Windows 10: formatting pen drive with diskpart

Discus and support formatting pen drive with diskpart in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a 8 GB usb and due to some problem as discussed here I am trying to format my USB disk which is 8 GB in size. When I insert the USB following... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sandila, Dec 15, 2019.

1. sandila Win User

formatting pen drive with diskpart

I have a 8 GB usb and due to some problem as discussed here
    I am trying to format my USB disk which is 8 GB in size. When I insert the USB following message pops up

formatting pen drive with diskpart [​IMG]

so I decided to format the usb as per a tutorial here
    when I execute command create partition primary it gives me the following error here are a few screenshots

What next should I try?

:)

sandila, Dec 15, 2019
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Dec 15, 2019
  3. diskpart for usb drive format is not working

when i used to make my pendrive bootable and it doesnt perform well and shows errors now the pendrive is not working and wants formating .So i m going to used cmd diskpart commands for clean the pendrive but when i opened the cmd by administrator and type
    diskpart and enter after that the i couldn't type anything in the diskpart as my keyboards are not working nor the on screen keyboard does. please suggest me somthing to fix the diskpart problem.

PranshuPandey, Dec 15, 2019
  4. John Vil Win User

Windows format disk message

Hello Marcos,

There may be several reasons why you are being prompted to have your pen drive formatted every time you plug it in to your PC. This prompt, however, may not be disabled. To isolate what's causing this issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did this issue start?
    • Were there any hardware/software changes on your PC prior to this happening?
    • Was your pen drive improperly pulled out from the USB port?
    • Have you tried plugging your pen drive to a different USB port or a different computer?

In the meantime we suggest you to check if your pen drive appears under
    Disk Management
    without any error. To check, follow the steps below:

• Click Windows + X.
    • Select Disk Management.
    • Check and see if your pen drive shows on the list.

We will be waiting for your response.

John Vil, Dec 15, 2019
Thema:

1. formatting pen drive with diskpart - Similar Threads - formatting pen drive

2. pen drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pen drive: my pen drive cruzer blade is not open in my pc. And it notify that it is install but i can't see thier icon in my pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pen-drive/564e65c4-164c-4e3a-835c-c470452f16cd
  3. pen drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pen drive: my pen drive cruzer blade is not open in my pc. And it notify that it is install but i can't see thier icon in my pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pen-drive/564e65c4-164c-4e3a-835c-c470452f16cd
  4. Pen Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pen Drive: Hi. I always face a question that my pen drive always undetected when I'm triying to transfer files to it. I download video that my teacher sent me on WhatsApp but everytime I try to transfer from my computer to pen drive it will run awhile and after that it says there's some...
  5. Pen Drive

Pen Drive: Hi. I always face a question that my pen drive always undetected when I'm triying to transfer files to it. I download video that my teacher sent me on WhatsApp but everytime I try to transfer from my computer to pen drive it will run awhile and after that it says there's some...
  6. Win won't finish format and diskpart won't recognize any drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win won't finish format and diskpart won't recognize any drive: After formating the pc won't launch. I get this message but if I click ok it loops back to it. I tried opening diskpart with shift f10, but it won't show any driveI tried the chkdsk /f/r/x but nothing happenedAnd now there's no option to select the pendrive boot. I have no...
  7. DiskPart formatting 1 TB external drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DiskPart formatting 1 TB external drive: Proper drive selected, partition created. Running DISKPART> FORMAT FS=NTFS LABEL=BACKUP It's been running for over three hours and still shows only 1% complete. It must be locked up, because I can't imagine that it would take several days to format a 1 TB drive. I'm...
  8. USB wont format using diskpart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB wont format using diskpart: whenever im using diskpart to format a usb it comes up with the followign error: 'DiskPart has encountered an error: The system cannot find the file specified. See the System Event Log for more information.' 136147
  9. how to format my pen drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to format my pen drive: No free space, mbr partition, raw file system. what to do?[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-format-my-pen-drive/e47f7092-0171-48ea-9f77-270a9c03fa99
  10. pen drives

pen drives: My old PC was BIOS. My new one is UEFI but set to legacy by my builder as I am not techy. I have pen drives I used to use with my old BIOS PC. Can I use these sticks as they are simply formatted for storage? How does this affect how I create and use a pen drive? Do I need to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to extand the space by disk script