Windows 10: Formatting Windos 10, help please!

Discus and support Formatting Windos 10, help please! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I am running Windows 10 home on my HP Pavilion Notebook and due to some problems I wanted to format my Laptop. My question is if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChristianHartmann3, May 10, 2019.

1. Formatting Windos 10, help please!

Hi everyone,

I am running Windows 10 home on my HP Pavilion Notebook and due to some problems I wanted to format my Laptop.

My question is if formatting through "settings - update & security - recovery - restart this PC - delete all" everything everything gets deleted? Someone told me that's not a full restart.

I want to get rid of everything.

The problem is that my CAPS LOCK turns on and off randomly every few seconds and my mouse pad gets stuck... I tried a lot of things and nothing worked out so formatted the laptop as mentioned above and everything was working fine for a few days but than the same error.

(if I connect a external key board the problem still exists, USB mouse works fine)

Thanks in advance for your helpful answers!!

:)

ChristianHartmann3, May 10, 2019
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, May 10, 2019
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, May 10, 2019
  4. Formatting Windos 10, help please!

Format an external Drive.

Hello Roger,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to format the drive you are referring to.

• Right Click on Start menu and select Open Computer Management.

• In the left pane, under Storage, click Disk Management.

• Right-click the volume that you want to format, and then click Format.

• To format the volume with the default settings, in the Format dialog box, click
      OK, and then click OK again.
    Note: You cannot format a disk or partition that is currently in use, including the partition that contains Windows.

Hope it helps.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 10, 2019
Thema:

Formatting Windos 10, help please!

1. Formatting Windos 10, help please! - Similar Threads - Formatting Windos help

2. please help me to update my windeos 7 pc to windoes 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    please help me to update my windeos 7 pc to windoes 10: Split from this thread. plese help me to updat my windeos 7 pc to windoes 10 pc pleses help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-help-me-to-update-my-windeos-7-pc-to/f46e988c-c9a3-4eab-9495-85a4cfd128c5
  3. please help me to update my windeos 7 pc to windoes 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    please help me to update my windeos 7 pc to windoes 10: Split from this thread. plese help me to updat my windeos 7 pc to windoes 10 pc pleses help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-help-me-to-update-my-windeos-7-pc-to/f46e988c-c9a3-4eab-9495-85a4cfd128c5
  4. please help me to update my windeos 7 pc to windoes 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windos 10

windos 10: i had windows ten on my computer when i brought it but i had to replace my motherboard and now my computer has gone to window 8. how came i get windows 10 back as i think it was a free upgrade they did when i drought it. i done seem to have a key code on my tower....
  6. windos 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windos 10: i had windows ten on my computer when i brought it but i had to replace my motherboard and now my computer has gone to window 8. how came i get windows 10 back as i think it was a free upgrade they did when i drought it. i done seem to have a key code on my tower....
  7. Windos 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windos 10: Hi guys Grateful for your advice or help to sort out my little problem. Everything was fine but few days ago I don't really know what happened , every time I switch on my laptop I keep getting the same picture. I tried to remove it but not successful. I will appreciate any...
  8. windos 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windos 10: ms word is free include in windows10 home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windos-10/b0b5e27f-eb8f-45c3-81dd-46a0ee83a241"
  9. Please help me to update my Lumia 430 mobile to windos 10

Please help me to update my Lumia 430 mobile to windos 10: Thank you for solving issue up on app installation from store.i have a request to provide a support to updaye my lumia 430 mobile to windows 10.i can't update using windows 10 advisor and windows insider app.please help me.....
  10. Changing format help please

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing format help please: How do I change the format of my forums? Every single one has changed format since I changed over to WIN10. My WIN7 PC died so I cannot give an example of how it looked before but it was more like a table than a spreadsheet. [img] Lots of thanks in advance *Smile 29542