Windows 10: Forward slash "/" in printer driver name and sharing

Discus and support Forward slash "/" in printer driver name and sharing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This is to inform Microsoft that "names" of any printer driver for windows 10 should not include forward slash "/". Including forward slash "/" in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AbdullaAbdulRasool, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Forward slash "/" in printer driver name and sharing

This is to inform Microsoft that "names" of any printer driver for windows 10 should not include forward slash "/".

Including forward slash "/" in the printer driver "name" will cause issues at sharing time from other PCs.

Sharing will not possible because windows will think you trying to login to the host PC/server with a new user.

I resolved that issue by changing the driver name.

:)

AbdullaAbdulRasool, Sep 5, 2020
  2. JeffD-64 Win User

Network shared printers

We are seeing our shared network printers only show by the driver name on windows 10 (2004). This is not happening to all users on this version and between two accounts one shows some share names with mostly driver named printers. The other account does
    not show any shared printer names and all printers are listed by the driver installed. We use Canon, HP and have one brother printer shared and manufacturer does not appear to matter. I can remove all devices and add back with the share name but this will
    eventually revert back to driver names. Has anyone experienced this and is there a fix? We cannot move forward with any updated to Win 10 until we have this resolved.

thank you

JeffD-64, Sep 5, 2020
  3. Forward Slash

Im going to lose my mind, I can not stand this keyboard....top row 3 button has a forward slash, and I see another forward slash as well on the last row, bottom right next to the CAPS button, but neither one works....Ive tried switching from English Canadian
    to English United States...still doesnèt work...way too many icons for each key. What to do, if the question markÉÉÉÉ

NancyFavaro, Sep 5, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Forward slash "/" in printer driver name and sharing

Can't share printer—getting error message

Step 1: Go to store.
    Step 2: Buy a less shitty printer.
    Step 3: Pick up some beer while you are there.
    Step 4: Enjoy both your new printer and your beer.

In all seriousness, I have had more issues with Lexmark printers and their shitty drivers then any other manufacturer, HP is a close second though.

However, if you don't want to get a new printer*Laugh :laugh:, and I can understand that, when my Lexmark was giving me the same troubles in Win7(and Vista) I had to make sure the Windows firewall was ON and the firewall service was enabled and running. After I shared it I could re-disable the firewall and firewall services.

newtekie1, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

Forward slash "/" in printer driver name and sharing

1. Forward slash "/" in printer driver name and sharing - Similar Threads - Forward slash printer

2. Forward Slash Doesn't Work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forward Slash Doesn't Work: I have used different keyboards, and my PC doesn't detect forward slash "/"Pressing shift and clicking lets me type the question mark "?"Even the On-Screen-Keyboard also doesn't input "/"The keyboards work fine on other PCs but not this PC.I have updated drivers and even...
  3. Forward Slash Doesn't Work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forward Slash Doesn't Work: I have used different keyboards, and my PC doesn't detect forward slash "/"Pressing shift and clicking lets me type the question mark "?"Even the On-Screen-Keyboard also doesn't input "/"The keyboards work fine on other PCs but not this PC.I have updated drivers and even...
  4. Shared Printer Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shared Printer Drivers: I have a few Windows XP SP3. They all have no problem printing to shared network printers hosted on Server 2003 R2 until about 2 weeks ago. I have not touched XP and Server 2003 for so many years. No changes were done on both XP and 2003. They all work fine until now.When I...
  5. Shared Printer Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shared Printer Drivers: I have a few Windows XP SP3. They all have no problem printing to shared network printers hosted on Server 2003 R2 until about 2 weeks ago. I have not touched XP and Server 2003 for so many years. No changes were done on both XP and 2003. They all work fine until now.When I...
  6. Forward slashes keep typing on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Forward slashes keep typing on its own: For some reason my computer won’t stop typing forward slashes on its own. I have switched keyboards and mouses, is there something else I can do to stop this? I have to use my phone to write this because I am unable to type anything when I try it’s just ///////////////....
  7. Keyboard keeps pressing forward slash /

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard keeps pressing forward slash /: Yesterday I had some problems with my keyboard it literally went crazy, pressing random letters and then it stopped working, but after I had googled the problem and restarted the laptop a few times, it seemed like the problem has been solved. However, today, if I tried typing...
  8. Displayed shared printer names

Displayed shared printer names: Hello, I have a problem with shared network printer. We have one Ricoh IM C4500 printer and I made different shared printers each with a specific configuration to choose from when you want to print: Size A4 of A3, black or color print... I made 6 shared printers on my...
  9. Forward Slash

Forward Slash: Im going to lose my mind, I can not stand this keyboard....top row 3 button has a forward slash, and I see another forward slash as well on the last row, bottom right next to the CAPS button, but neither one works....Ive tried switching from English Canadian to English...
  10. Typing screen fills up with forward slashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Typing screen fills up with forward slashes: Whenever I open any program that include/s a typing window, I hear a soft ring, followed by the typing window filling up with forward slashes. ///////////////////////// If I do nothing, the slashes continue filling the area ad infinitum. ///////etc.. What can I do to stop...