Windows 10: Formatting my computer and want to keep my licensed windows 10

Discus and support Formatting my computer and want to keep my licensed windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello. I would like to ask if it's possible to format my computer but keep the current windows 10 I have. My Windows 10 is licensed, so I want to know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Jani Sterjov, Jun 30, 2021.

1. Formatting my computer and want to keep my licensed windows 10

Hello. I would like to ask if it's possible to format my computer but keep the current windows 10 I have. My Windows 10 is licensed, so I want to know if there is a way to re-use the product key to use the same windows. Thank you.

:)

Jani Sterjov, Jun 30, 2021

2. Windows 10 Tweaks

Volume Key Licenses, find a way.

broken pixel, Jun 30, 2021
  3. krimetal Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Jun 30, 2021
  4. Solaris17 Win User

Formatting my computer and want to keep my licensed windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

too be honest there is no reason not to legally own windows 10. It kind of irritates me people are spilling nonsense about KMS and activators all over the web. anyone on the average sophistication level atleast here on TPU probably own several windows 7 licenses at the least. Not to mention with all the sketch 3rd aprty site searching and scans with AV and dll hacks and reboots and step 4: unplug Ethernet cable you could just make a Ms account format to 7 upgrade to 10 and clean format if you so choose sign in again and be activated in the same amount of time.

Solaris17, Jun 30, 2021
Thema:

Formatting my computer and want to keep my licensed windows 10

1. Formatting my computer and want to keep my licensed windows 10 - Similar Threads - Formatting computer keep

2. Want to format computer but can't find digital license that is linked to my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want to format computer but can't find digital license that is linked to my microsoft account: I want to format my computer and start over but I can't find my license that is linked to my account. I know you can't see it, but how do i apply to computer after format....
  3. Want to format computer but can't find digital license that is linked to my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Want to format computer but can't find digital license that is linked to my microsoft account: I want to format my computer and start over but I can't find my license that is linked to my account. I know you can't see it, but how do i apply to computer after format....
  4. My old computer died. I want to transfer my Windows 10 license to the new computer.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My old computer died. I want to transfer my Windows 10 license to the new computer.: HiMy old computer suddenly died. I have a windows 10 license and would like to transfer my license to the new one I'm buying.All the manuals require me to operate my previous computer before transferring the license but that is not possible since the computer is not...
  5. My old computer died. I want to transfer my Windows 10 license to the new computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My old computer died. I want to transfer my Windows 10 license to the new computer.: HiMy old computer suddenly died. I have a windows 10 license and would like to transfer my license to the new one I'm buying.All the manuals require me to operate my previous computer before transferring the license but that is not possible since the computer is not...
  6. My old computer died. I want to transfer my Windows 10 license to the new computer.

7. I want to migrate my windows 10 professional license to a new computer

I want to migrate my windows 10 professional license to a new computer: I want to migrate my windows 10 professional license to a new computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-migrate-my-windows-10-professional/b2dea925-eccc-4ac8-a6d5-61c3e52d435b
  8. I want to migrate my windows 10 professional license to a new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I want to migrate my windows 10 professional license to a new computer: I want to migrate my windows 10 professional license to a new computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-migrate-my-windows-10-professional/b2dea925-eccc-4ac8-a6d5-61c3e52d435b
  9. formatting my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    formatting my computer: hello i possess a computer that didn't came with windows 10 that was bought separately and i would like to know that if i format my computer would it delete the windows 10 because i don't possess the disk to reinstall it. thank you,...
  10. Selling my PC but want to keep my license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Selling my PC but want to keep my license: So I have windows 10 pro, I plan on resetting this pc and selling it without my windows 10 license or in other words take it back, how do I do that? In what order? Thank you...