Windows 10: Forward slash, question mark, quotes keys not working in Windows 10

Discus and support Forward slash, question mark, quotes keys not working in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Received my new Lenovo Ideapad 520 laptop and started it. I see that the keys corresponding to slash & quotation are not working. Even their shift... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Madhu Pulimi, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Forward slash, question mark, quotes keys not working in Windows 10

Received my new Lenovo Ideapad 520 laptop and started it. I see that the keys corresponding to slash & quotation are not working. Even their shift version symbols question mark and double quotes are not working. Backward slash and other keys are working fine.

1. I tried the On-Screen keyboard from Ease of Access - the problematic symbol keys work fine in that

2. I booted the system in Safe mode and checked. The problematic keys are not working there also.

Whether I did any recent software updates - Its a new laptop and I didn't notice. Once I connected to internet, OS recommended that the system is in danger and that some updates need to be installed and I just followed.

I do not have any other OS to try out.

Does this mean I have a faulty keypad and needs hardware replacement ? Please advise.

Thanks,

Madhu

:)

Madhu Pulimi, Feb 2, 2020
  2. karsix Win User

My forward slash key doesn't work, however the question mark button does

Notes
    • Question mark does work
    • Forward slash does work when I'm in the windows startup entering my password
    • Forward slash does not do anything, nor does it print another symbol or letter
    • My language is English (United States)
    • My keyboard is US- QWERTY and I have also tried US- International, both of which did not produce any results
    • I have not set up speech recognition
    • All my drivers for my keyboard are updated
    • I tried to remap the front slash to another key and it didn't work, nothing would print when I pressed the key
    I know the problem is not hardware related, but I am at a loss of what to do here. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

karsix, Feb 2, 2020
  3. No Question mark or forward slash

Trouble started about a week ago. I can't use my question mark of which I need for some passwords and also the forward slash mark doesn't show either all I get is the star ********** or asteric

I have a Toshiba laptop Sat.C55-A5300 it is about 5 years old, I have tried to fix or repair with pop ups. And somebody suggested I uninstall Office word and reinstall which I did with no results, also tried to change language and back to USA English.

Haven''t tried a different keyboard yet, because I don't have another.

I have signed in but it doesn't show. When I hit reply on email it didn't go.

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Joe Maresh, Feb 2, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

Forward slash, question mark, quotes keys not working in Windows 10

Cannot get Forward OR Backward Slash to work in Windows 10

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we are happy to help you.

You are not able use forward slash key and backward slash key on your keyboard

Could you answer few questions:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What is the make and model of the keyboard?
    • Do you have problem with any other keys?

I would like you to use On screen keyboard and check.

Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key+W and type On Screen Key Board.
    • Select Turn on screen Key Board on or off.
    • Click on Start On Screen Key Board.
    A new key board window will open up. Try to use that and check if it works.

Post back us with results. We’ll be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

Forward slash, question mark, quotes keys not working in Windows 10

1. Forward slash, question mark, quotes keys not working in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Forward slash question

2. My forward slash key and question mark key doesn't work. I really need a fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My forward slash key and question mark key doesn't work. I really need a fix: My forward slash key and question mark key doesn't work. When i try to copy it from the internet it doesnt even work only with onscreen-keyboard. I recently bought a keyboard and since then it doesnt work. After i saw that it doesnt work i tried with my old keyboard and its...
  3. My forward slash key and question mark key doesn't work. I really need a fix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My forward slash key and question mark key doesn't work. I really need a fix: My forward slash key and question mark key doesn't work. When i try to copy it from the internet it doesnt even work only with onscreen-keyboard. I recently bought a keyboard and since then it doesnt work. After i saw that it doesnt work i tried with my old keyboard and its...
  4. My forward slash key and question mark key doesn't work. I really need a fix

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My forward slash and question mark keys are registering as up arrow on 60% keyboard.

My forward slash and question mark keys are registering as up arrow on 60% keyboard.: I accidentally pressed something and I can't reverse it. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-forward-slash-and-question-mark-keys-are/292e7740-d6d0-4599-b3f4-f5019e1124e7
  6. My forward slash and question mark keys are registering as up arrow on 60% keyboard.

My forward slash and question mark keys are registering as up arrow on 60% keyboard.: I accidentally pressed something and I can't reverse it. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-forward-slash-and-question-mark-keys-are/292e7740-d6d0-4599-b3f4-f5019e1124e7
  7. My forward slash and question mark keys are registering as up arrow on 60% keyboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Getting /e and ?E with my forward slash and question mark button.

Getting /e and ?E with my forward slash and question mark button.: shift + ? gets me ?Eforward slash gets me /etyping , gets me ,qn gets me nslanguage settings/shift + ctrl isn't helping and it's driving me insane....
  9. Forward slash key works but question mark is not working.

Forward slash key works but question mark is not working.: I am using Windows 10 on my laptop. Everything was working fine but from yesterday I've noticed my Question Mark key on keyboard is not working. I don't think it is a hardware problem, because Forward Slash under Question Mark key is working fine. Neither it is the problem...
  10. My forward slash key doesn't work, however the question mark button does

My forward slash key doesn't work, however the question mark button does: Notes Question mark does work Forward slash does work when I'm in the windows startup entering my password Forward slash does not do anything, nor does it print another symbol or letter My language is English (United States) My keyboard is US- QWERTY and I have also tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. forward slash doesnt work but question mark dows

2. question mark button not working

3. my question mark not working