Windows 10: Formatting hard drives partitions on a dual hard drive laptop

Discus and support Formatting hard drives partitions on a dual hard drive laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently got a used laptop from a friend of mine. The laptop was running Windows 11 but after attempting to reset the computer, it would no longer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Leeeeesamo, Jan 21, 2022.

1. Formatting hard drives partitions on a dual hard drive laptop

I recently got a used laptop from a friend of mine. The laptop was running Windows 11 but after attempting to reset the computer, it would no longer boot Windows. I then created a flash drive with Windows 11 and attempted to reinstall Windows 11 but received a message stating that the system didn't meet the requirements so I ended up installing Windows 10 and finally have the laptop back up and going.While installing Windows 10 I found that the laptop has dual hard drives.Disk 0 see pic below is 457.76 GB - currently set as the 'Active' hard drive System Reserved and was where Windows

:)

Leeeeesamo, Jan 21, 2022
  2. Kursah Win User

Hard drive partitioning

I partition during a windows install...granted I only format the OS partition during that setup, format the other partition(s) after OS install. Works fine fore me, XP and Vista installs both have worked fine for years doing this, otherwise, Partition Magic does the trick.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Jan 22, 2022
  3. Msap14 Win User
    Hard Drive Data Recovery

got a laptop pata hard drive that makes a slight constant clicking noise. hard drive is more than likely dead/dying right... i can see that partitions of the hard drive in disk management and i can see the partitions in my computer but i can't get to any of the data.

any suggestions?

Msap14, Jan 22, 2022
  4. Formatting hard drives partitions on a dual hard drive laptop

Hard drive partitioning

I seem to recall, many moons ago, a hard drive partitioning program, that could partition a hard drive without having to reformat it. What would the best program to use be?

BradleyKZN, Jan 22, 2022
Thema:

Formatting hard drives partitions on a dual hard drive laptop

1. Formatting hard drives partitions on a dual hard drive laptop - Similar Threads - Formatting hard drives

2. Partitioning a Hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Partitioning a Hard drive: Hi, I recently installed a new HDD and was hoping to create a partition in order to keep my programs separated for organisation reasons. If anybody knows how to create a hard drive partition in windows 11 then I would appreciate the help a lot thanks. x...
  3. Formatting hard drives partitions on a dual hard drive laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Formatting hard drives partitions on a dual hard drive laptop: I recently got a used laptop from a friend of mine. The laptop was running Windows 11 but after attempting to reset the computer, it would no longer boot Windows. I then created a flash drive with Windows 11 and attempted to reinstall Windows 11 but received a message stating...
  4. Formatting hard drives partitions on a dual hard drive laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Formatting hard drives partitions on a dual hard drive laptop: I recently got a used laptop from a friend of mine. The laptop was running Windows 11 but after attempting to reset the computer, it would no longer boot Windows. I then created a flash drive with Windows 11 and attempted to reinstall Windows 11 but received a message stating...
  5. Hard drive partitions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive partitions: I cloned my 1TB hard drive to my 4TB hard drive and there are 2 unallocated sotrage I can allocate one but I can't do anything with the other they are at C: 930.94GB G: 1116.49GB leaving me with 1678.02GB that I can't allocate or merge with any of the other 2 or merge all 3...
  6. Formating a hard drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Formating a hard drive.: I want to format my Intel hard drive so I can have a clean reinstall of Windows 10 but I can't format it because the drive I am trying to format is where Windows 10 is and I am using Windows 10 to try to format it. I have looked up every possible way to do this but I still...
  7. Formating Hard Drives

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Formating Hard Drives: I want to format my Intel hard drive so I can have a clean reinstall of Windows 10 but I can't format it because the drive I am trying to format is where Windows 10 is and I am using Windows 10 to try to format it. I have looked up every possible way to do this but I still...
  8. Format hard drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Format hard drive: I cannot do updates because I am out of disk space but I cannot figure out how to free up disk space. I've deleted all unneeded program files and want to just reformat the hard drive. The option to reformat is grayed out, however. Sometimes the laptop will give me a gray...
  9. formatting a hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    formatting a hard drive: does anyone know how to format a hard drive to load and run windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formatting-a-hard-drive/398827f9-3683-4e2c-a621-a32071e1d680
  10. partitioning hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    partitioning hard drive: hi all this is a question about GPT UEFI and LEGACY partitions if I install in legacy mode on a 1 TB drive with no partitions will my laptop run ok I dont understand why GPT gives 4 partitions and I dont understand UEFI please explain all 3 options. many thanks to all that...