Windows 10: Formatting my PC

Discus and support Formatting my PC in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My PC is filling up with trash and it's slowing it down, so i thought to backup the few things i actually care about and format it. I read that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/endlesswarrior_, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Formatting my PC

My PC is filling up with trash and it's slowing it down, so i thought to backup the few things i actually care about and format it. I read that the operating system will be deleted, too. Is there a way to delete everything but the operating system? Going back to factory settings, just like when i bought it?

submitted by /u/endlesswarrior_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/endlesswarrior_, Nov 9, 2019
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Nov 9, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Cannot Format HD

Need to initialize it as GPT disk type with HD > 2TB:
    From Admin command prompt:
    1. diskpart
    2. list disk =====> Take a note of disk # for the 4TB HD
    3. select disk # ====> From step 2
    4. clean
    5. exit
    Open Disk Management and initialize the disk as GPT, create simple then format.

topgundcp, Nov 9, 2019
  4. Formatting my PC

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

Formatting my PC

1. Formatting my PC - Similar Threads - Formatting

2. Windows cannot Format this Drive. Quit anything using this drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows cannot Format this Drive. Quit anything using this drive: [img] I assume Origin game client is using it. Or another app I used to Compress files that were on it . A folder keeps being created in this SSD external drive, from a game folder i previously thought I had deleted. Just the folder itself keeps regenerating no matter what...
  3. WIndows 10 Voice Recorder File Format

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIndows 10 Voice Recorder File Format: How do I get voice recorder to record as an MP3 file? I just want to save these files as MP3s. I'm not converting anything, I just want my voice recordings to save as MP3s so they actually work with my other devices. MP4A is awful....
  4. Memorex External DVD Drive won't format disc

Memorex External DVD Drive won't format disc: Up until about 6 months ago my Memorex DVD Recorder (Model MRX-550LE) had no problem formatting CD & DVD discs. Now, for some unknown reason it won't. Nothing has changed on my computer except for Windows 10 updates. When I check it out in Devices & Drivers, it says it's...
  5. Format hard disk

Format hard disk: I want to gift my laptop to a friend and would like to format the hard disk, but when I try to do it the message is I can't do it because it could cause my computer to stop working. How do I erase everything from my computer's memory?...
  6. windows 10 formatted my 3tb hard drive with new update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 formatted my 3tb hard drive with new update: sorry this is my first post here so im not too sure how your suppose to say what i mean so im just gonna say it. last night my computer needed an update so when i shut it down it asked me to update and shut down and today when i turned it back on windows stopped working so...
  7. USB drive can't be formatted to NTFS just FAT32

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB drive can't be formatted to NTFS just FAT32: Hello everyone I have been having this issue for about a day now, I'am trying to format my Kingston Traveler USB drive to NTFS, but in a few seconds windows will report that (Windows was unable to complete the formatting) What is this issue? Why can't I reformat it to NTFS?...
  8. Extremely slow application response becuase of regional format

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Extremely slow application response becuase of regional format: We have legacy MFC based desktop application, our application is loading configurations/settings from a file, floating points are either comma or decimal separated. Our application was running quite nicely on Windows 10 until we updated to 1903 Build. Application takes a lot...
  9. How to partition C drive in Windows 10 without formatting

in Windows 10 News
    How to partition C drive in Windows 10 without formatting: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]I have seen a couple of computers where the Primary partition – C Drive, has extra storage space. Some computers do not have partition at all, while some have a smaller partition. Since it is not possible to delete C [...] This post How to partition C drive...
  10. Can I recover a large (130gb) game file from an external ssd I accidentally formatted?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I recover a large (130gb) game file from an external ssd I accidentally formatted?: I have just purchased and downloaded Call of duty which toon 48 hours to download due to server load. I successfully installed and was running off an external ssd (500gb) Had some driver issues and the suggestion (after trying multiple other fixes) was to download a windows...