Windows 10: Forum problem - IE11 has stopped working

Discus and support Forum problem - IE11 has stopped working in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi there. On W8.1 Enterprise X-64 (Host machine) with latest updates applied I'm getting IE 11 has stopped working messages whenever I click a Link... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jimbo45, Sep 30, 2014.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Forum problem - IE11 has stopped working

Hi there.

On W8.1 Enterprise X-64 (Host machine) with latest updates applied I'm getting IE 11 has stopped working messages whenever I click a Link in members posts. Chrome though works just fine and so does a VM windows 8.1 where I haven't applied the latest update.

It happens about 90% of the time when I click on a link - doesn't matter what the link is.

No viruses (AFAIK) on the machine.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Sep 30, 2014
  2. Curly36HG Win User

Printer problem "FDPrint.DLL has stopped working".

I am also getting this now I have upgraded to Windows 10. The exact message is "Function Discovery Print Provider Dll has stopped working". It happens when I am using the Ink Cartridge Replacement facility in Printing Preferences. My carriage holding
    the ink cartridges stopped moving to the open space automatically when the printer door is opened a long time ago. I need to use this facility in order to change cartridges. Everything else is working fine. It tells me that Windows will close the programme
    and notify me if a solution is available. I need to replace my black cartridge. I have tried troubleshooting as you have suggested above. Windows 10 has obviously messed something up with the driver. Please help. Thank you

Curly36HG, Sep 30, 2014
  3. Printer problem "FDPrint.DLL has stopped working".

I am getting the message "Function Discovery Print Provider DLL has stopped working". I have been able to print a test page, but when I try to print a large document the printer just does not work. How can I solve this problem If it is a DLL file causing
    it.

rowanthree, Sep 30, 2014
  4. z3r010 Win User

Just tried in IE11 on 8.1 and everything is working fine for me, is anybody else having any issues?

z3r010, Sep 30, 2014
  5. Golden Win User
    No...works fine for me. No problem. W8.1 + IE11.

Golden, Sep 30, 2014
  6. blueelvis Win User
    I am seeing the forum sections as Zoomed or you can say as bigger headings. Please do not think that I have zoomed it.

blueelvis, Sep 30, 2014
  7. LittleJay Win User
    I am also using IE11 on 8.1 and am having no problems.

LittleJay, Sep 30, 2014
  8. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

I've undid the latest updates and re-applied

Now it's working properly. Perhaps I didn't do the update properly.

Thanks.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Forum problem - IE11 has stopped working - Similar Threads - Forum problem IE11

2. _______ has stopped working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    _______ has stopped working.: So for the past few weeks, I have seemed to lose more and more functionality of my computer. I use a full-sized desktop, and recently more and more, I would open an application and all except a small minority would close after a few seconds of being open if that. I've...
  3. Setup/Uninstall has stopped working A problem caused the program to stop working...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setup/Uninstall has stopped working A problem caused the program to stop working...: Please help me fix this problem... Setup/Uninstall has stopped working A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. i am installing Call of duty modern warfare 2 then this...
  4. IE11 has disappeared.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    IE11 has disappeared.: I E 11 has disappeared from my desk top PC Nothing I do will reinstall it It does not show up anywhere. Can anyone please advise? Thanks * Original title: IE11...
  5. Technical Problems With This Forum?

in Windows 10 Support
    Technical Problems With This Forum?: I've been trying all day to reply to a topic I started in the Network & Sharing subforum. I've tried 3 different browsers and 2 different computers. Most of the time it will display the correct address - tenforums.com/network-sharing, but then before the page can display it...
  6. Videos on Forums Suddenly Show As Black Box Only, Windows 10, IE11?

in Browsers and Email
    Videos on Forums Suddenly Show As Black Box Only, Windows 10, IE11?: Today I noticed I can't see any youtube videos that were posted on any forums using IE11 on my Windows 10 computer. This has never been a problem in the past and I wonder what caused the change and if anyone knows how to fix it. If I use the Edge browser, I can see them...
  7. IE11 Jump List not working

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 Jump List not working: Anyone having issues with IE11 jump list. I have IE pinned and normally right clicking it brings up a jump list but it's not doing anything now. I tried it in the start menu and get the same problem. I can launch it and use it just fine other than this. I checked reliability...
  8. IE11 opens, will not work

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 opens, will not work: Open IE 11 in Win 10, get this msg; This page is accessing information that is not under its control. This posses a security risk. Do you want to continue? I deactivated it, reactivated, and shut down security, reduced to lowest lvl, but still get the same issues....
  9. IE11 Not working in Build 10074

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 Not working in Build 10074: Hello! I recently updated to build 10074 and IE11 will not launch at all! It is set as my default browser. Spartan (Edge) is working just fine...but I dont want to use it just yet as it doesnt store cookies and autofills logins. (among other reasons) Chrome opens just fine...
  10. IE11 Problem...

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 Problem...: OK, here's a strange one: Upgrade my wife's machine from 7 to 10. Upgrade seems to go perfectly. Enable Administrator account (because we ALL log in as administrator around here, it's just easier) and all her settings, etc. are there... ...EXCEPT, when I run IE11, the...