Windows 10: Formatting windows 10 that originally came with windows 11

Discus and support Formatting windows 10 that originally came with windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Sometime this year I brought a pc that has windows 11 on it but downgraded to windows 10 as i prefer 10 over 11 but the thing is, if I was to format... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mr. Dizz, Nov 29, 2023.

1. Mr. Dizz Win User

Formatting windows 10 that originally came with windows 11

Sometime this year I brought a pc that has windows 11 on it but downgraded to windows 10 as i prefer 10 over 11 but the thing is, if I was to format windows 10 will windows 10 stay and boot back into windows 10 or will it delete windows 10 off the drive?

:)

Mr. Dizz, Nov 29, 2023

2. Windows 10 formatting ?

You got a digital entitlement if you did the upgrade. But you must of had an original windows seven key which will work perfectly fine when upgrading to Windows 10. All you need to do is get that Windows 7 key and use it when you reinstall windows 10 on the new hard drive or formatted hard drive

The windows 10 installation media a.k.a. media creation tool will work perfectly fine for doing the transition. Or if you would like Here on tech power up there are several threads that have links to hosted ISO windows 10 images

So in short regardless of which path you choose to do the install all you need is that original key for windows seven if this is a prebuilt PC you should be able to acquire it with your sticker that stuck somewhere on the PCs back or bottom

Iso link
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10iso/

jboydgolfer, Nov 29, 2023
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 29, 2023
  4. Hitman Win User

Windows 10 formatting ?

Hello all
    I have 3 hard drives
    1 sata 1 tb with Windows 10
    2 older drives that are ide that I use for apps and data and not clutter my main drive.

I will be replacing the 2 older drives with a 2 tb data drive

I am thinking of formatting my main drive and starting all new and reloading everything.

My problem is that I was on Windows 7 pro 64 bit and got Windows 10 pro 64 bit upgrade free.
    So don't have Windows 10 CD or a code for it. So if I format will I be able to get Windows 10 for free
    Or I'll I have to buy the CD.
    Don't really want to spend 200.00 bucks right now.

Have not formatted in a while what's the best way now a days ?

Thanks Ruben

Hitman, Nov 29, 2023
Thema:

1. Formatting windows 10 that originally came with windows 11 - Similar Threads - Formatting originally came

2. Formatting windows 10 that originally came with windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Formatting windows 10 that originally came with windows 11: Sometime this year I brought a pc that has windows 11 on it but downgraded to windows 10 as i prefer 10 over 11 but the thing is, if I was to format windows 10 will windows 10 stay and boot back into windows 10 or will it delete windows 10 off the drive?...
  3. Formatting windows 10 that originally came with windows 11

in Windows 10 Customization
    Formatting windows 10 that originally came with windows 11: Sometime this year I brought a pc that has windows 11 on it but downgraded to windows 10 as i prefer 10 over 11 but the thing is, if I was to format windows 10 will windows 10 stay and boot back into windows 10 or will it delete windows 10 off the drive?...
  4. how to download and install an original copy of windows 11 on a formatted system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to download and install an original copy of windows 11 on a formatted system: And a step by step process or video please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-download-and-install-an-original-copy-of/25f37ce8-a933-48cc-869c-7734895d3bcc
  5. how to download and install an original copy of windows 11 on a formatted system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to download and install an original copy of windows 11 on a formatted system: And a step by step process or video please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-download-and-install-an-original-copy-of/25f37ce8-a933-48cc-869c-7734895d3bcc
  6. How to restore the original Windows 10 that came with ASUS laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore the original Windows 10 that came with ASUS laptop?: Hello there,I bought an used ASUS Zenbook pro 15 and it seems that the copy of Windows 10 system on it is not the one that came originally with the laptop. I knew that since I'm trying to install the ScreenPad 2.0 Upgrade Tool and it's keep giving me an error message that...
  7. How to restore the original Windows 10 that came with ASUS laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore the original Windows 10 that came with ASUS laptop?: Hello there,I bought an used ASUS Zenbook pro 15 and it seems that the copy of Windows 10 system on it is not the one that came originally with the laptop. I knew that since I'm trying to install the ScreenPad 2.0 Upgrade Tool and it's keep giving me an error message that...
  8. How to restore the original Windows 10 that came with ASUS laptop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Get Windows 10 S on an old 2-in-1 that originally came with Windows 10 Home

Get Windows 10 S on an old 2-in-1 that originally came with Windows 10 Home: I have an old RCA Cambio W101 V2 2-in-1 that I bought long before Windows 10 S was released. I use it as a travel computer so I won't have to lug a bulky laptop whenever I go on trips. It came with Windows 10 Home pre-installed. As much as I love this little PC, the biggest...
  10. Installing windows X on laptop that originally came with windows 8

Installing windows X on laptop that originally came with windows 8: Hi, I have a dell xps L322X laptop which came with windows 8. The laptop is too slow now even with SSD installed. Below the laptop is a metal flap saying windows 8 but with no windows key like older laptops. It has a serial number of the hardware. The laptop is now windows x...