Windows 10: Formatting usb for music

Discus and support Formatting usb for music in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have windows 10. I have a new 32gb usb flash drive that is windows 10 compatable. I want to load music and play in my car. My car audio system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by khrisshanks, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Formatting usb for music

I have windows 10. I have a new 32gb usb flash drive that is windows 10 compatable. I want to load music and play in my car. My car audio system reads and plays sound files on a flash drive in either MP3, WMA or AAC format. When i try to format my 32GB usp flash drive the only options are NTFS, FAT32 or exfat. How do i find these drives?

:)

khrisshanks, Mar 6, 2019
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Mar 6, 2019
  3. cereberus Win User
    Formatting USB stick/usb hdd issues

Drive has probably failed. Try this.

Run admin command prompt and type

diskpart

list disk

select disk n (n is number of usb drive)

clean (wipes drive - do not select wrong drive!)

create partition primary

select partition 1

format fs=ntfs quick

assign

exit

exit

If any step fails, drive has almost certainly failed.

cereberus, Mar 6, 2019
  4. Formatting usb for music

freebird_9924, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

Formatting usb for music

1. Formatting usb for music - Similar Threads - Formatting usb music

2. Bootable USB format

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bootable USB format: Hello, 1. Is it possible to install windows 10 from an exFAT USB format? 2. Also will NTFS format works for windows installation? If it goes wrong or I can't install, how I format my USB during installation? Those things also make me worried. Greetings...
  3. USB Format

in Windows 10 Customization
    USB Format: My computers is a Dell laptop.Running Windows 10.I'm going to format my drive.I was unable to, in the past.Due to the space, used by C:But know I have, a USB Drive. I need, the installation software.I knew, the Microsoft website.that you could prepare, anything.But also...
  4. Format usb ไม่ได้คับ

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Format usb ไม่ได้คับ: คือตอนแรกผมลงไอตัวที่ให้โหลดเพื่อไปลงวินโดวโหลดมาจากเว็บmicrosoftไว้ในusbของผม พอผมrun โปรแกรมปุ๊มก็ปกติแต่ไปพังตรงที่สุดท้ายมันเขียนประมาณว่าผิดพลาดไรงี้คับภาษาอังกฤษ หลังจากนั้นพอผมจะ formatก็ขึ้นว่า The disk is write protected ผมลองแก้หลายทางแล้วแต่ก็ไม่ได้ผลคับ...
  5. about USB format

about USB format: I want to recognize fat32 format USB on embedded device. In Windows XP and 7, formatting USB and copying files should be fine on embedded devices. But in Windows 8 and 10, if you do the same, the embedded device will not recognize USB. All conditions are the same, the...
  6. Formatted USB Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Formatted USB Drive: I accidentally formatted a pen drive and was wondering is there any way that I can recover data & files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formatted-usb-drive/9646d9c8-a251-44d1-8b1a-4b4132c5e0c1"
  7. format usb

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    format usb: why won't my empty 32 GB USB format how do i know it was formatted said it did but how do i tell https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/format-usb/81697e87-cc7a-4ab6-a13f-9190ecde2c3e
  8. Formating USB drive

Formating USB drive: How can I format a USB memory to 2048 Byte size. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formating-usb-drive/cb81e9aa-877a-4513-a175-81afae642744
  9. format the USB flash

format the USB flash: When I entered my flash, I got massage this USB need to format before its used, when I tried to format, the computer or windows was unable to format please note that my windows is 10...
  10. Groove music downloads - file format?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Groove music downloads - file format?: i have never used Groove for music simply because I have an iPhone so my music management has always been iTunes. But I was curious about groove. One thing I can't find any info for is if you was to buy a music track from groove/Windows store what file format is downloaded?...