Windows 10: Formatting HDD with windows 10 after free upgrade

Discus and support Formatting HDD with windows 10 after free upgrade in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have to format laptop on which My original License was for Windows 7 and I upgraded it free for Windows 10 during Microsoft "Windows 10 Upgrade free"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Shailendra Neema, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Formatting HDD with windows 10 after free upgrade

I have to format laptop on which My original License was for Windows 7 and I upgraded it free for Windows 10 during Microsoft "Windows 10 Upgrade free" scheme.

How I will Windows 10 on formatted Laptop with License?

:)

Shailendra Neema, Oct 7, 2020
  2. Flow Win User

Windows 10 formatting ?

We upgraded windows 7 to 10. Many crashes and errors after that. So a format and clean install of windows 10. Activated automatically. Zero issues and no more crashes etc etc.
    So I'm inclined to say to just go for it. And if a problem, then use your windows 7 key.

Flow, Oct 7, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 7, 2020
  4. EarthDog Win User

Formatting HDD with windows 10 after free upgrade

Windows 10 formatting ?

But he already went to 10, so it's already tied to his hardware no?
    To that end, he would only need to create the install media from the MS website, format upon installation and activate. There shouldn't be a need to to 10 since he is currently there and activated. See post 3...

Or.. did I miss something? If he's on 7, can you still get 10 free if you didn't activate it before that expired?

Edit: You have to use the assisted technology to get it free now... a bit shady to me if you aren't using that tech. That way you'd have to upgrade to 10.. then format and reinstall for a clean install.

EarthDog, Oct 7, 2020
Thema:

Formatting HDD with windows 10 after free upgrade

1. Formatting HDD with windows 10 after free upgrade - Similar Threads - Formatting HDD free

2. Formatting HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Formatting HDD: Why creating partition does not generate healthy partitions ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formatting-hdd/bd6e4a63-8334-4c10-9ba3-4c82e381a01f
  3. Formatting HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Formatting HDD: Why creating partition does not generate healthy partitions ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formatting-hdd/bd6e4a63-8334-4c10-9ba3-4c82e381a01f
  4. Formatting HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. HDD Format

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD Format: This might be a stupid Question lolHow do I tell for If an External USB HDD has been Formatted or not .... so I know for IF I NEED to Format it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdd-format/b956aefa-2570-4e3a-b8d6-e8715e386bba
  6. Formatted HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Formatted HDD: i Formatted a HDD to do a fresh install on my PC and when i try to reinstall windows 10 from a USB i can only get into the BIOS and i can't change the boot sequence to boot from the USB i even tried installing Ubuntu Instead and it still wouldn't work...
  7. Free Upgrade Win 10 installed in HDD to be trasferred to SSD.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Free Upgrade Win 10 installed in HDD to be trasferred to SSD.: Hello, My HDD got corrupted so I upgraded and bought a new SSD. Originally my Operating System is that of Window 7, I then upgraded it to Windows 10 using the free upgrade of windows. I would like to ask if I can still reuse the product key of my original window 7 OS if I...
  8. HOW TO UPGRADE WINDOW 10 AFTER FORMATTING PC

HOW TO UPGRADE WINDOW 10 AFTER FORMATTING PC: I FORMATE MY PC DUE TO FAILURE OF WINDOW 10 OCTOBER UPDATE ( MY PC IS NOT OPENING).NOW I AM USING WINDOW 7 . HOW CAN I UPGRADE AGAIN TO WINDOW 10 HOWEVER I WERE FACED HEATING PROMLEM AFTER UPGRADE FROM WINDOW 7 TO 10.PLEASE PROVIDE SOLUTION FOR THIS ALSO....
  9. Windows 10 Activation error after complete format HDD

Windows 10 Activation error after complete format HDD: Few year ago I had purchased a new laptop having Windows10 Home installed in it. Used it for a year after that it stopped responding due to too many errors then 2,3 times I did complete format at the interval of 3,4 months but now I am not able to activate my windows. Tried...
  10. Is The Windows 10 Free Upgrade Still Free?

Is The Windows 10 Free Upgrade Still Free?: Hmm I firstly thought that free upgrade to windows 10 has end but now I see MS giving away windows 10 free again in this wsite?- Here 74024