Windows 10: Found a file called WinStore.app.exe, it looked suspicious, not sure what to do with it. If...

Discus and support Found a file called WinStore.app.exe, it looked suspicious, not sure what to do with it. If... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/MarkoTribe16 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lcu483/found_a_file_called_winstoreappexe_it_looked/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MarkoTribe16, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Found a file called WinStore.app.exe, it looked suspicious, not sure what to do with it. If...

/u/MarkoTribe16, Feb 4, 2021

2. .exe files

Hi,

The file extension .exe is an executable file format in Windows operating system. To better understand your concern, we’d like to request for an elaborate detail for us to determine what causes this file not to open by answering these questions:

• Resetting Windows 10 is a last resort of troubleshooting. Are you experiencing other issues on your computer?
    • What is the program are you trying to launch?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you receive any error message when you launch this application?

We’re looking forward to your response.

Johann Eva, Feb 4, 2021
  3. L Mttrs Win User
    Super Suspicious Files

Hello,

I was taking a look through my task manager and found a process called "sedsvc" I went to the location, and I brought me to C:\Program Files\rempl, I found a bunch of other things in that folder like disktoast.exe, sedlauncher.exe, sedsvc.exe, osrrb.exe,
    etc. I'm super suspicious about these files and I'm not sure if they're safe or not, if they're not, what do I do? Please respond ASAP, Thanks!

L Mttrs, Feb 4, 2021
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Found a file called WinStore.app.exe, it looked suspicious, not sure what to do with it. If...

Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Feb 4, 2021
Thema:

Found a file called WinStore.app.exe, it looked suspicious, not sure what to do with it. If...

1. Found a file called WinStore.app.exe, it looked suspicious, not sure what to do with it. If... - Similar Threads - Found file called

2. this is not the .exe file you are looking for

in Windows 10 Gaming
    this is not the .exe file you are looking for: hi. I have win11 home edition on my pc and I've installed civilization 5 but it doesn't open the app and it errors: Dummy file: this is not the .exe file you are looking for. I checked my registry editor completely and everything is fine....
  3. this is not the .exe file you are looking for

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    this is not the .exe file you are looking for: hi. I have win11 home edition on my pc and I've installed civilization 5 but it doesn't open the app and it errors: Dummy file: this is not the .exe file you are looking for. I checked my registry editor completely and everything is fine....
  4. Suspicious "WINDOWS" file found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suspicious "WINDOWS" file found: So I was just checking my files and then I found a new file in C drive called "WINDOWS". I never saw it before, and then I noticed it was created a few days ago. I clicked the file and it kinda looks legit. Did this file come with an Windows update or is it a malware, that's...
  5. Suspicious "WINDOWS" file found

Suspicious "WINDOWS" file found: So I was just checking my files and then I found a new file in C drive called "WINDOWS". I never saw it before, and then I noticed it was created a few days ago. I clicked the file and it kinda looks legit. Did this file come with an Windows update or is it a malware, that's...
  6. Suspicious .exe program found in Program Files x86

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Suspicious .exe program found in Program Files x86: Hi, I found a folder in my Program Files x86 folder called MonthPigana. The only thing it contains is a .exe file called MonthPigana.exe. There seems to be nothing else I can find on my pc related to this program, nor could I find any information about it on the internet. I...
  7. Suspicious .exe program found in Program Files x86

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suspicious .exe program found in Program Files x86: Hi, I found a folder in my Program Files x86 folder called MonthPigana. The only thing it contains is a .exe file called MonthPigana.exe. There seems to be nothing else I can find on my pc related to this program, nor could I find any information about it on the internet. I...
  8. Suspicious .exe program found in Program Files x86

9. Suspicious looking file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Suspicious looking file: So about a week ago, I saw that "How do you want to open this file?" message on startup. I didn't do anything, but it started annoying me. I disabled it in task manager, but i'm now suspicious of what is in it. It is in: C:\Users\ . It isn't my folder but it's just named Alex...
  10. Not sure what to call this, how to remove?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not sure what to call this, how to remove?: Okay, so what I'm trying to get rid of is this pop up thing next to the volume bar. It appears whenever I adjust the volume on any site, and it's a general annoyance. How do I get rid of it? [ATTACH]...