Windows 10: Forza files encrypted

Discus and support Forza files encrypted in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello guys, i just moved to Windows 10 few days ago in my two PCs. First i installed Forza to my main computer and some days after tried to copy/paste... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by chummy, May 18, 2016.

1. chummy Win User

Forza files encrypted

Hello guys, i just moved to Windows 10 few days ago in my two PCs. First i installed Forza to my main computer and some days after tried to copy/paste the folder from PC1 to PC2 instead of redownloading whole thing.
    There i encountered my first problem, Forza files are all encrypted and when i tried move it to PC2/windowsapps was denied.
    After that i decided to enter insider preview with PC2 and the folder with Forza unfinished download become uncrypted, i just dont know how and why because i tried decrypt it before but system always denied decryption to Forza folder.
    With preview Build uncrypted folder released to copy/paste my backup Forza game from PC1 to PC2, Windows store installed it and game runs fine.
    After that i discovered than now my Forza game in PC1 becomes broken and need to redownload.

UWP supposed to unable backup from games?
    Is there something i doing wrong to use my backup in other computer?
    Windows 10 update feature says it can download updates and apps from other computer which already have files but it not working in my home network, always make full download from internet.

Will be glad if someone can explain this questions.

:)

chummy, May 18, 2016

2. Installed games

Yes i understand that for most games in origin,steam etc but for the windows store they seem to be encrypted so i can't even move/copy the files from the directory to a new directory. I can't even delete forza 3 from it's location to resinstall.

Only thing i can do is format that drive and loose around 300gb of installed games then reinstall forza and all the other titles back on that drive.

Jayson1987, May 18, 2016
  3. pixie-ryn Win User
    New files not being encrypted

I had my Camera Uploads folder from Drobox set as compressed. I have changed this to encrypted for a bit more security.

The issue I'm having is that any new files created in the folder are set as compressed and not encrypted.

The parent folder(Dropbox) is set as encrypted, the folder itself(Camera Uploads) is set as encrypted and all previous files were encrypted. Only two files that are not encrypted are two hidden files(.dropbox.attr and desktop.ini).

I have enabled encryption using both through the Properties menu and using cipher.exe and new files are not being encrypted.

The documentation says I just need to encrypt the parent folder and all files moved to, copied to, and created in the folder will be encrypted, yet new files are created with the compressed attribute.

pixie-ryn, May 18, 2016
  4. Forza files encrypted

I don't believe UWP games support backing up yet, as I've tried the same thing with Quantum Break and it's never worked for me.

The Windows Update feature you are referencing is just for downloading Windows updates. It doesn't include Windows Store apps and games, as far as I know.

blackroseMD1, May 18, 2016
Thema:

Forza files encrypted

1. Forza files encrypted - Similar Threads - Forza files encrypted

2. Encrypting a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Encrypting a file: I tried this. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/how-to-encrypt-a-file-1131805c-47b8-2e3e-a705-807e13c10da7But after I encrypted a file and then sent it to another computer, it can be opened directly as if it was not encrypted.Why?Is it encrypted on my disk only?How...
  3. Encrypting a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Encrypting a file: I tried this. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/how-to-encrypt-a-file-1131805c-47b8-2e3e-a705-807e13c10da7But after I encrypted a file and then sent it to another computer, it can be opened directly as if it was not encrypted.Why?Is it encrypted on my disk only?How...
  4. Encrypted files

Encrypted files: My windows drive got damaged and i had to reload windows. Now i cant open my encrypted files and cant install the certificate. It says the file is invalid for use as the following. Personal Information Exchange. Is there something i can do about it....
  5. Encrypted files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Encrypted files: My windows drive got damaged and i had to reload windows. Now i cant open my encrypted files and cant install the certificate. It says the file is invalid for use as the following. Personal Information Exchange. Is there something i can do about it....
  6. File Encryption

File Encryption: I was encrypting files on my laptop which has windows 10 however, I had accidentally stopped the encryption and after I checked I lost almost all of my files. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-encryption/bf1d6484-d95a-4c54-8fe3-80d605a2e0b4
  7. Files encrypted

in Windows 10 Support
    Files encrypted: Dear Experts, I know that it is irrelevant to raise this type of queries in the platform, but can anyone please help me to solve the problem I faced. Some time back, all image files (.jpg) in different folders have been encrypted with .adobe files (i.e....
  8. Files Encrypted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Files Encrypted: Hi I would like to ask is there anyway I decrypt my files that got encrypted with the extension .encrypted https://prnt.sc/r6ehs3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/files-encrypted/2770e141-02c8-442c-82cc-e34fdc6f557c
  9. Encrypted Files

Encrypted Files: I recently decided I wanted to mod Enter the Gungeon. To do that, I had to move it from the microsoft store and onto a drive on my computer where the mod software could recognize the EtG.exe file. I moved all the game files onto the drive and now all the files have a gold...
  10. Encrypting File System, You are encrypting a file or trying to access an encrypted file...

Encrypting File System, You are encrypting a file or trying to access an encrypted file...: I do not use a smart card. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/encrypting-file-system-you-are-encrypting-a-file/a56f8b42-45e4-4d23-a119-5b4ee55f305e"