Windows 10: formatting my computer

Discus and support formatting my computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hello i possess a computer that didn't came with windows 10 that was bought separately and i would like to know that if i format my computer would it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by עידןיגר, Aug 9, 2020.

1. formatting my computer

hello i possess a computer that didn't came with windows 10 that was bought separately and i would like to know that if i format my computer would it delete the windows 10 because i don't possess the disk to reinstall it.

thank you,

:)

עידןיגר, Aug 9, 2020
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Aug 9, 2020
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Changing Time Format

Hi Mary,

There's a possibility that the set up time format in your computer Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) is military time. To have this checked, you can try to reset the time of your computer through Control Panel. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Open Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region >
      Change date, time, or number formats. This would open the
      Region
      window.
    • From there, click on Additional settings at the bottom part. It will open the Customize Format.
    • Click Reset; then, OK.

The steps should work; however, if not, we suggest that you contact manufacturer and have the BIOS time checked.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestions .

John Sarc, Aug 9, 2020
  4. formatting my computer

Format an external Drive.

Hello Roger,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to format the drive you are referring to.

• Right Click on Start menu and select Open Computer Management.

• In the left pane, under Storage, click Disk Management.

• Right-click the volume that you want to format, and then click Format.

• To format the volume with the default settings, in the Format dialog box, click
      OK, and then click OK again.
    Note: You cannot format a disk or partition that is currently in use, including the partition that contains Windows.

Hope it helps.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

formatting my computer

1. formatting my computer - Similar Threads - formatting computer

2. Formatted SSD and computer won’t find it on new window 10 installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Formatted SSD and computer won’t find it on new window 10 installation: hello,i am inquiring for some help. i had one of my older clients set up a new computer model is B1400CEAE-C53P-CA and set up a microsoft account and forgot the password. since they weren’t able to figure it out i was trying to format the ssd and then just reinstall windows...
  3. Formatted SSD and computer won’t find it on new window 10 installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Formatted SSD and computer won’t find it on new window 10 installation: hello,i am inquiring for some help. i had one of my older clients set up a new computer model is B1400CEAE-C53P-CA and set up a microsoft account and forgot the password. since they weren’t able to figure it out i was trying to format the ssd and then just reinstall windows...
  4. Formatted SSD and computer won’t find it on new window 10 installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Is it possible to restore any apps I used to have after a format on my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to restore any apps I used to have after a format on my computer?: I reset/format my computer and my apps are gone, is it possible to recover any apps that are gone on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-restore-any-apps-i-used-to-have/fe26c925-31f1-400e-a593-fa1e8d3b2dce
  6. Is it possible to restore any apps I used to have after a format on my computer?

Is it possible to restore any apps I used to have after a format on my computer?: I reset/format my computer and my apps are gone, is it possible to recover any apps that are gone on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-restore-any-apps-i-used-to-have/fe26c925-31f1-400e-a593-fa1e8d3b2dce
  7. Is it possible to restore any apps I used to have after a format on my computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Want to format computer but can't find digital license that is linked to my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want to format computer but can't find digital license that is linked to my microsoft account: I want to format my computer and start over but I can't find my license that is linked to my account. I know you can't see it, but how do i apply to computer after format....
  9. Want to format computer but can't find digital license that is linked to my microsoft account

Want to format computer but can't find digital license that is linked to my microsoft account: I want to format my computer and start over but I can't find my license that is linked to my account. I know you can't see it, but how do i apply to computer after format....
  10. My computer keeps restarting, even after a full hard drive format

My computer keeps restarting, even after a full hard drive format: My computer keeps restarting, I've formatted my hard drive and reinstalled windows to fix this, but it will still randomly restart, with every stop code imaginable being displayed as it does so....