Windows 10: Formatting drive and re-installing windows 10 outside of windows

Discus and support Formatting drive and re-installing windows 10 outside of windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi My mother-in-law has suffered a catastrophic malware attack. She can no longer log into her windows local account. I decided to try a reset to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PaulEdChapman, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Formatting drive and re-installing windows 10 outside of windows

Hi

My mother-in-law has suffered a catastrophic malware attack. She can no longer log into her windows local account. I decided to try a reset to re-install windows 10 from scratch and then add her account. Unfortunately the rest runs for a while and then terminates early I think at the most it got to just over 50% of the way through. Is there a way of downloading Windows 10 to a flash drive and then use this to format the hard drive and then re-install windows 10?

Thanks for reading.

:)

PaulEdChapman, Apr 8, 2020
  2. Hitman Win User

Windows 10 formatting ?

Hello all
    I have 3 hard drives
    1 sata 1 tb with Windows 10
    2 older drives that are ide that I use for apps and data and not clutter my main drive.

I will be replacing the 2 older drives with a 2 tb data drive

I am thinking of formatting my main drive and starting all new and reloading everything.

My problem is that I was on Windows 7 pro 64 bit and got Windows 10 pro 64 bit upgrade free.
    So don't have Windows 10 CD or a code for it. So if I format will I be able to get Windows 10 for free
    Or I'll I have to buy the CD.
    Don't really want to spend 200.00 bucks right now.

Have not formatted in a while what's the best way now a days ?

Thanks Ruben

Hitman, Apr 8, 2020
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Apr 8, 2020
  4. Formatting drive and re-installing windows 10 outside of windows

Windows 10 formatting ?

You got a digital entitlement if you did the upgrade. But you must of had an original windows seven key which will work perfectly fine when upgrading to Windows 10. All you need to do is get that Windows 7 key and use it when you reinstall windows 10 on the new hard drive or formatted hard drive

The windows 10 installation media a.k.a. media creation tool will work perfectly fine for doing the transition. Or if you would like Here on tech power up there are several threads that have links to hosted ISO windows 10 images

So in short regardless of which path you choose to do the install all you need is that original key for windows seven if this is a prebuilt PC you should be able to acquire it with your sticker that stuck somewhere on the PCs back or bottom

Iso link
    Download Windows 10 Disc Image (ISO File)

jboydgolfer, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

Formatting drive and re-installing windows 10 outside of windows

1. Formatting drive and re-installing windows 10 outside of windows - Similar Threads - Formatting drive installing

2. Windows 10 Drive clean and re-install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Drive clean and re-install: Hi all, I started a complete drive clean of my system that has 2 SSDs and 2 HHDs varying in capacity from 500gb to 4tb. Along with a complete reinstall of Windows 10.I started this at 3pm GMT and it is now coming up to 8:30pm GMT. My question is how much long will this take?...
  3. Windows 10 Drive clean and re-install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Drive clean and re-install: Hi all, I started a complete drive clean of my system that has 2 SSDs and 2 HHDs varying in capacity from 500gb to 4tb. Along with a complete reinstall of Windows 10.I started this at 3pm GMT and it is now coming up to 8:30pm GMT. My question is how much long will this take?...
  4. Windows 10 Drive clean and re-install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. format drive and install windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    format drive and install windows: Back when the user actually had ownership of their computer, we used to be able to format the hard dive completely and install windows. That's not possible with win 10. There's so much bloat wear and malware on here that this machine hardly functions. My only solution is to...
  6. format drive and install windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    format drive and install windows: Back when the user actually had ownership of their computer, we used to be able to format the hard dive completely and install windows. That's not possible with win 10. There's so much bloat wear and malware on here that this machine hardly functions. My only solution is to...
  7. How to format Windows 10 completely and re-Install

How to format Windows 10 completely and re-Install: Could please help on the steps on How to format Windows 10 completely and re-Install the windows 10 Home again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-format-windows-10-completely-and-re-install/5409366a-48eb-46e5-b869-16647c5e257f
  8. Re-Formatted USB Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Re-Formatted USB Drive: I recently booted Windows 10 onto some old laptops, my original attempt using this USB Drive, but the laptops were so old I ended up having to use a disc. When I reformatted the USB Drive 64gb to a format where I could use it as a normal drive, the storage on it was cut in...
  9. Installing Windows on Formatted drive

Installing Windows on Formatted drive: Hi there, I have a NVMe SSD formatted to NTFS but when I try to install windows10 on it I'm told that it has a MBR partition table. When I go to disk management to try to convert it to a GPT disk it won't allow me to convert it. How do I fix this problem so the windows10 o/s...
  10. Re Installing Windows After C Drive Format

Re Installing Windows After C Drive Format: Hello, I would like some help. I want to to a Complete reinstalltion of windows 10, I want to whipe all my drives then do a fresh installtion. however my version is a free upgraded version from a windows 7 pro install. How do I go about formating the hard drive and...