Windows 10: Formatting my laptop without removing the OS.

Discus and support Formatting my laptop without removing the OS. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want an empty windows 10 laptop. I currently have the windows 10 home edition. The laptop was bought having a windows 8 probably. Is there a way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ThejasBhat, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Formatting my laptop without removing the OS.

I want an empty windows 10 laptop. I currently have the windows 10 home edition. The laptop was bought having a windows 8 probably. Is there a way to remove everything except the windows 10 itself. I'm afraid manually removing files won't do.

:)

ThejasBhat, Nov 27, 2020
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Cleaning off a Mac Laptop

cleaning it?

Step 1: buy about a half gallon of gasoline.

Step 2: douse laptop in gasoline.

Step 3: toss a burning match onto laptop.

Step 4: watch the fire clense your laptop.

3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Nov 27, 2020
  4. Formatting my laptop without removing the OS.

Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

Formatting my laptop without removing the OS.

1. Formatting my laptop without removing the OS. - Similar Threads - Formatting laptop without

2. Does resetting/formatting my laptop remove microsoft office?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does resetting/formatting my laptop remove microsoft office?: Hello, I'm on windows 11 and a few days ago it had an update, after updating my laptop every time I log in my screen goes black so after searching solutions up i decided to uninstall the latest feature update and it gave me more problems. I can't type on the search bar, apps...
  3. Does resetting/formatting my laptop remove microsoft office?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does resetting/formatting my laptop remove microsoft office?: Hello, I'm on windows 11 and a few days ago it had an update, after updating my laptop every time I log in my screen goes black so after searching solutions up i decided to uninstall the latest feature update and it gave me more problems. I can't type on the search bar, apps...
  4. Removing user-related data without formatting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Removing user-related data without formatting: Hey there, due to switching to another pc I want to remove all my user-related data and my installed applications from a windows 10 pc without formatting it (I have no alternative). I am therefore asking myself if I forgot anything? Uninstall all user apps Delete data...
  5. Removing another person's account from laptop without formatting the whole pc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Removing another person's account from laptop without formatting the whole pc: My ex bought me a laptop when we were still together, signed it up with all of his information for purchases ect. When we broke up he changed the password to his microsoft account for obvious reasons but not before i could change the pc to my own. Can i do this without...
  6. Wipe HDD without removing Windows OS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wipe HDD without removing Windows OS: Hello, I want to completely wipe my HDD clean without removing my Windows 10 from it. Is there a way to do this? As I have lost my disc for windows and do not want to buy another copy of it. Thanks submitted by /u/AlexRichh [link] [comments]...
  7. Format and reinstall OS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Format and reinstall OS: Computer will not boot as it is locked out with Bit-locker and I've exhausted all means to retrieve the key code needed . Need procedure to format the drive (from dos) from a USB drive in order to do a clean install of windows 10....
  8. Using old OS drive in a new setup without formatting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using old OS drive in a new setup without formatting: Good morning , I am about to make an upgrade on my desktop , which include installing Windows 10 in a M.2 NVMe drive , but keeping using the older drives ( SSD and HDD , which have the current Windows 10 ) . My question is : After formatting and installing the OS in the new...
  9. changing hdd in laptop without losing os?

in Windows 10 Support
    changing hdd in laptop without losing os?: Hi I want to upgrade my laptop with an ssd, but i don't want to lose my windows installation because I am using the windows 10 upgrade and if I reinstall windows it will downgrade me to my original windows 7 Is there a way to transfer the entire current hdd to a new ssd,...
  10. Installing different OS without removing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Installing different OS without removing Windows 10: If I wanted to install a different operating system for experimentation, would that overwrite the Windows 10 OS already in use, meaning I couldn't go back to it, or would W10 remain on the HDD in another partition and can be safely retrieved? Thanks . 113189