Windows 10: Forum categorisation question

Discus and support Forum categorisation question in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, is there a way to remove a thread start from one section of this forum and put it in another one please. I've started a thread but now I realise... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Stuge, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Stuge Win User

Forum categorisation question

Hello, is there a way to remove a thread start from one section of this forum and put it in another one please. I've started a thread but now I realise its in the wrong category. Thanks, Stuart

:)

Stuge, Feb 1, 2021

2. how to ask questions in microsoft forum

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

Please share these details.

• What is the exact issue you are facing with windows?

I would request you to provide us the proper description of the issue so that we can help you in best possible way.

As your question does not contain all the required information needed for us to help you.

I suggest you to Refer the link on how to ask questions or help on Forums.

Suggestions for asking a question on help forums:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

Kindly post back with the updated information of the issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Feb 1, 2021
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Forum upgrade complete

Hey W1z, any comment on alternating row colors to make things easier to read in the thread lists?

Like this:

Forum categorisation question suggestion-png.png

newtekie1, Feb 1, 2021
  4. TBCSG Win User

Cannot sync notes after categorising notes items on Outlook on Windows Vista Home Premium

The paragraph and the sentence in my post is exact extract of the manual of HTC PDA (obviously must have come from Microsoft as the software is part of Windows Mobile Professiona):

"You can also categorize data by moving it into different directories."

The meaning is clear even though the word 'categorize' on the PDA may not be used in the same way as the word 'categorise' on Outlook. The implementation may differ, but sync don't hang when notes items (categorised on Outlook on Win XP) is sychronised with
    filed notes item on HTC PDA. But it hangs on Win Vista - that is the point.

The notes items sync but not the categories. So agree with you that the categories does not sync. I am fully aware of this and for a long time. But no problem, as the name of the file folder of notes items allow me to manually categorise items in Outlook.
    So, the point I raised in my question and my replies is not about synchronising categories on Outlook with the grouping by folders on PDA. The point is that sync hang on Win Vista.

So, definitely not true that I don't have the option to group notes items on Notes app when I have been using this feature for years and even now.

This is my real experience - I did not buy and do not have to use 3rd party software to use notes on the two HTC PDAs.

The issue remains that if I categorise notes item on Outlook on Win Vista, sync software can hang.

Have taken your suggestion and posted a suggestion on the suggestion box of Window Mobile forum on future releases of Windows Mobile. Attempt to nicely word the suggestion. Thanks.

TBCSG, Feb 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Forum categorisation question - Similar Threads - Forum categorisation question

2. How to post a question in the gmail community forum

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to post a question in the gmail community forum: I need to take my PC into Best Buy for repairs, so for a whlle I'll need to post questions about gmail at that forum,. This is the proverbial catch-22, Task ask A requires task B which requires Task A, which requires...Thanks for your help.Phillip aka SweetTasha...
  3. How to post a question in the gmail community forum

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to post a question in the gmail community forum: I need to take my PC into Best Buy for repairs, so for a whlle I'll need to post questions about gmail at that forum,. This is the proverbial catch-22, Task ask A requires task B which requires Task A, which requires...Thanks for your help.Phillip aka SweetTasha...
  4. where is my last question on this forum

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where is my last question on this forum: I posted a question or two on my last visit to this site maybe a year a go. Rather than start over I would like to go back to those questions. Is there some way to find it or should I start again?...
  5. where is my last question on this forum

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    where is my last question on this forum: I posted a question or two on my last visit to this site maybe a year a go. Rather than start over I would like to go back to those questions. Is there some way to find it or should I start again?...
  6. where is my last question on this forum

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. I can't type a question in this forum

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't type a question in this forum: I can write about 2 lines then it won't let me continue although I see others who have written several lines in a question. What is the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-type-a-question-in-this-forum/d0b239a7-98b0-4679-9b7d-d401e658dd71
  8. A question or two for the forum ( community ) and a comment or two.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A question or two for the forum ( community ) and a comment or two.: The last time I came here I was unaware of the decorum of this group; however, Richard said I did ok and was welcome back. I thank him for his advice and input. Again I apologize to Greg C. for not knowing and I am thankful for the help he gave me. The things you guys do...
  9. 2 questions hope this is the right forum

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2 questions hope this is the right forum: In my event manager, what do these mean and can they be fixed?THANKS!!! The server could not bind to the transport \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{E1E47DE5-E3C7-4923-AADA-8FD3E34A7914} because another computer on the network has the same name. The server could not start.The name...
  10. This question is about inserting images in this forum?

in Windows 10 Support
    This question is about inserting images in this forum?: Hi I'd like to know how I insert an image in my posts without it repeating the image below the main body of the post. It seem that every time I post an image I end up with is appearing twice, I've messed around with it but when I try and remove the attachment the...