Windows 10: Formatting HDD

Discus and support Formatting HDD in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Why creating partition does not generate healthy partitions ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Shivananda D TCS, Sep 29, 2022.

1. Formatting HDD

Why creating partition does not generate healthy partitions ?

:)

Shivananda D TCS, Sep 29, 2022
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Sep 30, 2022
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    External HDD needs format

Hi there @menu

from Windows command mode

1) Diskpart
    2) list Disk
    3) select disk <disk4> I think it would be in your case
    4) clean
    5) convert gpt (optional step but I prefer gpt HDD's these days even just for data disks)
    6) create partition primary
    7) format fs=ntfs quick
    8) assign
    9) exit

now you should have HDD ready for use and assigned a disk letter.

you don't need to create an efi partition for this disk either.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Sep 30, 2022
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Formatting HDD

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 30, 2022
Thema:

Formatting HDD

1. Formatting HDD - Similar Threads - Formatting HDD

2. How Recover Files From Formatted HDD While Installing Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Recover Files From Formatted HDD While Installing Windows?: I accidentally formatted my laptop hard drive while trying to upgrade w10 to w11. Instead of "reinstalling" clicked the "new install" button and formatted the HDD. Now the lap is not booting, showing "Boot device Not Found Please Install An Operating System On Your Hard...
  3. How Recover Files From Formatted HDD While Installing Windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Recover Files From Formatted HDD While Installing Windows?: I accidentally formatted my laptop hard drive while trying to upgrade w10 to w11. Instead of "reinstalling" clicked the "new install" button and formatted the HDD. Now the lap is not booting, showing "Boot device Not Found Please Install An Operating System On Your Hard...
  4. How Recover Files From Formatted HDD While Installing Windows?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. i have a 8 tb hdd formatted for PlayStation 5. how do i use it in windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have a 8 tb hdd formatted for PlayStation 5. how do i use it in windows: how do i use a hdd formatted for playstation 5 with windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-8-tb-hdd-formatted-for-playstation-5-how/ecd5eb31-e74b-4433-8ad0-1494d039f672
  6. i have a 8 tb hdd formatted for PlayStation 5. how do i use it in windows

i have a 8 tb hdd formatted for PlayStation 5. how do i use it in windows: how do i use a hdd formatted for playstation 5 with windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-8-tb-hdd-formatted-for-playstation-5-how/ecd5eb31-e74b-4433-8ad0-1494d039f672
  7. Do I have to format a hdd on a new windows 10 PC that has windows 7 on it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I have to format a hdd on a new windows 10 PC that has windows 7 on it?: so lately I've been trying to recover data off a HDD I took it out of a 9 year old laptop replaced it with my main drive in my PC booted up into bios and surprisingly it's still alive healthy and quite! I booted onto it with windows 7 everything worked fine besides the mouse...
  8. Do I have to format a hdd on a new windows 10 PC that has windows 7 on it?

Do I have to format a hdd on a new windows 10 PC that has windows 7 on it?: so lately I've been trying to recover data off a HDD I took it out of a 9 year old laptop replaced it with my main drive in my PC booted up into bios and surprisingly it's still alive healthy and quite! I booted onto it with windows 7 everything worked fine besides the mouse...
  9. HDD formatted now can't access anything to reinstall windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD formatted now can't access anything to reinstall windows: HDD has been formatted on laptop as it was corrupted. When switching on I get "no bootable device"I have a usb with the boot driver on it but it isn't recognised by the laptop. I tried following instructions for changing the boot options in bios but there is no option for USB...
  10. HDD formatted now can't access anything to reinstall windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HDD formatted now can't access anything to reinstall windows: HDD has been formatted on laptop as it was corrupted. When switching on I get "no bootable device"I have a usb with the boot driver on it but it isn't recognised by the laptop. I tried following instructions for changing the boot options in bios but there is no option for USB...