Windows 10: Forza Horizon 4 keeps crashing on start.

Discus and support Forza Horizon 4 keeps crashing on start. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, yesterday I got the xbox gamepass for PC. The main reason for this was to get access to Forza Horizon 4, but when I finally downloaded it and tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by zTea, Oct 4, 2019.

1. zTea Win User

Forza Horizon 4 keeps crashing on start.

Hi, yesterday I got the xbox gamepass for PC. The main reason for this was to get access to Forza Horizon 4, but when I finally downloaded it and tried to launch it, it didn't work. I've looked around on the forums and I haven't found any fixes yet. I tried uninstalling MSI afterburner, resetting my save data (didn't work cuz I had never played it before). I have a good enough pc: GTX 1050 Ti, Ryzen 5 2600X, 8gb ram, 500GB ssd, etc. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game countless times.

Nothing worked.

I tried using Event Viewer, these are the logs:

Faulting application name: ForzaHorizon4.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5d8e8039

Faulting module name: ForzaHorizon4.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5d8e8039

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00000000005b15d4

Faulting process id: 0xad7c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d57abe98e849f3

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.351.461.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaHorizon4.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.351.461.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaHorizon4.exe

Report Id: f06b7c2a-5144-4b73-9c86-dde531343cb6

Faulting package full name: Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.351.461.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Faulting package-relative application ID: SunriseReleaseFinal

I tried disabling development mode in Windows Powershell. I tried going on an administrator account to try it on there, still didn't launch. I tried

Installing the game on my laptop that I use for college. Same error codes, none of the fixes worked on there either.

Could anyone please help me with this? I'm tired of going through the same Forum posts.

:)

zTea, Oct 4, 2019
  2. Andre for Directly, Oct 4, 2019
  3. Naveen_M Win User
    Forza Horizon 4 will not unistall

Hi Titus,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I'd suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Click on Start menu, and look for Forza Horizon 4. Right click on it and select
    Uninstall.

You can also uninstall the game through settings by following the below steps.

1. Press Windows key + I together to open Settings.

2. Click on Apps > Apps & features.

3. Click on Forza Horizon 4.

4. Select Uninstall.

Let us know how it goes. I will keep working with you until it's fixed.

Naveen M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Naveen_M, Oct 4, 2019
  4. Forza Horizon 4 keeps crashing on start.

Forza Horizon 4 keeps crashing on loading screen

Hi mariusgolgojan

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

What is the exact make and model?

Open Start, type: system information

Hit Enter

Click System summary

Look in the right pane

Copy the system sku info into reply here.

See example: Imgur

Have you tried lowering your screen resolution to see if the game launches?

How much free space do you have on the drive?

Is Forza 4 installed on the C:\ drive or another drive or partition?

Could you confirm if this also happens in the default Administrator account?

Open Start

Type: cmd

Right click CMD

Click Run as administrator

At the command prompt, type:

net user administrator/active:yes

Hit Enter

Close command prompt, restart, then try signing into the Administrator account.

Do you have the latest cumulative updates for Windows 10 1809 installed if that is the version you have installed?

download the following utility and use it to remove Forza Horizon 4, extract it, launch it, scroll through the list, select Forza 4 then click Remove.

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcen...

Reinstall it Forza Horizon 4 - Microsoft Store

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/forza-horizon...

Andre for Directly, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

Forza Horizon 4 keeps crashing on start.

1. Forza Horizon 4 keeps crashing on start. - Similar Threads - Forza Horizon keeps

2. Forza Horizon 4 Crashes on start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 Crashes on start: When launching forza horizon 4, the picture loads up and closes instantly, I've reinstalled the game and it still doesn't work?Any help ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forza-horizon-4-crashes-on-start/d1f37614-4975-462c-a079-1cfbdedd81c6
  3. Forza Horizon 4 Crashes on start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forza Horizon 4 Crashes on start: When launching forza horizon 4, the picture loads up and closes instantly, I've reinstalled the game and it still doesn't work?Any help ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forza-horizon-4-crashes-on-start/d1f37614-4975-462c-a079-1cfbdedd81c6
  4. Forza Horizon 4 crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forza Horizon 4 crashing: Forza Horizon 4 purchased from Microsoft Store is crashing on my PC with the error code 0xc0000005. The crash happens during free ride at the exact same location. I have reinstalled the game, updated windows and graphics card driver, but it did not help. How can I solve my...
  5. Forza Horizon 4 Crashing on start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 Crashing on start up: Iv went through the forum and tried all suggested fixes and nothing is working. Error report showed - Faulting application name: ForzaHorizon4.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x6053d93d Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.804, time stamp:...
  6. Forza horizon 4 keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza horizon 4 keeps crashing: So my forza horizon 4 keeps crashing shortly after I start playing it. Sometimes I would start driving and then it would crash. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forza-horizon-4-keeps-crashing/8044c82c-6969-4175-a0c0-d8067de3c6f1
  7. Forza Horizon 4 Crashing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Forza Horizon 4 Crashing: Forza Horizon 4 crashes no matter what i do. Lowering graphics doesnt help as it crashes even tho i set it to high or medium. Im gaming on a 2060 geforce rtx and a ryzen 7 2700x so it makes no sense that i should be crashing with even ultra settings on. i have 16 gb of ram...
  8. Forza Horizon 4 keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 keeps crashing: I just downloaded Forza Horizon 4 and it starts up for 2 seconds then just shuts off. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, I have turned off extra audio stuff, I am not running any other applications. I have read through pages of this **** and still haven't found an...
  9. Forza Horizon 4 Crash

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Forza Horizon 4 Crash: My game crashes 20 sec after i opened my game. All drivers are up-to-date https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forza-horizon-4-crash/ce7f5c35-b594-4114-bfe9-1cfb60401a0c"
  10. Forza Horizon 4 crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Forza Horizon 4 crashing: It keeps crashing after i get done with the benchmark and when i do my stuff manually it crashes when the xbox controller pops up please help this game is very buggy atm i have had download problems and crashing problems...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. forza horizon 4 pc crashing on startup

2. forza horizon 4 demo crash on startup

3. forza horizon 4 satrtup crash

4. forza horizon 4 crashes on launch,
  5. forza horizon 4 crash on startup