Windows 10: Found computer sitting on login screen(was supposed to be sleeping)

Discus and support Found computer sitting on login screen(was supposed to be sleeping) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; https://i.imgur.com/mySfr5J.jpg Found my computer just sitting on this login screen. It was asleep for hours. I guess it woke back up. But why is it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/chuckm1020, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Found computer sitting on login screen(was supposed to be sleeping)

https://i.imgur.com/mySfr5J.jpg

Found my computer just sitting on this login screen. It was asleep for hours. I guess it woke back up. But why is it just sitting there. I left it alone for 30 minutes to see if it would go back asleep. It didn't. Not even a screensaver. What if this was an OLED. It could of burned in. Anybody wonder why it would just sit there? Thanks for your help.

submitted by /u/chuckm1020
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/chuckm1020, Mar 27, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Mar 27, 2020
  3. zinou Win User
    5 min delay on cold start between login screen and bg screen

Ok, let the powershell command run overnight
    If the command didn't solve the problem, the try these steps in order:

1. Disable superfetch service
      • Empty the following folder c:\Windows\Prefetch\
      • Restart the computer
      • Si ça ne marche pas, passer à l'étape 2;
    2. Disable the AppXSvc from the registry: change the "Start" key value from 3 to 4 (see the screenshot)

Found computer sitting on login screen(was supposed to be sleeping) [​IMG]

zinou, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Found computer sitting on login screen(was supposed to be sleeping)

No login prompt at login screen

Post #8 “I can login to the computer after restart, but every locking after it causes the problem.”

http://www.isunshare.com/windows-10/...-computer.html
    Check Way 3: Lock computer in Screen Saver Settings.
    Step 1: Type lock computer in the search box on taskbar and choose Lock the computer when I leave it alone for a period of time.
    Step 2: In the Screen Saver Settings dialog, choose On resume, display logon screen and hit OK.
    Is “On resume, display log on screen” checked?

MeAndMyComputer, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

Found computer sitting on login screen(was supposed to be sleeping)

1. Found computer sitting on login screen(was supposed to be sleeping) - Similar Threads - Found computer sitting

2. Computer sleeps when it isn't supposed to

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer sleeps when it isn't supposed to: I have an Asus Vivo Book with windows 11 Home and Radeon Graphics. Recently, the screen has started turning black and then returns to the lock screen. I have the sleep set to never and the screen off set to never. I haven't found a fix that works....
  3. Computer sleeps when it isn't supposed to

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer sleeps when it isn't supposed to: I have an Asus Vivo Book with windows 11 Home and Radeon Graphics. Recently, the screen has started turning black and then returns to the lock screen. I have the sleep set to never and the screen off set to never. I haven't found a fix that works....
  4. Login screens after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login screens after sleep: When my PC emerges from sleep mode, I am confronted first with a Microsoft Spotlight screen, followed by a login screen. The latter is just a button labeled "Login". I would like to bypass these screens and go straight to my home desktop screen. I've tried the Lockscreen...
  5. Login screens after sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login screens after sleep: When my PC emerges from sleep mode, I am confronted first with a Microsoft Spotlight screen, followed by a login screen. The latter is just a button labeled "Login". I would like to bypass these screens and go straight to my home desktop screen. I've tried the Lockscreen...
  6. Login screens after sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. My computer will not sleep when it is supposed to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer will not sleep when it is supposed to sleep: I have updated my monitor and network adaptorsI have updated my motherboard bios, my windows update latest version as of Tuesday, my drivers, my undergarmentsI have turned off Wake On Lan magic bullet on the network adaptorI have turned off allow waketimersI have turned off...
  8. Shutting Down when supposed to sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shutting Down when supposed to sleep: For the past 3 weeks, I close my computer and it shuts down when I want it to sleep. I am not telling it to do this, it does this automatically. I thought a recent update would fix it, but the problem has not been resolved. What steps should I take?...
  9. Laptop sleeps when it's not supposed too.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop sleeps when it's not supposed too.: My laptop is set to never go to sleep, but over the last few days, that's what it's been doing. At least when I close the lid. In which case, it's set to do nothing. I had this problem a month or two ago, but I found a suggestion that told me to make it never go to sleep for...
  10. Any way to make computer sleep on login screen when inactive?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any way to make computer sleep on login screen when inactive?: The owner of the transitional house I live in keeps unplugging my power strip because the computer somehow wakes up when I'm asleep or at work. I don't know if someone is purposely touching the mouse or keyboard, or if it's somehow accidental, but he unplugs it if I'm not...