Windows 10: Forum site all garbled with Edge?

Discus and support Forum site all garbled with Edge? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hey gang, I have run into a problem with one of the forum sites I subscribe to. All Forums It is only this specific forum site I am having the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by dburne, Aug 22, 2017.

1. dburne Win User

Forum site all garbled with Edge?

Hey gang,

I have run into a problem with one of the forum sites I subscribe to.
    All Forums

It is only this specific forum site I am having the issue with. All other forum sites I subscribe to are fine, along with any other website as well. In fact the EVGA home site is fine, just their forums site is messed up for me. It has been like this for several days. At first I thought they might be having a problem, but after checking around it appears not. I can see enough to tell forum activity is still going on there, but the formatting is so messed up for me I can not really participate in it.

I tried going into Edge settings, and checked to clear everything that was listed in there, but that did not help.
    Below is a screenshot of what I am seeing. Any tips would certainly be appreciated!

Forum site all garbled with Edge? [​IMG]

:)

dburne, Aug 22, 2017
  2. mssDK Win User
    mssDK, Aug 22, 2017
  3. Jo Fosse Win User
    IE in windows 10 is all garbled and no colors, what happened?

Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 10, pages are all garbled and I cannot navigate anything, what is the solution, if any? This is very frustrating, as I was in the middle of something and that too is garbled. What to do, help please!!!!

Jo Fosse, Aug 22, 2017
  4. dburne Win User

Ok strangely enough this evening it seems to have sorted itself out.

dburne, Aug 23, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    It was garbled because although you had connected to the site and downloaded the raw html for the page, you weren't getting the accompanying css style sheet that provides the formatting and layout.

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Forum site all garbled with Edge? - Similar Threads - Forum site garbled

2. Garbled text

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Garbled text: In emails or texts, the text appears garbled, or the words do not form completely. This happens in receiving messages, also on FB and other applications. It does NOT happen when composing a message. I'm using Windows 10. Thanks...
  3. Garbled text in Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Garbled text in Windows: Noticed this garbled text a couple of days back in certain parts of Windows. Why is this happening and how can I fix it? Please check the attached screenshot. [ATTACH]...
  4. Firefox will not work on this site, but Edge does.

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox will not work on this site, but Edge does.: Firefox is my preferred browser, and I have the latest version/update. Problem is that it will not show me threads on this site. I can see the thread listings, but when I go to read a thread, I get nothing but blank space where the messages should be. The avatars and user...
  5. Edges' Top Sites won't stick!

in Browsers and Email
    Edges' Top Sites won't stick!: Monday morning (5/15/2017), after MS updated prior to shutdown, my computer would not boot up come morning. I could only access boot options via F12 (long story) did a restore via back-up stored on an external Hdd. After got back up & running, the Top Sites icons in Edge...
  6. Edge compatibility with certain sites

in Browsers and Email
    Edge compatibility with certain sites: I've found two sites (so far) that have scrolling compatibility issues with Edge. Musician's Friend: Musical Instruments Store is one and the other is the Cakewalk/Sonar forum Cakewalk Forums In either site, I can scroll (vertically) through front pages without problems....
  7. Is Edge Easily Hijacked by Malicious Sites?

in Browsers and Email
    Is Edge Easily Hijacked by Malicious Sites?: My impression of Edge is that it is easily hijacked by malicious sites. You know what I am talking about: it's the sites that say your computer is infected and you need to call some number, and Edge never lets you stop the popups to get out of the site (despite the Block...
  8. Microsoft Edge Top Sites

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Top Sites: I have a bit of a problem, in the Edge address bar are top sites that you have visited. I need to know how to turn that feature off for privacy reasons. Sure its helpful and saves you typing if you go to that particular website very often but what if you let someone use your...
  9. Installing site certificate using Edge?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Installing site certificate using Edge?: I have a NAS which gives a certificate which is not trusted and has to be added to the trusted certificate store. This is simple using Internet explorer but I can't find the way to do this using Edge. Can anyone help? 32584
  10. Garbled Registry Entries

in Windows 10 Support
    Garbled Registry Entries: Hello, Was looking at registry to make a backup of some entries and saw the following garbled entries. Was wondering what this was all about. Recently, my machine, after latest windows updates, has been having issues waking up after Hibernate. This issue seemed to be...