Windows 10: Fortnite not running on Windows 10 PC with DX12

Discus and support Fortnite not running on Windows 10 PC with DX12 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So i bought this prebuilt PC with windows 10 on it... i tried to run fortnite on it but it said "DX11 feature level 10.0 needed to run the game". I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by akshitnarayan, May 4, 2019.

1. Fortnite not running on Windows 10 PC with DX12

So i bought this prebuilt PC with windows 10 on it... i tried to run fortnite on it but it said "DX11 feature level 10.0 needed to run the game". I dont have a GPU and yes i have tried updating my Display adapters and they are up to date... how do i get DX11 on my pc instead of DX12?

:)

akshitnarayan, May 4, 2019
  2. JRTHEMAN Win User

DX12 Downgrading

So Im trying to play Fortnite on mt PC...I have DX12...It requires DX11...The game doesn't support DX12 features...So I spoke with Someone from Microsoft support and told me a way to do it is resulting in wiping my whole PC...but i don't want to wipe it........CAN
    SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JRTHEMAN, May 4, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 4, 2019
  4. sygnus21 Win User

Fortnite not running on Windows 10 PC with DX12

F1 2017 dx11 vs dx12

@Burgurne,

If the game is only DX11, then even if you have a DX12 GPU (video card), and a DX12 OS (Windows 10), the game will only run is DX11 as that the mode the game was designed to run in. In order to run in DX12 mode you need 3 things....

• Game must be a DX12 title
    • GPU must be DX12 capable
    • OS must support DX12
    If any of those things at missing, the game will run in the lowest DX mode available to the lowest item. In your case it appears the game is only DX11 capable, so your DX mode will be 11. Also be aware that the DX API is backwards compatible, which means DX12 can play older DX games - 8 - 11 for example. That even though the OS is DX12 capable, doesn't mean a DX9 title is automatically elevated to DX12.

Here's a list of DX12 supported games - List of games with DirectX 12 support - Wikipedia.

Hope that answers your question.

BTW What is the game title in question?

sygnus21, May 4, 2019
Thema:

Fortnite not running on Windows 10 PC with DX12

1. Fortnite not running on Windows 10 PC with DX12 - Similar Threads - Fortnite running DX12

2. Dx12

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dx12: HI... I am having A Pentium G4560 and Gpu Gt 1030 Running with Windows 10 . Now when I disable My Internal Gpu and use My Gt 1030 I can play games with no lag, Issue starts when I wanna stream or record My game The Gt 1030 doesn't have any encoder And hence I have to enable...
  3. fortnite for PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fortnite for PC: I am trying to download a pc version of fortnite for my son. How can I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fortnite-for-pc/0b9e2be7-afd7-4685-83a2-7c57af745b8e
  4. Pc crashes while launching Fortnite

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc crashes while launching Fortnite: Ever since the new build 18290 update, each time I try to launch fortnite, my system gives me a green screen. I have looked into the cause of it and found out that it was the BattleEye anti-cheat program causing it. While I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the said...
  5. pc running windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    pc running windows 10: I have a pc running windows 10 and a WD external 2TB External HD i had toy format the HD to FAT 32 so i can put films on it to play on my Sony TV but problem is my pc (running windows 10) will NOT let me use the full TB on my HD it let me put 1 film on about 500 mg then when...
  6. Fortnite

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fortnite: When I try to launch Fortnite it tells me "DX11 feature level 10.0 is required to run the engine" I don't know how to fix that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/fortnite/b26b782b-2f67-44e6-b8f9-10333a823941
  7. fortnite

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    fortnite: fortnite unsupported os https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/fortnite/7ad2341e-ae5c-4edd-93ff-87fd0fb57539
  8. DX12 - DX11

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DX12 - DX11: Hello, I have a Windows 10 64Bit with a DirectX12 GPU (Geforce GTX 1060 6GB). When I try to run the game "Crysis3", I get an error report saying that I need DirectX 11 to run the game. How can I solve this?...
  9. Is DX12 working correctly..?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is DX12 working correctly..?: .. is DX12 working correctly? - one would have assumed backwards-compatibility, as with earlier versions.. (?) 4782
  10. PC will not run Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC will not run Windows 10: I have a pc running windows 8.1 pro and I want to upgrade to windows 10, but when I use "Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant" it says that my PC will not run windows 10. My CPU is OK, my Memory is OK, my Disk Space is OK, but the Operating System is not OK. It says "Contact your...