Windows 10: Formatting error on pendrive.

Discus and support Formatting error on pendrive. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a 32 GB Sony Pendrive. I don't have any data on it. But I cannot access the pendrive. The below error occurs when I try to access my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AbhijithMuralidharan, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Formatting error on pendrive.

I have a 32 GB Sony Pendrive. I don't have any data on it. But I cannot access the pendrive.

The below error occurs when I try to access my pendrive.

Formatting error on pendrive. 7b97a10c-dd4f-4196-ae60-3216e74cbc9e?upload=true.png

So I ran chkdsk on cmd as administrator and the below happened.

Formatting error on pendrive. 1a66ae8f-6b41-444c-b563-363c9fa6e2e2?upload=true.png

I tried to resolve the unspecified errors but nothing happened.

I even tried to format my pendrive from Disk Management and the below happened.

Formatting error on pendrive. 30529f14-e7ab-43a1-84e7-eecfdd83fcfa?upload=true.png

I tried changing the drive name from J to something else.. But nothing happened at all..

The next thing I tried was to diskpart and even that went wrong.

Formatting error on pendrive. 78bdd203-1d62-4f2c-93af-d51feda39441?upload=true.png

If i do list partition on diskpart, the below happened.

Formatting error on pendrive. 0abd3cdc-631f-453f-b405-ce489fc5af3e?upload=true.png

I have tried all possible ways and I am back at square one. I really need this 32 GB and I don't wanna waste them. Someone help me with this...

:)

AbhijithMuralidharan, Jul 23, 2019
  2. freebird_9924, Jul 23, 2019
  3. Unable to format my pendrive

the windows is unable to format my pendrive.........everytime it shows this error message...........plzzz help me

Formatting error on pendrive. c626dd9a-f139-4600-9f91-6827969c4883?upload=true.png

DevpreetAntil, Jul 23, 2019
  4. Fernandz Win User

Formatting error on pendrive.

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

Formatting error on pendrive.

1. Formatting error on pendrive. - Similar Threads - Formatting error pendrive

2. Getting this error everytime i try to create volume or format my pendrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting this error everytime i try to create volume or format my pendrive: yesterday i installed kali linux for dual boot in my pen drive later that day i opened windows and directly deleted that partition of kali and after that my pendrive has been not working properly i tired everything from clean, create partition in disk part and disk management...
  3. Getting this error everytime i try to create volume or format my pendrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting this error everytime i try to create volume or format my pendrive: yesterday i installed kali linux for dual boot in my pen drive later that day i opened windows and directly deleted that partition of kali and after that my pendrive has been not working properly i tired everything from clean, create partition in disk part and disk management...
  4. Getting this error everytime i try to create volume or format my pendrive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Pendrive ejection.

Pendrive ejection.: Windows 10 21H version, 149043.1081 I use a pendrive, a single pendrive, and the situation is becoming painful and irritating. I tried the two management criteria, but the warning always appears that the device is in use when I try to eject it and believe me I no longer know...
  6. Pendrive ejection.

in Windows 10 Support
    Pendrive ejection.: Windows 10 21H version, 149043.1081 I use a pendrive, a single pendrive, and the situation is becoming painful and irritating. I tried the two management criteria, but the warning always appears that the device is in use when I try to eject it and believe me I no longer know...
  7. I CANT OPEN MY PENDRIVE OR EVEN FORMAT IT

I CANT OPEN MY PENDRIVE OR EVEN FORMAT IT: yesterday it was working fine but after extracting a zip in it it started saying cant open because of I/O error because it may be too big or it can be corrupted. So i tried formatting it but it was unable to complete the format...
  8. how to format write protected pendrive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to format write protected pendrive?: how to format write protected pen drive? You are not able to format the write-protected Pendrive? Well I found 3 helpful ways to format the write-protected Pendrive. Using them is a good option. BTW what's the reason behind it?Well, the main reason for this error comes when...
  9. for pendrive password

for pendrive password: HY SIR HOW TO SET PASSWORD IN PENDRIVE WITHOUT ANY SOFTWARE IN WINDOWS10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/for-pendrive-password/990c26bf-018c-44f3-be50-85a84da89f49
  10. Please help cant format Pendrive RAW partition

Please help cant format Pendrive RAW partition: I was using windows media creation tool, then while at 70% it got stuck and corrupted my pendrive. So far I have tried the following:- 1. Diskpart (Both GUI and CMD) 2. chkdsk (doesnt work for RAW) 3. something like low level formatting 4. Bunch of free software like Aiomi,...