Windows 10: Found an old drive

Discus and support Found an old drive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys, I recently found a old broken laptop of mine, and I pulled out the HDD so I could check what on it. My current computer doesn’t have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Mikachu1218, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Found an old drive

Hey guys, I recently found a old broken laptop of mine, and I pulled out the HDD so I could check what on it. My current computer doesn’t have a legitimate copy of windows 10 on it because it hasn’t been activated. So can I take the operating system from my old drive, and transfer it to an SSD to set up as a boot drive for my current desktop.

submitted by /u/Mikachu1218
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Mikachu1218, Mar 28, 2020
  2. little cat, Mar 28, 2020
  3. How to stop File History on the old drive and start File History on a new drive?

I use the external drive
    for File History and have a lot of information there. I want to restart the File History process on a new drive and place the previous File History drive off-site.

Please suggest the steps to stop File History on the old drive and start File History on a new drive.

CindyRomero, Mar 28, 2020
  4. Anak Win User

Found an old drive

Optical Drive Issue

Hi Jerry, you're welcome.

Here's mine after I rt clk'd on my Documents Folder like you show in Scrsht 11:

Found an old drive [​IMG]

I'd like to wait until you reply to my question in Scrsht 12, if it is a remnant of the process try deleting the one on the dsktp and see if the one in send to also disappears. If it stays in send to, test it, and if you're still having problems I'd suggest you could go back to: Option One: To Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu for Your Account (current user) and do Step 3 to remove it and start over using Step 4 but be very careful of your steps in creating the shortcut and be sure you d&d that shortcut to the send to part of the address.

I'm busy today and I probably won't be back until the evening.

Thema:

Found an old drive

1. Found an old drive - Similar Threads - Found old drive

2. Found an unknown drive in the explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Found an unknown drive in the explorer.: Today I found an unknown drive in the "Devices and Drives" section of the computer. Here I have attached a screenshot of that section. Is this any security issue or windows related issue? Note: I didn't install any new software or drivers....
  3. Old HDD C disk not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old HDD C disk not found: The old HDD connected to a new PC via SAT USB connector when I open the drive it's only files from the old D/drive I had games inside etc but I am searching for drive C where my videos and photos were and I can't find it on the HDD any advice?...
  4. Old HDD C disk not found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old HDD C disk not found: The old HDD connected to a new PC via SAT USB connector when I open the drive it's only files from the old D/drive I had games inside etc but I am searching for drive C where my videos and photos were and I can't find it on the HDD any advice?...
  5. Drive not found / application not found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive not found / application not found: I have a micro SD card with an adapter that can be plugged into a standard usb slot. When I try opening it through My Computer, it just gives the error message "application not found" / not available Clicking 'Format' doesn't do anything; nothing pops up. The drive name...
  6. External Drives Not Found

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Drives Not Found: I'm running Win 10 Home 20H2. I have 3 external drives that have worked fine for over a year. Today, I can only access/find one of them, a Seagate BackUp Plus. The other 2 are older, a NexStor 3 and an Imation. I've changed USB ports with no change. I am able to access...
  7. Hard drive not found

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Hard drive not found: Needed to reinstall windows 10 pro. My additional (D) SSD hard drive has a password protection. It is used to store documents, pictures and games etc. To not delete all info on that the D drive it was disconnected before reinstalling windows on default drive (C). After...
  8. external hard drive not found

external hard drive not found: external hard drive not found 1tb hard drive has power, but not spinning. My computer, does not register drive & Disk management does not acknowledge drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive-not-found/9d132440-5ec8-4b5c-b3ef-e81673cd8564
  9. dvd drive not found

dvd drive not found: i brought new acer laptop and am not able to open my dvd drive. dvd drive option is not available in my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-drive-not-found/76005941-d324-4c13-8685-a6a4c04e69d6
  10. Hard drive Not found

Hard drive Not found: I have installed neverwre's chrome os in my usb drive. Unfortunately I have chosed to format drive and install this on pc. I have canceled the install process but My drive is already formated. After that I have installed windows 10. Drives Before format 1. hard drive,...