Windows 10: Forza files encrypted

Discus and support Forza files encrypted in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello guys, i just moved to Windows 10 few days ago in my two PCs. First i installed Forza to my main computer and some days after tried to copy/paste... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by chummy, May 18, 2016.

1. chummy Win User

Forza files encrypted

Hello guys, i just moved to Windows 10 few days ago in my two PCs. First i installed Forza to my main computer and some days after tried to copy/paste the folder from PC1 to PC2 instead of redownloading whole thing.
    There i encountered my first problem, Forza files are all encrypted and when i tried move it to PC2/windowsapps was denied.
    After that i decided to enter insider preview with PC2 and the folder with Forza unfinished download become uncrypted, i just dont know how and why because i tried decrypt it before but system always denied decryption to Forza folder.
    With preview Build uncrypted folder released to copy/paste my backup Forza game from PC1 to PC2, Windows store installed it and game runs fine.
    After that i discovered than now my Forza game in PC1 becomes broken and need to redownload.

UWP supposed to unable backup from games?
    Is there something i doing wrong to use my backup in other computer?
    Windows 10 update feature says it can download updates and apps from other computer which already have files but it not working in my home network, always make full download from internet.

Will be glad if someone can explain this questions.

:)

chummy, May 18, 2016

2. Installed games

Yes i understand that for most games in origin,steam etc but for the windows store they seem to be encrypted so i can't even move/copy the files from the directory to a new directory. I can't even delete forza 3 from it's location to resinstall.

Only thing i can do is format that drive and loose around 300gb of installed games then reinstall forza and all the other titles back on that drive.

Jayson1987, May 18, 2016
  3. pixie-ryn Win User
    New files not being encrypted

I had my Camera Uploads folder from Drobox set as compressed. I have changed this to encrypted for a bit more security.

The issue I'm having is that any new files created in the folder are set as compressed and not encrypted.

The parent folder(Dropbox) is set as encrypted, the folder itself(Camera Uploads) is set as encrypted and all previous files were encrypted. Only two files that are not encrypted are two hidden files(.dropbox.attr and desktop.ini).

I have enabled encryption using both through the Properties menu and using cipher.exe and new files are not being encrypted.

The documentation says I just need to encrypt the parent folder and all files moved to, copied to, and created in the folder will be encrypted, yet new files are created with the compressed attribute.

pixie-ryn, May 18, 2016
  4. Forza files encrypted

I don't believe UWP games support backing up yet, as I've tried the same thing with Quantum Break and it's never worked for me.

The Windows Update feature you are referencing is just for downloading Windows updates. It doesn't include Windows Store apps and games, as far as I know.

blackroseMD1, May 18, 2016
Thema:

Forza files encrypted

1. Forza files encrypted - Similar Threads - Forza files encrypted

2. Win10Pro Encrypted File Copy with/without encryption dialogue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win10Pro Encrypted File Copy with/without encryption dialogue: I had a brief exchange with microsoft support and was advised to post here. At some point I must have ticked the 'always do this' option with the prompt asking if you want to copy an encrypted file to an unencrypted dir either with or without file encryption. Documentation on...
  3. File Encryption

File Encryption: I have Windows 10 Pro on my laptop and I recently reset my PC. I stored all my backup files in my hard drive but the problem is that I can't transfer or even extract all of my files because it's encrypted. It has this icon of a padlock, I tried to do all the steps to remove...
  4. Encrypted Zip Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Encrypted Zip Files: How do you view the content of an encrypted zip file? I downloaded 7zip, or I can use the default program. I can also download any other program that may be better....
  5. my files are encrypted!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my files are encrypted!!!!: i go to open any of my files on my computer and everything is encryptid??? smh?? please help! thanks this computer is new I have a bunch of files saved in it and like my one drive and three of my iPhone backed up.... my girlfriend had a SanDisk usb thumb drive and I put it...
  6. File and Folder encryption

File and Folder encryption: I want to enable file and folder encryption in Windows 10. The encryption enabling check box in advanced options is grayed-out. The system will not allow me to change the value at NftsDisableEncryption DWORD. The value is set at zero, which I think means encryption is...
  7. file encryption query

file encryption query: ive never bothered with file encryption before. but iam strongly considering it.. the question is, when you encrypt a file or folder, can you still download a program or images into it?*Shock 94501
  8. File encryption fails?

File encryption fails?: Hallo friends, I tried to encrypt a file located in my Dropbox account. I went to File->Properties->General->Advanced->Encrypt contents to secure data. After I did what I did, the file had a golden locker icon attached on it. I opened my other laptop and after Dropbox...
  9. Encryption File System

Encryption File System: Is there EFS in Windows 10 ? If yes, where it is and how to enable? 56730
  10. Random File Encryption

Random File Encryption: Hi guys, just joined because I'm having W10 issues. My computer started to randomly encrypt files, where I would have to manually decrypt them via the properties. Only issue now is that it says I have no admin rights, whereas before it was decrypting fine.... Here is my...