Windows 10: Found an mysterious unknown application in windows 10

Discus and support Found an mysterious unknown application in windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; While I was trying to open a photo in windows 10 with one of my photo editor so, I clicked on open with option and then I chose choose another app... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SakshamGoyal3, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Found an mysterious unknown application in windows 10

While I was trying to open a photo in windows 10 with one of my photo editor so, I clicked on open with option and then I chose choose another app option and it showed a list of app I can use to open my picture as usual but in that list there was an app named %1

I had not installed that app so,I tried to search it in start menu and also tried to find and uninstall it from control panel and all other possible locations in File Explorer, but I was not able to find any app named %1 so, can someone please tell me what is that app named %1 because it shows in the list only when I try to open any photo with another application. Is it a malware and how to get rid of it? please tell.

I also tried by scanning from my antivirus I use kaspersky antivirus and windows defender but it didn't detected any threat.

:)

SakshamGoyal3, Apr 15, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 15, 2021
  3. Mysterious blue earth icon appearing and disappearing ?

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your effort towards resolving it.

I would suggest you to hover the mouse on that blue earth icon to know the name of the application.

If you are able to identify that application name then, I suggest you to check if that application is present in the
    Programs and Features. Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button and select Control Panel from the list.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Check if that application is present.
    Also, check if that application is present in the Apps & features from the following steps:

• Press Windows + I keys from the Keyboard to open the
      Settings.
    • Click on System and click on Apps & features from the left pane.
    • Check if that application is present.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Apr 15, 2021
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Found an mysterious unknown application in windows 10

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

Found an mysterious unknown application in windows 10

1. Found an mysterious unknown application in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Found mysterious unknown

2. Unknown threat found

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown threat found: Hi everyone. I would very much appreciate it if you can help me. I use Bitdefender free edition as my antivirus and it has found a strange file on my pc and I cannot find anything about it on google. It’s name is pylaspcclife.exe and it’s path is C:\Windows...
  3. Unknown application

Unknown application: Hi everyone, When I run my Task Manager, I often see this Process called "YellowMind", and when expanded it displays a gear icon named "OakomsRabbitechnologiesSNP". When I locate the program file location, it takes me to a path C: > ProgramData >...
  4. Application not found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Application not found: This afternoon, I tried to download a game. When I clicked on it, it said "You need an app to open this exe file". I didn't know what to do so I search on the Internet for solutions. One instructed me to reset Microsoft Store. The thing is after I reset MS and restarted my...
  5. Unknown and mysterious files found while exploring hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown and mysterious files found while exploring hard drive: Hi there, I wasn't sure where to post this so I just posted it here. So a little while ago I was browsing my hard drive looking for stuff to get rid of when I came across four surface-level files by the names of "82aatransfers134", "82abtransfer188", "Xselect95", and...
  6. Application not found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Application not found: When I try to boot an application Win 10 says application not found, list the directory and app did you type it correctly I tried reinstalling the application with no success. I googled this and it seems to be a common issue with Win 10. How do I correct this?...
  7. unknown application running

unknown application running: recently this few days i just update my Windows 10 Home, after those updates i have this unknown application try to run everytime i start my PC, it pop up and blocked by my Panda Dome Global Protection notification with this something like code or script :...
  8. Application not found

Application not found: Hey, Yesterday i have downloaded and app and it had malwares and after controlling the situation. i have 2 problems now. First when i open any folder or drive using " double click " or " bolded open " it says application not found [ATTACH] but when i use "open in a new...
  9. Application not found

Application not found: I recently had a virus called chameleon file exploer (or something like that). When I deleted it I get "Application not found" when trying to open any of my folders whether they are on the desktop or in file explorer. It gives the specific file location and then says the...
  10. The mysterious unknown account: Threat or harmless bug?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    The mysterious unknown account: Threat or harmless bug?: In the process of performing the usual necessary cleanup after installing FCU (fixing the various DCOM errors due to improper permission settings) I was reminded of this particular situation again. I was hoping that perhaps the collected expertise in this forum could shed...