Windows 10: Forza Horizon 4 Crashing Instantly when trying to launch

Discus and support Forza Horizon 4 Crashing Instantly when trying to launch in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Everywhere I've looked on the internet I am yet to find a solution to my problem, or any cases that have the exact same issue that I do. My forza... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by NinjaMG17, Dec 8, 2018.

1. NinjaMG17 Win User

Forza Horizon 4 Crashing Instantly when trying to launch

Everywhere I've looked on the internet I am yet to find a solution to my problem, or any cases that have the exact same issue that I do. My forza horizon 4 game will not launch; when I click launch it would flash a black window for a split second, then it would disappear. If I continue to try and launch I still have no success, with the game picture showing for a brief second but still crashing only moments later. Ive been trying to fix this issue for a few days now, dedicating most of my freetime into trying to fix it. Everything I do, does NOT work. From what I've experienced, I believe the issue I have has to do with my Microsoft Store, more specifically the licensing of the game. When I tried to uninstall the game it uninstalls fine, but when I try to re-install it will download the entire 60+ GB game only to say error and prompt me to try and download it again. I've reset my game in app settings, I've turned off any third party app that would affect it like those overclocking programs (ex. MSI afterburner. Even though I dont have it installed), I've also tried to use the troubleshooter for the microsoft store where it initially said error with hanging and crashing, but when I run it again it comes back with no results. I am hoping you can help me with my issue. All my drivers are up to date, as well as all my hardware if fully functional. I'm also on the newest windows update.

Thanks

:)

NinjaMG17, Dec 8, 2018

2. Forza Horizon 3 crash on launch

temporary solution!!!

For everyone who's having a crash at the launch of the game, my games crashes everytime! So tried to uninstall one of the DLC's, I have the Hotweels DLC. So I uninstalled that. Launched the game and it works!

So:

-Forza Horizon 3

-Hotweels DLC

-Blizzard Mountain DLC

1. Uninstall one of the DLC's (I'd suggest hotweels since it's the smallest dlc)

1.2 just to be sure reset in App & Features

2. Click play Forza from the start menu (your game should work by this step!)

3. Install hotweels DLC again.

Your game should work! this worked for me.

Sequoiathree, Dec 8, 2018
  3. saving forza horizon 4

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how difficult it can be when the feature does not work the way it is supposed to.

I would suggest you to post Forza Horizon 4 query on Forza Horizon 4 forum. Please post this question in the

Forza Horizon
    forum, where we have the engineers with the expertise to provide solutions for this issue.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Dec 8, 2018
  4. Forza Horizon 4 Crashing Instantly when trying to launch

Forza horizon 3 wont launch!

Hey,

I bought forza horizon 3 yesterday, and finally its done downloading.

But it wont launch for some reason. I shows a forza windowed picture, it did that too with sea of thieves, but sea of thieves launched after that, except for forza horizon, wich didnt launch. I did not get any crash reports or something, so u guys could
    help me!

thanks in advance Forza Horizon 4 Crashing Instantly when trying to launch :)

FrankGroot1, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

Forza Horizon 4 Crashing Instantly when trying to launch

1. Forza Horizon 4 Crashing Instantly when trying to launch - Similar Threads - Forza Horizon Crashing

2. Forza horizon 4 crashes at launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza horizon 4 crashes at launch: Hi, so I just installed forza and whenever I'm trying to launch it, it crashes, doesn't even turn on,My pc has all the minimum requirements,Pls help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forza-horizon-4-crashes-at-launch/fb315c0c-8b82-4cbf-9763-1cf87565c508
  3. Forza horizon 4 crashes at launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forza horizon 4 crashes at launch: Hi, so I just installed forza and whenever I'm trying to launch it, it crashes, doesn't even turn on,My pc has all the minimum requirements,Pls help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forza-horizon-4-crashes-at-launch/fb315c0c-8b82-4cbf-9763-1cf87565c508
  4. Forza Horizon 4 Crashes On Launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 Crashes On Launch: Hey everyone, Forza Horizon 4 crashes on launch, I have tried going through all of the fixing steps online. Nothing works. This issue started to happen again after the recent Window update. I also just reinstalled my Window 10 Pro and it seems that the game still crashes. I...
  5. FORZA HORIZON 4 NOT LAUNCHING

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    FORZA HORIZON 4 NOT LAUNCHING: Hello so i just got forza horizon 4 on pc windows 10 1909 on the microsoft store when i launch it it loads a photo and just closes can you help :c[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forza-horizon-4-not-launching/012bf6b1-75c7-44ef-8118-c5cf980cc942
  6. Forza Horizon 4, not launching, after trying everything..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4, not launching, after trying everything..: I had the game bought, the standard edition, and it worked all fine, but i bought like 1 day ago, the ultimate add-ons bundle, and the game does not want to start anymore. I tried all the actions, i could find as a "solution" for others, but for me nothing would work. And, if...
  7. Forza Horizon 4 Crashing Immediately After Launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 Crashing Immediately After Launch: I bought Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition on PC and installed it. But when i open it it launches and after 2 seconds it crashes. I updated Windows, uninstalled MSI Afterburner, disabled Norton Antivirus and resetted the Store cache but none of these worked. And on top of that...
  8. Forza Horizon 4 not launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 not launching: Forza Horizon 4 is not launching. I have tried 3 reinstalls, resetting it, deleting MSI Afterburner and Riva Tuner and also deleting my (avast) antivirus. I am up to date on windows 10 and on all my drivers. I have also tried downloading free apps and running the microsoft...
  9. Forza Horizon 4 crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Forza Horizon 4 crashing: It keeps crashing after i get done with the benchmark and when i do my stuff manually it crashes when the xbox controller pops up please help this game is very buggy atm i have had download problems and crashing problems...
  10. Forza Horizon 4 will not launch past initial launch window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 will not launch past initial launch window: I purchased forza horizon 4 ultimate edition yesterday on the 28th and after I installed it I noticed that the car pass had not installed. So when I went to install it, it gave me errors and said that something unexpected happened. So when it finally installed the launch...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. forza horizon 4 instantly closes

2. forza horizon 4 logo appears and crashes

3. forza horizon 4 instantly crashes when loading main menu

4. forza horizon 4 splash screen crash