Windows 10: Formatting HDD

Discus and support Formatting HDD in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Why creating partition does not generate healthy partitions ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Shivananda D TCS, Sep 29, 2022.

1. Formatting HDD

Why creating partition does not generate healthy partitions ?

:)

Shivananda D TCS, Sep 29, 2022
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Sep 30, 2022
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    External HDD needs format

Hi there @menu

from Windows command mode

1) Diskpart
    2) list Disk
    3) select disk <disk4> I think it would be in your case
    4) clean
    5) convert gpt (optional step but I prefer gpt HDD's these days even just for data disks)
    6) create partition primary
    7) format fs=ntfs quick
    8) assign
    9) exit

now you should have HDD ready for use and assigned a disk letter.

you don't need to create an efi partition for this disk either.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Sep 30, 2022
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Formatting HDD

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 30, 2022
Thema:

Formatting HDD

1. Formatting HDD - Similar Threads - Formatting HDD

2. I can't get rid of error 0x80073CF9 on certain MS store apps after formatting HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't get rid of error 0x80073CF9 on certain MS store apps after formatting HDD: Hi there. I get error 0x80073CF9 each time I try to install certain apps from the Microsoft Store. It only happens with certain apps around 10 apps in total; I tried my best to remove them completely with dubious success. This error started showing up after I formatted a hard...
  3. I can't get rid of error 0x80073CF9 on certain MS store apps after formatting HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't get rid of error 0x80073CF9 on certain MS store apps after formatting HDD: Hi there. I get error 0x80073CF9 each time I try to install certain apps from the Microsoft Store. It only happens with certain apps around 10 apps in total; I tried my best to remove them completely with dubious success. This error started showing up after I formatted a hard...
  4. I made my External HDD as bootable without formatting, does that data is lost now?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I made my External HDD as bootable without formatting, does that data is lost now?: So, I made my external HDD as a bootable but didn't format anything and now it's showing only 30GB out of 2TB.What should I do to revert back to normal and is it possible that my existing is not lost? any solution for this.I haven't even booted through it any way to get that...
  5. I made my External HDD as bootable without formatting, does that data is lost now?

I made my External HDD as bootable without formatting, does that data is lost now?: So, I made my external HDD as a bootable but didn't format anything and now it's showing only 30GB out of 2TB.What should I do to revert back to normal and is it possible that my existing is not lost? any solution for this.I haven't even booted through it any way to get that...
  6. I made my External HDD as bootable without formatting, does that data is lost now?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Help with formatting internal HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with formatting internal HDD: I have an HP Desktop with a C: 256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD and D:1 TB 7200 rpm SATA HDD.I going to install a larger SSD, clone the small SSD and use the new SSD as the boot drive. The D: drive had no data on it.However, I thought I'd test the cloning process first and cloned...
  8. Help with formatting internal HDD

Help with formatting internal HDD: I have an HP Desktop with a C: 256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD and D:1 TB 7200 rpm SATA HDD.I going to install a larger SSD, clone the small SSD and use the new SSD as the boot drive. The D: drive had no data on it.However, I thought I'd test the cloning process first and cloned...
  9. Will the HDD be formatted once i reinstall windows 10 on a new SSD via USB?

Will the HDD be formatted once i reinstall windows 10 on a new SSD via USB?: I currently have my OS installed in the HDD. Last year I added an SSD to my laptop, but refused to move the OS onto it. Fastforward, my laptop performance is quite poor and I decided to reinstall windows onto my SSD. My question is whether or not reinstalling windows 10 onto...
  10. Will the HDD be formatted once i reinstall windows 10 on a new SSD via USB?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will the HDD be formatted once i reinstall windows 10 on a new SSD via USB?: I currently have my OS installed in the HDD. Last year I added an SSD to my laptop, but refused to move the OS onto it. Fastforward, my laptop performance is quite poor and I decided to reinstall windows onto my SSD. My question is whether or not reinstalling windows 10 onto...