Windows 10: Forum Improvement ( Have the users provide needed info for each category)

Discus and support Forum Improvement ( Have the users provide needed info for each category) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Question form when opened should ask user to provide information to help resolve their questions / issues. Provide links in question that would explain... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Larryh272, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Larryh272 Win User

Forum Improvement ( Have the users provide needed info for each category)

Question form when opened should ask user to provide information to help resolve their questions / issues. Provide links in question that would explain how to get the required info for all Windows operating systems. Info provided along with problem description and resolution could be used to build a database that a good SAS programmer can use to provide stats and trends. What works - what doesn't.

Example

System: ASUS
    Type: Laptop
    Processor: Intel i7 - 3630 QM
    Installed Ram: 16 mb

Windows Edition: Windows 10 Pr
    Version: 1809
    Install Date: 10/3/2018
    OS Build: 17763.55

Right click Windows Icon or Windows key and select System to get info above.

Home Network: Netgear r7000 router

:)

Larryh272, Oct 25, 2018
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Oct 25, 2018
  3. Audio - Thread moved to a more appropriate forum category.

Hello,

To resolve your audio issue, follow the troubleshooting steps listed below:

Method 1:

• On the right hand pane of the Task bar, right click the
      speaker
      icon.
    • Click Troubleshoot sound problems.
    • Follow the prompts, and check if there will be an issue detected.
    Method 2:

• On the right hand pane of the Task bar, right click the
      speaker
      icon.
    • Click Playback devices.
    • On the pop-up window, under Playback tab, select the speaker that is having the issue.
    • Click Properties.
    • Another window will pop-up. Under Device usage, check if the speakers are enabled (Click the drop down and make sure that Use this device (enable) is selected).
    • Click Apply, and click OK.
    • Reboot your PC.
    For more troubleshooting steps about audio issue, refer to this
    link

Let us know if it works.

Thank you.

*** Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category. ***

I moved your post to a more appropriate forum category. This is to help other community members understand your concern better.

It is now under Hardware & drivers.

Kenneth Mon, Oct 25, 2018
  4. theonedub Win User

GPUz Incorrect Info GF117

I've got the GT620M in a Zenbook and the newest version of GPUz has it listed as a 40nm part whereas all other info on the web suggests its 28nm. Can you investigate, W1z?

Thanks

theonedub, Oct 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Forum Improvement ( Have the users provide needed info for each category) - Similar Threads - Forum Improvement users

2. Does Each User Have Their Own OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Does Each User Have Their Own OneDrive?: I'm the only person who uses my PC. However, since I was still figuring things out, I ended up creating a user account for Windows. However, I usually access it as an admin for which I sign in with my email.I recently noticed that if I go to This PC -> WindowsC: ->Users ->...
  3. Does Each User Have Their Own OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Each User Have Their Own OneDrive?: I'm the only person who uses my PC. However, since I was still figuring things out, I ended up creating a user account for Windows. However, I usually access it as an admin for which I sign in with my email.I recently noticed that if I go to This PC -> WindowsC: ->Users ->...
  4. Does Each User Have Their Own OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. chrome forum won't help. The category is not here.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    chrome forum won't help. The category is not here.: Does anyone here know how to get rid of the purple. orange or yellow higlighting that chrome puts on text after one does a search. There used to be a flag that said something like scroll to text fragment or highlighting, something like that but i can't find it anymoreI know...
  6. chrome forum won't help. The category is not here.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    chrome forum won't help. The category is not here.: Does anyone here know how to get rid of the purple. orange or yellow higlighting that chrome puts on text after one does a search. There used to be a flag that said something like scroll to text fragment or highlighting, something like that but i can't find it anymoreI know...
  7. chrome forum won't help. The category is not here.

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. User info

in Windows 10 Customization
    User info: Why there are three different users, I am the only user. all accounts show the same email address.Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-info/6b821cc8-f27b-4cdf-9822-aa31f4301ccf
  9. Thank you for providing this good forum

in Windows 10 Support
    Thank you for providing this good forum: I searched your forum from Google. Because the forced update of Windows 10 is annoying. Every after a few months Mandatory update. No other website can find an effective method. Finally found an effective method in your forum. Thank you for providing this good forum....
  10. Is this forum user friendly??????????

in Windows 10 Support
    Is this forum user friendly??????????: Hi, I am a new member and yesterday I made my first post. 1) It was supposed to be posted in "Installation & Maintenance" but for some reason found it's way into "Performance & Maintenance" ?????????? LOOK FOR: Windows 10-1803 "corrupted files & sfc /scannow malfunction" 2)...