Windows 10: Forza Horizon 4 Crashing to Desktop after playing for ~3-5 minutes

Discus and support Forza Horizon 4 Crashing to Desktop after playing for ~3-5 minutes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, So I've been dealing with issues with FH4 for awhile now, and it's really starting to frustrate me. The game has been constantly crashing, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NathanGrauer, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Forza Horizon 4 Crashing to Desktop after playing for ~3-5 minutes

Hi,

So I've been dealing with issues with FH4 for awhile now, and it's really starting to frustrate me.

The game has been constantly crashing, and not letting me play. The way that it is crashing is the game freezes, stays like that for a few seconds, occasionally it flickers, and then the game just closes with no error messages, and the computer works as normal.

My computer:

i7 9700k - Locked at 4.7 GHz on all cores

GTX 1080Ti - Undervolted

2x16 GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM

1TB 970 EVO Plus 110GB available on drive

All clocks are stable under stress test loads, so in-game it shouldn't be a problem.

Fixes I've tried:

Update Windows

Update anything available in Microsoft Store

Display Driver Uninstall and then clean install of latest graphics drivers

Closing any overlays GeForce Experience and MSI Afterburner are the only two I have installed

Disable microphone for FH4

Reset FH4 to default through Settings>Applications>Forza Horizon 4>Advanced Options>Reset

No other program has any issues with crashing whatsoever, and when the game has crashed my entire computer has never crashed. I don't have an antivirus so that isn't an issue, and I haven't tried things like a RAM cleaner or increasing the pagefile, as I have more than enough memory to run the game, as usage is around 11GB when in-game, which is less than half. I did notice that RAM usage suddenly spiked right before crashing, but that is the only anomaly I could find related to the crashing. I also have the Xbox game bar overlay, but I don't know how to disable it, but in a few posts by MS, it wasn't listed as a probable cause for crashing.

:)

NathanGrauer, Mar 29, 2021
  2. Zaki_j Win User

Forza Horizon 3 Crash on Gameplay

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that Forza Horizon 3 keeps crashing.

• Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?

I suggest you refer and follow the steps mentioned in the article and check if that resolves the issue. Refer to the article
    My Game is Not Launching or is Crashing on PC.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Zaki

Zaki_j, Mar 29, 2021
  3. Forza Horizon 3 crash on launch

temporary solution!!!

For everyone who's having a crash at the launch of the game, my games crashes everytime! So tried to uninstall one of the DLC's, I have the Hotweels DLC. So I uninstalled that. Launched the game and it works!

So:

-Forza Horizon 3

-Hotweels DLC

-Blizzard Mountain DLC

1. Uninstall one of the DLC's (I'd suggest hotweels since it's the smallest dlc)

1.2 just to be sure reset in App & Features

2. Click play Forza from the start menu (your game should work by this step!)

3. Install hotweels DLC again.

Your game should work! this worked for me.

Sequoiathree, Mar 29, 2021
  4. Forza Horizon 4 Crashing to Desktop after playing for ~3-5 minutes

Forza horizon 4 keeps crashing

So my forza horizon 4 keeps crashing shortly after I start playing it. Sometimes I would start driving and then it would crash.

ShamuelHashan, Mar 29, 2021
Thema:

Forza Horizon 4 Crashing to Desktop after playing for ~3-5 minutes

1. Forza Horizon 4 Crashing to Desktop after playing for ~3-5 minutes - Similar Threads - Forza Horizon Crashing

2. Forza Horizon 5 Crash to Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 5 Crash to Desktop: I've been trying since release now to get FH5 to boot. I get ~ 15 seconds of load time before I'm staring at me desktop again. No codes, no error messages, bupkis.When searching event viewer I discovered I'm getting exception code 0xc0000005. I have tried everything in the...
  3. Forza Horizon 5 Crash to Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 Crash to Desktop: I've been trying since release now to get FH5 to boot. I get ~ 15 seconds of load time before I'm staring at me desktop again. No codes, no error messages, bupkis.When searching event viewer I discovered I'm getting exception code 0xc0000005. I have tried everything in the...
  4. Forza Horizon 4 crash to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 crash to desktop: Forza Horizon 4 and both its expansions crashes to desktop as soon as an event is triggered, like crossing a speedtrap, starting a race, finishing a drift zone and so on.No visible message is given ad in the event viewer reports exception code: 0xc000001dI'd like to add that...
  5. Forza Horizon 4 crashing after 15-20 minutes of playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 crashing after 15-20 minutes of playing: My game audio/video freezes for a sec, then the screen goes grey and crashes to desktop. This happens consistently.I've tried all the obvious things, including these:...
  6. Forza Horizon 4 crashes ~1 minute after startup.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Forza Horizon 4 crashes ~1 minute after startup.: When I launch forza, it stays on that screen with the forza logo for about a minute, then crashes. I have disabled OBS, my graphics driver is fine nVidia 460.89, nothing shows up in error log, and there is no reasoning behind the crash. Is there something I can do? I really...
  7. Forza Horizon 3, Forza Horizon 4

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Forza Horizon 3, Forza Horizon 4: I am currently having issues staying connected to Live Multiplayer in both Forza Horizon 3 and Horizon 4 on PC. I join the online to race and within about a minute I get a disconnected message. I've checked the multiplayer settings in gaming and the NAT type is open and...
  8. Forza Horizon 4 crashes after playing for 5 minutes, no fix works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 crashes after playing for 5 minutes, no fix works: Forza Horizon 4 has become unplayable on my system recently, and no fix works. My specs: AMD R5 3600x AMD Rx 5700 XT 16gb 3200mhz memory What I have tried: command line workarounds on youtube reinstalling the entire game downclocking my gpu to check for gpu...
  9. Forza Horizon 3 crash while playing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Forza Horizon 3 crash while playing: Hello, my forza horizon 3 crashes while i play about 3-10 min, my screen freezes and i hear sound after a while my screen gets gray. Here the eventviewer its german but i think thats no problem Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: forza_x64_release_final.exe, Version:...
  10. Forza Horizon 4 crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Forza Horizon 4 crashing: It keeps crashing after i get done with the benchmark and when i do my stuff manually it crashes when the xbox controller pops up please help this game is very buggy atm i have had download problems and crashing problems...