Windows 10: Create a WinPE USB or ISO

Discus and support Create a WinPE USB or ISO in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Create a WinPE USB or ISO [img] Information Windows Preinstallation Environment (WinPE) boot device belongs to every geeks toolbox. A quote... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Create a WinPE USB or ISO

How to: Create a WinPE USB or ISO

Create a WinPE USB or ISO [​IMG]
    Information Windows Preinstallation Environment (WinPE) boot device belongs to every geeks toolbox. A quote from Wikipedia:

Creating a bootable WinPE USB or ISO is fast and easy. This tutorial will show how to create one for your purposes.

WinPE [/i] Create bootable WinPE USB or ISO
    1) Download latest Windows 10 ADK (Assessment and Deployment Kit) or Windows Insider Preview ADK

2) You may of course install the full 7 GB ADK, but for our purposes you only need components Deployment Tools and Windows Preinstallation Environment:

3) When installed, open Deployment and Imaging Tools interface elevated by right clicking it in Start > W > Windows Kits and select More > Run as administrator:

4) The prompt is quite long. Shorten it by jumping to root of the C: drive with command cd\ (#1 in next screenshot)

5) Create WinPE files with following command (#2):

copype amd64 D:\WinPEx64

Replace path D:\WinPEx64 with your preferred drive and folder name. The above command creates PE files to be used to boot a 64 bit machine. If you will make PE for 32 bit machine, replace amd64 in command with x86:

copype x86 D:\WinPEx86

6) Plug in a USB flash drive, note its drive letter. Enter following command, replopacing path D:\WinPEx64 with actual pathe to folder where you created the PE files, and drive letter I: with actual drive letter of your USB drive:

MakeWinPEMedia /UFD D:\WinPEx64 I:

If you want to create a WinPE ISO, change the /UFD switch to /ISO and add path and filename where you want to create the ISO file:

MakeWinPEMedia /ISO D:\WinPEx64 F:\WPE64.iso

You will be warned that the USB flash drive will be formatted, Accept with Y:

That's it!

Kari

:)

Brink, Nov 6, 2017

2. creating a boot ghost usb

Hi Freddy,

Ghost is a disk cloning and backup tool. In Windows, we can easily create a bootable USB with your cloned system.

• First, prepare the WinPE which we will use to capture the customized image by following the steps on this

link
    • Boot into WinPE to capture the computer image you have customized. To do it, check out this

link
    • Then, convert WIM file into ISO.
    • Lastly, create the Bootable USB with your customized image.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jhessica Sur, Oct 27, 2019
  3. D4ni3l Win User

bonjour,

Thanks Kari for this tuto

I created the ISO with "MakeWinPEMedia /ISO D:\WinPEx64 F:\WPE64.iso"
    I simply copied all files of the ISO to a dedicated partition (2GB) on a second disk
    I can now select & boot directly from the BIOS to this partition (F8 on Asus) without doing anything else

My only issue : Anyway to automatically select a default keyboard different that operating system language ?
    (French Keyboard with US Windows)

some info Wpeutil Command-Line Options | Microsoft Docs

This works :

Next step could be adding these sommands above to \Windows\System32\Startnet.cmd

or better WinPE: Add packages (Optional Components Reference) | Microsoft Docs

D4ni3l, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Bootable USB with ISO - What am I missing?

I am trying to install win7 from a USB. I set the USB to be first boot and it finds it, but wont install the iso.

I have tried ...

However when I get to bootsect it does not do anything .. says it is not a recognized internal command ...

Is there something I am missing? I even tried just loading the iso on the USB and booting, but did not work either

Is there an easier way?

copenhagen69, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Bootable USB with ISO - What am I missing?

you can use pendrive with win too. in step 1 you have to select "custom iso"(or "other" cant remember how exactly it was dubed) and point win .iso file. i've used it for my install usb stick and it works fine.

ne6togadno, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Create a WinPE USB or ISO - Similar Threads - Create WinPE USB

2. Unable to create Windows 10 ISO to USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to create Windows 10 ISO to USB: Hi Team,I have been trying to create Windows 10 ISO bootable USB device but keep getting error.Error code 0x80070005 - xA001BI tried to add installation fine in safe software list to our Security tool but still same issue.Kindly Assist.please reply on *** Email address is...
  3. how-to download and how-to create Bootable WinPE Media usb or dvd...?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how-to download and how-to create Bootable WinPE Media usb or dvd...?: Has Microsoft WinPE ISO to create repair or fix media... for Windows11 or 10?Please tell URL for both OSs, of how-to download and how-to create Bootable WinPE Media usb or dvd...?What these differ from actual ISO INSTALLATION of Windows 10 or 11...?...
  4. how-to download and how-to create Bootable WinPE Media usb or dvd...?

how-to download and how-to create Bootable WinPE Media usb or dvd...?: Has Microsoft WinPE ISO to create repair or fix media... for Windows11 or 10?Please tell URL for both OSs, of how-to download and how-to create Bootable WinPE Media usb or dvd...?What these differ from actual ISO INSTALLATION of Windows 10 or 11...?...
  5. Simple task create a bootable WinPE USB harddrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Simple task create a bootable WinPE USB harddrive: I started here:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/winpe-create-usb-bootable-drive?view=windows-10In Step 3.3 I took the option to go...
  6. Simple task create a bootable WinPE USB harddrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Simple task create a bootable WinPE USB harddrive: I started here:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/winpe-create-usb-bootable-drive?view=windows-10In Step 3.3 I took the option to go...
  7. Simple task create a bootable WinPE USB harddrive

8. Creating a bootable usb from ISO

Creating a bootable usb from ISO: If I create a bootable usb from the ISO file, does that ISO file remain the same in the sense that I can use it to to an In-Place Repair or reinstall Windows?...
  9. Creating a USB with Windows ISO

Creating a USB with Windows ISO: Need help creating a USB with Win 10 ISO https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-a-usb-with-windows-iso/e15bd990-5861-4033-9416-05baf524176e
  10. Issues with creating WinPE disk

in Windows 10 Support
    Issues with creating WinPE disk: Hi all I am following some microsoft documentation that says to use the command Wpeutil createpagefile C:\pagefile /size=256wpeutil is not recognized is what I get. Here is where I found the microsoft page. Install Windows PE - Windows 10 hardware dev under install...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot