Windows 10: Formatting multi partition HDD

Discus and support Formatting multi partition HDD in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey I have just removed an 2.5" 500gb hdd from my old broken xbox one. I want to use it as spare portable hdd, for which I have a 3.0 USB HDD case. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fishworm360, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Formatting multi partition HDD

Hey

I have just removed an 2.5" 500gb hdd from my old broken xbox one. I want to use it as spare portable hdd, for which I have a 3.0 USB HDD case. I would like to format the HDD with windows disk managment or any other HDD mangament tools (like AOMEI Partition Manager) but one of the partition isn't being recognized and not allowing me to even start the disk managment tool unless I remove the hard disk. I even tried cmd prompt in safe mode but the same problem persists.

Any and all solutions are welcome. Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/fishworm360
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/fishworm360, Nov 29, 2020
  2. DeNeDe Win User

HDD partitions format

Used a tool from the list and it worked..
    Install won't start if windows can't recognize the partitions.

DeNeDe, Nov 29, 2020
  3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Nov 29, 2020
  4. Formatting multi partition HDD

Unresponsive HDD Partition.

I somehow managed to format the partition & its now unallocated space. Now, I cant create a new partition neither I can allocated that free space to other Partition. Can you suggest a way to repair that space in HDD?

-Thanks

ShehrozKhan1, Nov 29, 2020
Thema:

Formatting multi partition HDD

1. Formatting multi partition HDD - Similar Threads - Formatting multi partition

2. Formatting HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Formatting HDD: Why creating partition does not generate healthy partitions ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formatting-hdd/bd6e4a63-8334-4c10-9ba3-4c82e381a01f
  3. Formatting HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Formatting HDD: Why creating partition does not generate healthy partitions ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formatting-hdd/bd6e4a63-8334-4c10-9ba3-4c82e381a01f
  4. Formatting HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Formatting/partitioning an external HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Formatting/partitioning an external HDD: HiI have a USB 3TByte HDD that is somewhat older. DIsk Management 'Datenträgerverwaltung displays it as two different drives #7 and 8. I wonder how to merge these into one single drive. I tried everthing using Disk Management, but I get an error message, see screenshots....
  6. Formatting/partitioning an external HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Formatting/partitioning an external HDD: HiI have a USB 3TByte HDD that is somewhat older. DIsk Management 'Datenträgerverwaltung displays it as two different drives #7 and 8. I wonder how to merge these into one single drive. I tried everthing using Disk Management, but I get an error message, see screenshots....
  7. Formatting/partitioning an external HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. HDD Format

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD Format: This might be a stupid Question lolHow do I tell for If an External USB HDD has been Formatted or not .... so I know for IF I NEED to Format it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdd-format/b956aefa-2570-4e3a-b8d6-e8715e386bba
  9. Formatted HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Formatted HDD: i Formatted a HDD to do a fresh install on my PC and when i try to reinstall windows 10 from a USB i can only get into the BIOS and i can't change the boot sequence to boot from the USB i even tried installing Ubuntu Instead and it still wouldn't work...
  10. Multi Recovery Partitions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Multi Recovery Partitions: Folks: I have a Dell Venue 8 Pro with an upgraded Windows 10 installed. Always perform Windows Update but did not pay attention too closely. When the drive space was low and started looking a little bit closer, I found out that I have several Recovery Partitions. From Disk...