Windows 10: Found 2 suspicious apps on my computer.

Discus and support Found 2 suspicious apps on my computer. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So today i logged into my laptop as usual after a long sleep,when i notice my CPU fan was spinning real fast then normal,so i open task manager and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TersisWilvin, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Found 2 suspicious apps on my computer.

So today i logged into my laptop as usual after a long sleep,when i notice my CPU fan was spinning real fast then normal,so i open task manager and found two suspicious background apps taking up my CPU,when i opened file location,i don't remember installing these apps on my laptop,now i have a good memory so i know what apps i installed.Did i recently installed an app? Yes,it was 3D pinball but when i opened file location,it leads to a totally different location then these two files taking up my CPU.So if anyone recognizes these apps,or if these are system files,please let me know! Found 2 suspicious apps on my computer. 9c523a1c-4a30-4935-99a6-a57bc24289f5?upload=true.png

:)

TersisWilvin, Apr 27, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Found 2 suspicious apps on my computer. :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Apr 27, 2019
  3. NdMk2o1o Win User
    Split Steam app folder between 2 HDD?

As the title suggests I want to find out if there's a way I can split my steam app folder on to 2 drives, specifically an SSD that I will be putting my OS and most used games and apps and a regular HDD for everything else?

NdMk2o1o, Apr 27, 2019
  4. Found 2 suspicious apps on my computer.

Shadow Fight 2 Crashes

Hi Jake,

There's a lot of potential reasons why a certain game or app crashes. One of which is having a corrupted game file. To help you resolve this concern, I suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problem with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Step 2: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Storage.
    • Select This PC.
    • Click Temporary files.
    • Choose Temporary files.
    • Click Remove files.

Step 3: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Apps and features.
    • Find the game and click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Step 4: Try to uninstall and reinstall the affected game.

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, Apr 27, 2019
Thema:

Found 2 suspicious apps on my computer.

1. Found 2 suspicious apps on my computer. - Similar Threads - Found suspicious apps

2. Suspicious "WINDOWS" file found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suspicious "WINDOWS" file found: So I was just checking my files and then I found a new file in C drive called "WINDOWS". I never saw it before, and then I noticed it was created a few days ago. I clicked the file and it kinda looks legit. Did this file come with an Windows update or is it a malware, that's...
  3. Suspicious "WINDOWS" file found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Suspicious "WINDOWS" file found: So I was just checking my files and then I found a new file in C drive called "WINDOWS". I never saw it before, and then I noticed it was created a few days ago. I clicked the file and it kinda looks legit. Did this file come with an Windows update or is it a malware, that's...
  4. Suspicious app detected

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Suspicious app detected: Roughly a month ago I was attacked by virus and had to reset my Windows. Now google is saying malicious app detected and logged me out of my desktop. What should I do?...
  5. Found highly suspicious software in Task manager

Found highly suspicious software in Task manager: [IMG] So I'll start this off by saying I'm not entirely sure if this is exactly the correct place to post this however I failed to find an appropriate microsoft virus forum. So apologises if this is not the correct forum for this post. So I was searching through the...
  6. Suspicious app

Suspicious app: Hello team, I just saw an app in my task manager named update.exe without any publisher i doubt it .... Am i at risk, Please help me out ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suspicious-app/514e761a-674c-4826-841f-a071bbde6e0e
  7. suspicious apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    suspicious apps: My PC has 3 users accounts,i login to one of them,and install an app, but then the app that I installed on my user is also installed on the other User's desktop,this did not happen in the past, but recently ,it has gone like this,cananyone help me?...
  8. Found suspicious new user on my computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Found suspicious new user on my computer: When I was signing in one day, I spotted a new user on my lock screen. I got rid of that user in settings, but another day it came back!! I started to get suspicious that my computer was infected but I got rid of that thought when I scanned my computer with Norton power...
  9. suspicious apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    suspicious apps: a suspicious app shows up on my pc; looks like a virus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suspicious-apps/e957eaf2-b537-4602-b658-d8952a0efe84
  10. Suspicious account/group found on Windows

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Suspicious account/group found on Windows: I found something that caught my eye earlier. It appears as though an account has been on my computer, and I was not aware of it. It seems to be deleted according to the red x on the icon, and when I checked under accounts, I couldn't find it. I did a Google search for the...