Windows 10: Found a windows 10 bug

Discus and support Found a windows 10 bug in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The moment you right click on a quick access link in file explorer it crashes. *sarc 58677 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Max Pen, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Max Pen Win User

Found a windows 10 bug

The moment you right click on a quick access link in file explorer it crashes. *sarc

:)

Max Pen, Aug 3, 2016
  2. Syed N Win User

I just found a bug in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

Have you updated the laptop with the latest drivers?

Please log in to the HP support website and update all available drivers for Windows 10. Here`s the

link

Also, update the computer with the latest BIOS.

Note: Modifying BIOS/complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting
    from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Do reply with the status.

Syed N, Aug 3, 2016
  3. AlexDragu Win User
    Found a bug!

I have Windows 10 x64 bit. When the computer wakes up from sleep, It asks for a password and then changes to a Sign In button. Then the mouse is unresponsive. It's acting like the buttons aren't there. This goes on for about 20 to 30 minutes. Not a big
    deal, just REALLY annoying.

AlexDragu, Aug 3, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Found a windows 10 bug

Hi, not for me.. you might like to try Shellexview (free) and see if any context menu entry is interfering.

In Shellexview, hide all MS entries, disable all others, no log off or restart needed.

dalchina, Aug 3, 2016
  5. cereberus Win User
    Works fine for me.

Try running "sfc /scannow" from an admin command prompt.

If that does not work, you could also download the iso, double click on it and run setup.exe to do a "repair upgrade", selecting to keep all files - takes about 30-60 minutes typically. Of course, you should backup any valuable data first.

cereberus, Aug 3, 2016
  6. Rocky Win User
    Works fine on my system.

Rocky, Aug 3, 2016
  7. LMiller7 Win User
    Likely this is caused by a third party shell extension. Many of these are not well written and it may have compatibility issues. Do as dalchina suggested.

LMiller7, Aug 3, 2016
  8. Max Pen Win User

Found a windows 10 bug

Alright so I found out through using Shellexview that its a shell extension or something related to the context menu from code of a program I installed. However finding out which program seems a bit harder to pin point.

I disabled all entries but MS, issue gone, enable them all 1 by 1 or per two, issue gone, log off, log in, issue back.

So? REsult nothing. I must log off and on each time to really test this.

Max Pen, Aug 5, 2016
  9. dalchina New Member
    Hi, unusual.. you can adopt a binary chop approach when enabling extensions to reduce the number of attempts needed.

Of course this is also more difficult if there's more than one..

dalchina, Aug 5, 2016
  10. Max Pen Win User
    I found the culprit
    Screenshot - ee04291f6a6e8712766ba040bd484616 - Gyazo

• DesktopContext Class
    • NvAppShExt Class
    • NVIDIA CPL Context Menu Extension
    • OpenGLShExt Class
    Its one of these but I don't bother further cause I don't think I need any of these enabled lol!

So this is solved. Thank you.

Max Pen, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Found a windows 10 bug

1. Found a windows 10 bug - Similar Threads - Found bug

2. I found a command prompt bug in Advanced settings where it flashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I found a command prompt bug in Advanced settings where it flashes: Ok I found a Bug in advanced Settings where it flashes, and I was worried so I did a sfc /scannow and it found corrupted files but here is the thing a minute before I went into advanced settings I did a sfc and it did not find any integral violations So is this something I...
  3. I found a command prompt bug in Advanced settings where it flashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I found a command prompt bug in Advanced settings where it flashes: Ok I found a Bug in advanced Settings where it flashes, and I was worried so I did a sfc /scannow and it found corrupted files but here is the thing a minute before I went into advanced settings I did a sfc and it did not find any integral violations So is this something I...
  4. I found a serious bug in Microsoft Outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I found a serious bug in Microsoft Outlook: I've noticed a potentially serious flaw with Outlook. when i open Outlook, it presents an incorrect message, I do NOT have an account with Openrad, It appears that the problem is that MICROSOFT has hardcoded this messsage onto the chip, removing this setting from registry...
  5. I found a serious bug in Microsoft Outlook

I found a serious bug in Microsoft Outlook: I've noticed a potentially serious flaw with Outlook. when i open Outlook, it presents an incorrect message, I do NOT have an account with Openrad, It appears that the problem is that MICROSOFT has hardcoded this messsage onto the chip, removing this setting from registry...
  6. Weird curser bug I found

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird curser bug I found: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/electroblasterV [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/17h7etu/weird_curser_bug_i_found/
  7. 9 Bugs found in Dutch version NL-NL region of Windows 11 23H2 Insider builds that needs to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    9 Bugs found in Dutch version NL-NL region of Windows 11 23H2 Insider builds that needs to...: There are 9 visual bugs in Insider Windows 11 versie 23H2 and older, which mostly aren't fixed since the introduction of Windows 10. The bugs given below are mostly available in the latest builds NL-NL region of Windows Insider build 23H2. In the past feedback has been given...
  8. 9 Bugs found in Dutch version NL-NL region of Windows 11 23H2 Insider builds that needs to...

9 Bugs found in Dutch version NL-NL region of Windows 11 23H2 Insider builds that needs to...: There are 9 visual bugs in Insider Windows 11 versie 23H2 and older, which mostly aren't fixed since the introduction of Windows 10. The bugs given below are mostly available in the latest builds NL-NL region of Windows Insider build 23H2. In the past feedback has been given...
  9. I found a bsod bug with hyper-v

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I found a bsod bug with hyper-v: Hello, I was having problem running windows subsystem for android. I enabled all the required features even hyper v that is not essential for wsa. I still have the problem and couldn't figure out why i know hw virtualization is enabled. Anyways, I said maybe VMWare virtualbox...
  10. I found a bsod bug with hyper-v

I found a bsod bug with hyper-v: Hello, I was having problem running windows subsystem for android. I enabled all the required features even hyper v that is not essential for wsa. I still have the problem and couldn't figure out why i know hw virtualization is enabled. Anyways, I said maybe VMWare virtualbox...