Windows 10: Found Explanation RE: How do I change the automatic email app when I click a "mail-to" link...

Discus and support Found Explanation RE: How do I change the automatic email app when I click a "mail-to" link... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I think I found the solution: https://www.w3docs.com/snippets/html/how-to-create-mailto-links.html. I went into Settings and changed the default email... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CatherineP1, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Found Explanation RE: How do I change the automatic email app when I click a "mail-to" link...

I think I found the solution: https://www.w3docs.com/snippets/html/how-to-create-mailto-links.html. I went into Settings and changed the default email app from Firefox to Outlook. Sorry for the bother!

-----------------------------------------------

I just clicked on a "mail-to" link on a website and received 2 options Google, Yahoo, which I didn't want. So I dug up outlook.exe in my program files as the default email app to use with "mail-to" links on the internet. This resulted in an endless loop: instead of just linking me to Outlook once, an endless stream of tabs was created, each tab resulting in a new Outlook message. My computer crashed. I don't know how to repair this error.

I used the latest versions of Windows 10 Home Edition and Firefox. Thanks for any suggestions!

:)

CatherineP1, Jul 4, 2020
  2. bha19 Win User

How to change default browser when I click on a link in Windows mail?

On my start menu there is an app called mail which is nice because I can have all my email in one place. If somebody sends me an email with a link in it and I click on that link it sends me to Microsoft Edge. My question is how do I change the default browser to something else like Firefox.

bha19, Jul 4, 2020
  3. How do I unlink linked emails in my mail?

Hi RodErickson,

May I know what application are you using to access your emails? If you are using the built-in Mail app for Windows 10, you can follow these steps on how to unlink your linked emails:

1. In the Mail app, click on the gear icon below.
    2. Under Settings, click on Manage Accounts.
    3. Click on the email account that you wish to unlink.
    4. Click on Delete account from this device.

Let us know if this answers your question.

Gerald Vit, Jul 4, 2020
  4. Homeboye1 Win User

Found Explanation RE: How do I change the automatic email app when I click a "mail-to" link...

How do I sync my email to the mail App?

I trying to find out how to sync. outlook, gmail, accounts to windows 10. When I open mail. to check my accounts, says NOTHING SYNCED YET???

Homeboye1, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

Found Explanation RE: How do I change the automatic email app when I click a "mail-to" link...

1. Found Explanation RE: How do I change the automatic email app when I click a "mail-to" link... - Similar Threads - Found Explanation change

2. how do i fix this 'sometimes when i click something it automatically minimizes the app i am...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i fix this 'sometimes when i click something it automatically minimizes the app i am...: whenever i am working a i click something on the app it just minimizes randomly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-this-sometimes-when-i-click-something/146fb75e-7ef0-4c14-8175-1771dd902225
  3. how do i fix this 'sometimes when i click something it automatically minimizes the app i am...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i fix this 'sometimes when i click something it automatically minimizes the app i am...: whenever i am working a i click something on the app it just minimizes randomly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-this-sometimes-when-i-click-something/146fb75e-7ef0-4c14-8175-1771dd902225
  4. How do I change the automatic email app when I click a "mail-to" link on the internet?

How do I change the automatic email app when I click a "mail-to" link on the internet?: I just clicked on a "mail-to" link on a website and received 2 options Google, Yahoo, which I didn't want. So I dug up outlook.exe in my program files as the default email app to use with "mail-to" links on the internet. This resulted in an endless loop: instead of just...
  5. "This site can't be reached" when I click on a link in an email

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "This site can't be reached" when I click on a link in an email: Whenever I click on a link in my email I get one of these errors seen below. I posted in a different forum about this a month ago and was told to do something in the browser security area to fix this issue. It did fix the issue....for a while and now its back. Thanks in...
  6. How do I change a link

in Browsers and Email
    How do I change a link: My web host has changed some detail in the link line, so suddenly my landing page doesn't work. I can open 'View Source Info' which brings up a page full of html. I have found the wording of the now defunct link, highlighted it and tried to overtype the current link wording,...
  7. Prevent Windows 10 from launching mail app when I click an email link

in Windows 10 Customization
    Prevent Windows 10 from launching mail app when I click an email link: I am working with a lot of data that includes hyperlinked email addresses. I want to prevent Windows 10 from launching any mail app when I click these links on accident. Is there a way to turn off this feature?...
  8. How do I tell Firefox to open email links with the windows 10 mail app?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I tell Firefox to open email links with the windows 10 mail app?: I'm in Firefox's options and it's giving me the option to choose Thunderbird, Yahoo or Gmail, but I want to use the Windows 10 mail app. However when I select "choose other" and go to either Program Files or Program Files (86), I do see Windows Mail, but all I have is...
  9. How to change default browser when I click on a link in Windows mail?

in Browsers and Email
    How to change default browser when I click on a link in Windows mail?: On my start menu there is an app called mail which is nice because I can have all my email in one place. If somebody sends me an email with a link in it and I click on that link it sends me to Microsoft Edge. My question is how do I change the default browser to something...
  10. How do I change the order of my emails in the mail app?

How do I change the order of my emails in the mail app?: Hi guys, I'm just setting up the mail app and I can't seem to change the order of email accounts on the left hand side. I looked up other possible solutions and it appears the "right click > move up/down" option is no longer available. Anyone else experience this? Edit:...