Windows 10: Found highly suspicious software in Task manager

Discus and support Found highly suspicious software in Task manager in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; [IMG] So I'll start this off by saying I'm not entirely sure if this is exactly the correct place to post this however I failed to find an appropriate... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NOODLEMANNY, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Found highly suspicious software in Task manager

Found highly suspicious software in Task manager [​IMG]

So I'll start this off by saying I'm not entirely sure if this is exactly the correct place to post this however I failed to find an appropriate microsoft virus forum. So apologises if this is not the correct forum for this post.

So I was searching through the health of my system as about a month ago I started having an issue with a nameless program delaying the systems shutdown process identical to this Unknown Program Preventing Shutdown and Updates - Microsoft Community

From my reading around this subject I didn't necessarily find reason for concern, so I delayed looking into it till now. It's worth mentioning that the two issues could easily be unrelated, however the prior issue is what lead me to discover the overt virus I'm posting about now.

*EDIT: This is within the start-up tab in task manager* So as some of you may have noticed I have a default Program reporting as a SynTPEnh.exe searching around about this program reveals that it's related to touchpad and other HCI devices. My system is a desktop so this is fishy in and of itself. The far more worrying aspect of this "Program" is the fact that it reports as being in the folder Program" Files. That quotation mark is what immediately lead me to believe it was malware. There is also no folder for Synaptics in either Program File or Program File x86 on any drive.

I'm currently running a full scan in Windows Security and if this fails I'll try an offline scan. Will report back once completed.

:)

NOODLEMANNY, Feb 11, 2021

2. Task Manager - Startup tab

Actually, I like your suggestion as a first step.

Unchecking the wrong thing in Autoruns can brick a system.

OldNavyGuy, Feb 11, 2021
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    System Restore Error 0x800700AA and Task Manager

Thank you for your response. Some of the common symptoms of (0x800700aa) are unfinished installation of Windows application, virus infections, inaccruate registry entries, corrupt system files, incompatible or outdated software or hardware, unfinished uninstalling
    of some files, clashes between the automatic update error and the computer, installing of some corrupt or infectious apps or files, etc. In this case, we suggest to run a clean boot on your computer. Kindly follow the steps provided by
    Stephanie Sal on this
    link

Regarding about the Task Manager concern. Malware may prevent opening of Task Manager. So you may want to clear your computer junk files and then run a full or deep scan with your antivirus or security software or Microsoft Security Essentials. If you're
    done running those tests. We suggest to run DISM and SFC. By doing so, the task will scan for changed or misplaced files. If sfc discovers that a protected file has been overwritten or corrupted, it retrieves the correct version of the file folder, and then
    replaces the incorrect file. Kindly follow the steps below to perform the task:

Run DISM and SFC

• Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:
      • Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.
      • Click File > Run New Task.
      • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges” .
      • Type CMD.
    • Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:
      • dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
      • sfc /scannow
    • If neither command shows a good result, go to Reset your PC.

If none of the above options work, review the different recovery options available in Windows 10. The
    “Keep my files” option should work – Reset your PC > Option > Keep my files.

If you're unwilling to reset the PC, you can try uninstalling the antivirus software, and do an in-place reinstall.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Feb 11, 2021
  4. dotmarty Win User

Found highly suspicious software in Task manager

Windows 10 - cannot add exec to Startup in Task Manager

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I am trying to add an exec to the startup list but Win10 will not accept it. The exec runs successfully on my Windows 10 machine if I start it manually.

Steps I've taken: Task Manager, Startup Tab, File>Run New Task. (browse to location, select.) It will start immediately, but does not show up on the list to autostart, nor does it start on reboot.

Any suggestions?

dotmarty, Feb 11, 2021
Thema:

Found highly suspicious software in Task manager

1. Found highly suspicious software in Task manager - Similar Threads - Found highly suspicious

2. suspicious program called Windows_Defender_64.jar found in task manager startup programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    suspicious program called Windows_Defender_64.jar found in task manager startup programs: I was just scrolling through startup programs in task manager and I found two windows defender first one looks legit but 2nd one looks a bit suspicious I clicked open file location it took me to this folder C:\Users\123\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft_Defender\Defender_AntiMalware...
  3. suspicious program called Windows_Defender_64.jar found in task manager startup programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    suspicious program called Windows_Defender_64.jar found in task manager startup programs: I was just scrolling through startup programs in task manager and I found two windows defender first one looks legit but 2nd one looks a bit suspicious I clicked open file location it took me to this folder C:\Users\123\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft_Defender\Defender_AntiMalware...
  4. suspicious program called Windows_Defender_64.jar found in task manager startup programs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Suspicious "Secure System" Process in Task Manager

Suspicious "Secure System" Process in Task Manager: I was looking through my task manager processes the other day and noticed a process I'd never seen before called "Secure System".The name is so innocuous it actually stuck out to me as a bit suspicious.While looking it up online, I found some mentions that it's a process that...
  6. Task manager usage high

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task manager usage high: i usually dont check this stuff but i checked today, the disk is constantly high above 60, sometimes stuck on 100. Even when i open google chrome only, let alone playing games. Help submitted by /u/Catanddogg [link] [comments]...
  7. Suspicious activity in task manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Suspicious activity in task manager: Im not sure if im being paranoid but some services take up alot of cpu usage sometimes such as remote procedure call and wsappx, ive noticed apps that i didnt open being open in the task manager but i cant see them on screen. submitted by /u/ImNotAReptileISwear [link]...
  8. Suspicious task in task scheduler

Suspicious task in task scheduler: Recently I found a task in task scheduler that I didn't saw earlier, it named PostponeDeviceSetupToast_S-1-5-21-571410128-3262932422-3363705117-1000_0 and author is Microsoft Corporation, actions is Custom Handler. I don't know what it is and what it do and didn't found...
  9. NcsiUwpApp found in Task Manager

NcsiUwpApp found in Task Manager: Anyone know what this is please? NcsiUwpApp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ncsiuwpapp-found-in-task-manager/2c8672a4-cb3a-44af-a1aa-895b456ab8cc"
  10. Suspicious Application Keeps Popping Up In Task Manager

Suspicious Application Keeps Popping Up In Task Manager: Hi, this problem has been going on for a while now. Theres a suspicious application that constantly keeps opening up by itself called Blanking. This suspicious application starts playing audio advertisements and multiplies on my laptop. Any way I can stop it from happening...