Windows 10: Fortnite settings not saving; keep resetting on PC

Discus and support Fortnite settings not saving; keep resetting on PC in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]This post features different solutions if Fortnite is not saving game settings in Windows 11/10. Developed by Epic Games, Fortnite is a popular... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 5, 2022.

1. WinClub New Member

Fortnite settings not saving; keep resetting on PC

Fortnite settings not saving; keep resetting on PC Fix-Fortnite-not-saving-game-settings-in-Windows-e1650730787817.png
    This post features different solutions if Fortnite is not saving game settings in Windows 11/10. Developed by Epic Games, Fortnite is a popular online multiplayer game available for Windows PC. The game features unique graphics, sound, and control settings that you won’t find in any other Battle Royale. But like any other game, Fortnite isn’t […]

This article Fortnite settings not saving; keep resetting on PC first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 5, 2022
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, May 5, 2022
  3. Save files before resetting to factory settings

Hi Camille, my name is Max and I'm an independent advisor.

I suggest you follow the steps:

Advanced Options - Automatic Repair screen - Command Prompt. Type there ‘notepad.exe’.

Notepad window –click on File. Open to locate the files that you’d like to copy to the USB.

Plug in the USB device to the USB port. Copy the files and folders that you want to save. Paste them in a new folder on the USB drive. Safe you the files you need repeating the above steps.

Once done, proceed with resetting your PC to factory settings.

NighthawkX, May 5, 2022
  4. Fortnite settings not saving; keep resetting on PC

PC is stuck on boot screen. How do I save my files and then rest my pc to factory settings?

Hi NyJam22,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Please follow these steps to save the files on the PC before you reset the PC to Factory Settings:

1. From Advanced Options from the Automatic Repair screen that you see, go to Command Prompt and type ‘notepad.exe’.
    2. From the Notepad window, press File and open to locate the files that you want to copy to the USB.
    3. Plug in the USB device to the USB port. Now copy the files and folders that you want to save and paste it in a new folder on the USB drive. Please repeat the file saving steps as needed to save all the desired files.
    Once this is done you can now proceed with the Reset of the PC to Factory Settings.

Please reply to us with the results to help you further,

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, May 5, 2022
Thema:

Fortnite settings not saving; keep resetting on PC

1. Fortnite settings not saving; keep resetting on PC - Similar Threads - Fortnite settings saving

2. xbox to pc fortnite

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox to pc fortnite: i have my crewpass for fortnite. i originally signed up on xbox. i now play on pc. the accounts are linked. why can i not see the crew pass now? it is paid https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-to-pc-fortnite/c6d7edc4-ac5e-45b9-aba9-13814567ed19
  3. xbox to pc fortnite

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    xbox to pc fortnite: i have my crewpass for fortnite. i originally signed up on xbox. i now play on pc. the accounts are linked. why can i not see the crew pass now? it is paid https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-to-pc-fortnite/c6d7edc4-ac5e-45b9-aba9-13814567ed19
  4. Battlefield 2042 Settings keep resetting and not saving

in Windows 10 News
    Battlefield 2042 Settings keep resetting and not saving: [ATTACH]Battlefield 2042 is one game that’s filled with a lot of errors. The game is being played and loved by many, however, this can not hide the fact that a big chunk of those players and lovers get unhappy from time to time because of random issues. As of late, a lot of...
  5. Fix Fortnite keeps crashing or freezing on Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Fortnite keeps crashing or freezing on Windows PC: [ATTACH]Does Fortnite keep crashing or freezing on your Windows 11/1 PC? If so, the suggestions mentioned in this post may help you fix it. Many gamers have experienced this problem while launching or playing Fortnite. Before purchasing or installing a game, it is suggested...
  6. fortnite on pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fortnite on pc: hi sons just got a gaming pc for xmas, wondering if anyone can help me how he can download and play fornite on it? thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fortnite-on-pc/4793d98d-c13b-420b-8178-f63655d0c6ec
  7. Power Settings keep resetting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power Settings keep resetting: I made this PC a while ago and it keeps having this annoying problem. Whenever i put the PC to sleep or restart it the power settings keep resetting to the AMD Balanced Plan, and even if i change, swap or do anything with that plan it will always revert to its defaults,...
  8. Cleartype settings keep on resetting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cleartype settings keep on resetting: I am unable to change the default clear type settings. I change the setting an finish the process, the window closes but there are no changes in the text view. The setting reset to the default values everytime I click on finish......
  9. MPC-BE settings keep resetting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MPC-BE settings keep resetting: i use MPC-BE version 1.5.3 Build 4428 Beta and is there a way to keep it from resetting settings as i use it to watch movies and other videos on it. 127516
  10. fortnite for PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fortnite for PC: I am trying to download a pc version of fortnite for my son. How can I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fortnite-for-pc/0b9e2be7-afd7-4685-83a2-7c57af745b8e