer music from laptop to windows 10 tablet.

No, there's no pop up on the tablet or the laptop. I have tried using the three different USB ports and still nothing but I only have one lead to try. I clicked windows key and E and the tablet isn't listed under my PC, but it is listed in network as a phone,
    don't know if that's relevant

LucasRichardson, Jan 29, 2021
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Windows RT Tablet/Laptop

Of course there are options, and one of those options is a tablet that runs traditional Windows, and that option is far superior. Maybe you've been under a rock, but there are now Atom based tablets, and they rock the socks off anything ARM based.

I am comparing tablet to tablet, no where did I mention anything about a laptop. In fact both are tablets, in the same price range, in the same form factor. At this point I don't know why anyone would sacrifice the functionality of a full PC to use an RT tablet. There is just no reason for it when there are Atom based Windows 8 tablets in the same price range and same form factor.

newtekie1, Jan 29, 2021
Thema:

1. formatting a windows tablet via another laptop. - Similar Threads - formatting tablet via

2. I formatted another laptop I own and now can't open it

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I formatted another laptop I own and now can't open it: I have an HP laptop that I was giving to my girlfriend. I formatted it so all my personal info and programs I had purchased Office, etc were deleted. However, now I can't get into it nor can my girl friend. Even at 86 yrs old, I have a girlfriend. It turns on, the...
  3. Unable to connect Laptop with mobile phone or tablet via bluetooth.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to connect Laptop with mobile phone or tablet via bluetooth.: Hi Team Microsoft, I want to use the "Your phone" app of Microsoft, but when it comes to connecting the phone via Bluetooth it just pairs and then does not connect. I use Windows 10 2004 version. I checked my other Bluetooth devices like headphones and they work perfectly....
  4. Formating laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Formating laptop: I had a problem with my storage, which is I cannot open the file explorer. so I can't access to my personal data inside the storage, and I wanted to format my laptop, but when I choose "remove everything" nothing happened. there's still old files and application, and I still...
  5. Problem Transferring files from Laptop to Tablet via USB or OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem Transferring files from Laptop to Tablet via USB or OneDrive: Hello - please bear with me as I am elderly. Can anyone help? I have both a laptop and a new Tablet and both have latest version of Windows 10. I have set up my Tablet to look the same as my laptop but unlike in the past with other tablets my new one will not accept file...
  6. Problem Transferring files from Laptop to Tablet via USB or'One Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem Transferring files from Laptop to Tablet via USB or'One Drive: Hello - please bear with me as I am elderly. Can anyone help? I have both a laptop and a new Tablet and both have latest version of Windows 10. I have set up my Tablet to look the same as my laptop but unlike in the past with other tablets my new one will not accept file...
  7. laptop and tablet

laptop and tablet: how can I use my laptop and tablet together it was working and now the tablet is not working correctly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-and-tablet/894c08f1-fce3-4ca0-ac03-319a846fb714
  8. Windows update on tablet/laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update on tablet/laptop: I have a tablet that has attachable keyboard, it is a linx only bought at Christmas, the latest update fails to put correct drivers on for wifi. Every time I update 4284835 the wifi stops working uninstalling the update wifi works without needing anything done. Just updated...
  9. Connecting windows tablet to pc via usb cable?

Connecting windows tablet to pc via usb cable?: It is annoying that you can connect android tablets to a pc using standard usb cables to allow fast file transfer but you cannot connect a windows tablet in same way. Indeed connecting via standard usb cables can fry the usb ports or even cause a fire. I can transfer by...
  10. Formatting a laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Formatting a laptop: I have been asked to sort out a laptop for a client. It current has Windows 7 on it and GWR is offering to upgrade to WIndows 10. However there are two accounts on the machine. a full one under her bosses name and a restricted one for her as guest. She bought the laptop...