Windows 10: Former User path still holds all files in Windows 10

Discus and support Former User path still holds all files in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; On my work Windows 10 PC, all files are saved under the former user's path. Even my personal Onedrive is showing as being saved in this path. The user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by W. Meriwether1, May 23, 2023.

1. Former User path still holds all files in Windows 10

On my work Windows 10 PC, all files are saved under the former user's path. Even my personal Onedrive is showing as being saved in this path. The user has been deleted in "other users". How do I move everything to be in my own path and permanently remove this former user?

:)

W. Meriwether1, May 23, 2023
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 23, 2023
  3. slozomby Win User
    Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, May 23, 2023
  4. Former User path still holds all files in Windows 10

Add a path to $PATH?

what exactly do you need to decipher about that path line? also, what are you installing? perhaps i can help.

Easy Rhino, May 23, 2023
Thema:

Former User path still holds all files in Windows 10

1. Former User path still holds all files in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Former User path

2. Windows search is still showing the path of folders of deleted Renamed or deleted user...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows search is still showing the path of folders of deleted Renamed or deleted user...: I have had installed a SSD to my laptop and the problem is that the person who installed this new SSD changed the permission of security or ownership to SSD from HDD and changed the profile in HDD from "91995" to "main" and copied the data i guess and now in windows search...
  3. Windows search is still showing the path of folders of deleted Renamed or deleted user...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows search is still showing the path of folders of deleted Renamed or deleted user...: I have had installed a SSD to my laptop and the problem is that the person who installed this new SSD changed the permission of security or ownership to SSD from HDD and changed the profile in HDD from "91995" to "main" and copied the data i guess and now in windows search...
  4. Windows search is still showing the path of folders of deleted Renamed or deleted user...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Former User path still holds all files in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Former User path still holds all files in Windows 10: On my work Windows 10 PC, all files are saved under the former user's path. Even my personal Onedrive is showing as being saved in this path. The user has been deleted in "other users". How do I move everything to be in my own path and permanently remove this former user?...
  6. Former User path still holds all files in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Former User path still holds all files in Windows 10: On my work Windows 10 PC, all files are saved under the former user's path. Even my personal Onedrive is showing as being saved in this path. The user has been deleted in "other users". How do I move everything to be in my own path and permanently remove this former user?...
  7. changed user account but all defaults paths still lead to the old one

in Windows 10 Customization
    changed user account but all defaults paths still lead to the old one: When setting up a new laptop, Windows automatically created a user account for me and gave it a name that I don't want at all. It never asked me for a name. It just took part of my email address without asking. Now I am stuck with every path of my computer having this silly...
  8. user files are accessible to all users

user files are accessible to all users: I am setting up a new computer. I am set up as administrator local account and I have added my kids as Other users local account-not administrator. I do not want to set them up as a Microsoft accounts. The new computer has one small hard drive for storing the operating...
  9. Updated to 1903 but 'user'.000 now created and holds all my user files

Updated to 1903 but 'user'.000 now created and holds all my user files: Hi, as per the title. All my pre-update User files are now in a folder with ".000" added to the name. I've already run into problems with programs using the non .000 path e.g. Dropbox. Is there an easy fix for this?...
  10. File long path in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    File long path in Windows 10: I had a Windows 10 installation with some folders full of documents, I reinstalled the system and went to copy my backup documents back in place, but now I get a filepath length error. I use Home Edition, so I tried a few registry hacks from here and here, without success,...