Windows 10: Forza 4 not working after reinstalling Windows 10.

Discus and support Forza 4 not working after reinstalling Windows 10. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi! Friend of mine's son bought Forza 4 through Microsoft store, using a gift card he purchased but had to create a new Microsoft account to do it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LesHawkett, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Forza 4 not working after reinstalling Windows 10.

Hi! Friend of mine's son bought Forza 4 through Microsoft store, using a gift card he purchased but had to create a new Microsoft account to do it. Unfortunately Windows 10 somehow got severely corrupted and had to be be reinstalled. Forza 4 is installed on a separate drive to the o/s but won't work. Seems to be permission problem. He still has the original gift card with code he used but can't get back to Microsoft store because he has forgotten his password. Tried to reset password but Microsoft says that there isn't enough supplied nformation to do it. Is there a way to get game going or somehow re-download game? Thanks. Les Hawkett.

:)

LesHawkett, Sep 15, 2020
  2. Naveen_M Win User

Forza Horizon 4 will not unistall

Hi Titus,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I'd suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Click on Start menu, and look for Forza Horizon 4. Right click on it and select
    Uninstall.

You can also uninstall the game through settings by following the below steps.

1. Press Windows key + I together to open Settings.

2. Click on Apps > Apps & features.

3. Click on Forza Horizon 4.

4. Select Uninstall.

Let us know how it goes. I will keep working with you until it's fixed.

Naveen M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Naveen_M, Sep 15, 2020
  3. Problem with Forza Horizon 4

Hi Hope

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

Have you tried lowering your screen resolution to see if the game launches?

How much free space do you have on the drive?

Could you confirm if this also happens in the default Administrator account?

Open Start

Type: cmd

Right click CMD

Click Run as administrator

At the command prompt, type:

net user administrator/active:yes

Hit Enter

Close command prompt, restart, then try signing into the Administrator account.

Do you have the latest cumulative updates for Windows 10 1803 installed?

Open Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features

Scroll down to Forza Horizon 4

Select it

Click Advanced options

Click Reset

Restart

Check the Store for updates

If that does not work...

download the following utility and use it to remove Forza Horizon 4, extract it, launch it, scroll through the list, select Forza 4 then click Remove.

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcen...

Reinstall it Forza Horizon 4 - Microsoft Store

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/forza-horizon...

Andre for Directly, Sep 15, 2020
  4. Splinter Win User

Forza 4 not working after reinstalling Windows 10.

Backup of Forza Horizon 4

Hello to all here,

i want to backup my Forza Horizon 4 which is installed to c:\programfiles\WindowsApps. I used the build in backup functionality of Windows 10 to back it up. If i now will make a fresh Windows 10 installation and then restore my backup back to c:\programfiles\WindowsApps will Forza Horizon 4 be recognized as installed on my new system? What happens if this fails? If it fails i have no possibilty to delete the 70gb of the restauration because i have no access to the WindowsApps Folder which means i have to reinstall Windows 10 again.

Did somebody already tried to backup and restore Windows 10 Apps successfully?

Greetings

Splinter, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

Forza 4 not working after reinstalling Windows 10.

1. Forza 4 not working after reinstalling Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Forza working reinstalling

2. Can't reinstall forza horizon 4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't reinstall forza horizon 4: Hello friends! I recently tried reinstalling forza horizon 4 and found at that it wouldn't let me, there were no error messages or anything of the sort so I looked around and found a locked file that contained alot of my fh 4 files so I deleted the entire folder and now when...
  3. Microsoft Store: Not recognizing Forza Horizon 4 after a Windows Reinstall

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store: Not recognizing Forza Horizon 4 after a Windows Reinstall: I've recently reinstalled Windows, and before that, I had my Forza installed on the F Drive. When I had Windows Reinstall I deleted only the C drive, and now, I can't play Forza, but the space on my HDD is already occupied by the files of the game, in WindowsApps. How can I...
  4. Windows Store deleted my Forza Horizon 4 after a reinstall of windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Store deleted my Forza Horizon 4 after a reinstall of windows.: How can this happen its literately a windows app you know owned and operated by the corporation the made the OS, steam doesn't have this problem. I don't have adequate internet to reinstall it. This is very disappointing. Maybe get it fixed before all your new games that are...
  5. Forza Horizon 4 not working, despite multiple reinstalls/resets

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 not working, despite multiple reinstalls/resets: Since I have owned Forza Horizon 4 for over 2 years now, nothing about my computer set up has changed. Everything was always updated, but I hadn't played Forza Horizon 4 in a couple months. Go back to play it 2 weeks ago, and it hangs on the opening screen and never loads. I...
  6. Forza Horizon 4 Broken cant reinstall.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Forza Horizon 4 Broken cant reinstall.: hello everyone. Recently I bought a steering wheel with forcefeedback to play on my pc, luckily i had forza on xbox so with 130 GB free of space I decided to download the ultimate edition into it.e First, the download took a couple of days all good, I could play while the...
  7. Forza Horizon 4 not working...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 not working...: When I open game is displayed (as I saw) standard error ( FH601 ) "Windows media components is requierd". I downoladed this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48231 and this:...
  8. Forza Horizon 4 not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 not working: This message shows up when I'm trying to run Forza Horizon 4 : Forza Horizon 4 is currently not available in your account. Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001. What happend ? What do I have to do?[ATTACH]...
  9. Forza Horizon 4 Online Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 Online Not Working: I have tried every single possible troubleshoot to get multiplayer to work and nothing works. My NAT connection is open and connected yet I still can't play online. What am I missing here? Do I need an IPV6 connection to play online? HELP!...
  10. Forza Horizon 4 Pre-order (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 Pre-order (Windows 10): I preordered FH4 a while ago, and while i got the game and everything belonging to the game as well the Formula-D Car Pack für FM7 is still missing. When i select the car pack in Forza 7 it sets me to the Buy FH4 page which tells me that i already bought the game. I was...