Windows 10: Forza Horizon 4: Closes on splash screen with Hang Type: Activation

Discus and support Forza Horizon 4: Closes on splash screen with Hang Type: Activation in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I can't get past the splash screen on Forza Horizon 4. I am accessing the game via Game sharing. It is the full Deluxe Edition of the game and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by nixonnnnnnnnnn, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Forza Horizon 4: Closes on splash screen with Hang Type: Activation

Hello,

I can't get past the splash screen on Forza Horizon 4. I am accessing the game via Game sharing. It is the full Deluxe Edition of the game and it isn't part of the game pass.

The error I receive in Event Viewer is:

The program ForzaHorizon4.exe version 0.0.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.

Process ID: 36a0

Start Time: 01d61ed5a03451b5

Termination Time: 4294967295

Application Path: D:\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.410.986.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaHorizon4.exe

Report Id: 105c0397-465f-46c2-809d-c8e5bba6be06

Faulting package full name: Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.410.986.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Faulting package-relative application ID: SunriseReleaseFinal

Hang type: Activation

Looking in security and maintenance, it says:

Source

ForzaHorizon4.exe

Summary

Stopped responding and was closed

Date

‎30/‎04/‎2020 10:40

Status

Report sent

Description

A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Faulting Application PathForza Horizon 4: Closes on splash screen with Hang Type: Activation :D:\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.410.986.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaHorizon4.exe

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: MoAppHang

Package Full Name: Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.410.986.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Application Name: praid:SunriseReleaseFinal

Application Version:0.0.0.0

Application Timestamp:00000000

Hang Signature: 07c1

Hang Type: 4194304

OS Version: 10.0.18362.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 2057

Additional Hang Signature 1:07c119e4c87ab1d6b6b9dbf735e96c51

Additional Hang Signature 2:744d

Additional Hang Signature 3:744da395c6776a6ef92faa32e77781e2

Additional Hang Signature 4:07c1

Additional Hang Signature 5:07c119e4c87ab1d6b6b9dbf735e96c51

Additional Hang Signature 6:744d

Additional Hang Signature 7:744da395c6776a6ef92faa32e77781e2

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: d428aee5fb86810bb9bf42bc0216eeb6 1855274946756275894

I have tried all of the troubleshooting steps outlined in previous posts regarding this issue as multiple people seem to have it and seem to be solving it to various degrees of success. I do not have MSI Afterburner or any type of graphics utility installed. I have tried 'resetting' the game, but this just led to the game uninstalling itself. I don't particularly want to have to reinstall it for a third time.

:)

nixonnnnnnnnnn, Apr 30, 2020

2. Forza Horizon 4

I got Forza Horizon 4, then went to play it and I get the splash screen then I hit enter and that works, then I hit continue and it loads and loads then the game just closes completely. How can I fix this problem?

BryanFolland, Apr 30, 2020
  3. Forza Horizon 4

Hello,

I got Forza Horizon 4, then went to play it and I get the splash screen then I hit enter and that works, then I hit continue and it loads and loads then the game just closes completely. How can I fix this problem?

BryanFolland, Apr 30, 2020
  4. Forza Horizon 4: Closes on splash screen with Hang Type: Activation

Problem with Forza Horizon 4

Hi Hope

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

Have you tried lowering your screen resolution to see if the game launches?

How much free space do you have on the drive?

Could you confirm if this also happens in the default Administrator account?

Open Start

Type: cmd

Right click CMD

Click Run as administrator

At the command prompt, type:

net user administrator/active:yes

Hit Enter

Close command prompt, restart, then try signing into the Administrator account.

Do you have the latest cumulative updates for Windows 10 1803 installed?

Open Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features

Scroll down to Forza Horizon 4

Select it

Click Advanced options

Click Reset

Restart

Check the Store for updates

If that does not work...

download the following utility and use it to remove Forza Horizon 4, extract it, launch it, scroll through the list, select Forza 4 then click Remove.

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcen...

Reinstall it Forza Horizon 4 - Microsoft Store

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/forza-horizon...

Andre for Directly, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

Forza Horizon 4: Closes on splash screen with Hang Type: Activation

1. Forza Horizon 4: Closes on splash screen with Hang Type: Activation - Similar Threads - Forza Horizon Closes

2. Forza Horizon 4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forza Horizon 4: Hello, Microsoft! I spent 1 WEEK trying to solve the problem of your product! At first I'd like to say, that it is hilarious that a huge company like Microsoft can't create a good website for Xbox Live. Your Xbox website is lagging, bugging and so on. Ok, so the main problem....
  3. Forza 4 Horizon Ultimate Hang Type Activation: Solved By Pure Luck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza 4 Horizon Ultimate Hang Type Activation: Solved By Pure Luck: To all my fellow gamers in reference to Forza 4 Horizon PC Ultimate who receive the Hang Type Activation, I think I may have solved the problem. After doing a clean windows 10 pro build 2004 install, I loaded all updates, then installed the GeForce experience for my GeForce...
  4. Forza horizon 4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza horizon 4: Hi, i have got a little problem with forza horizon 4 , and just want to ask, if its a known problem or just random for me. So i have a pc with i9-9900k - rtx2080S- 32gb ram kombo and the game is on ssd, but still the game is crashing since yesterday, when i updated the...
  5. Forza Horizon 4 crashes at startup with Hang Type : Activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 crashes at startup with Hang Type : Activation: Hello! Not me, but a friend I’ve been trying to get into horizon So, basically he purchased Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition via Microsoft Store, downloaded and couldn’t even start the game - crashed after the launch screen. And every time it’s the same error in Even Log - HANG...
  6. Forza Horizon 4 crashes at startup with Hang Type : Activation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Forza Horizon 4 crashes at startup with Hang Type : Activation: Hello! Not me, but a friend I’ve been trying to get into horizon So, basically he purchased Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition via Microsoft Store, downloaded and couldn’t even start the game - crashed after the launch screen. And every time it’s the same error in Even Log - HANG...
  7. Forza Horizon 4 Hanging/Crashing on Startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Forza Horizon 4 Hanging/Crashing on Startup: My PC is a HP Envy Phoenix 810-477na with 12GB of RAM, an nVidia GeForce GTX 970, and an Intel i7-4790 CPU. This is the control panel reliability report I received about the app: Source ForzaHorizon4.exe Summary Stopped responding and was closed Date ‎14/‎02/‎2020 00:00...
  8. Forza Horizon 4 will not launch past splash screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 will not launch past splash screen.: I purchased Horizon 4 a few days ago and have not gotten it to launch on my desktop yet. I am on Windows 10 build 1803. I have an overclocked i7-4770k and a GTX 1080, so hardware should not be a problem. Troubleshooting I have already attempted (nothing worked): Turning...
  9. Forza Horizon 4 crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Forza Horizon 4 crashing: It keeps crashing after i get done with the benchmark and when i do my stuff manually it crashes when the xbox controller pops up please help this game is very buggy atm i have had download problems and crashing problems...
  10. Forza Horizon 4 - PROBLEM !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 - PROBLEM !: Hey ... I have a small problem, premiere forza, etc. I started a happy game ... I play, I play ... And suddenly ... Crash - the game has freeza for a second and gray screen and s*** ... Played Crashes to the desktopafter playing ... Can you help me? The same problem I had...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. forza horizon 4 Microsoft sunrise exe fix