Windows 10: Found odd looking files on laptop

Discus and support Found odd looking files on laptop in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; In the last four or five days I have discovered files folders and files which recently appeared. In my C: drive two folders - abpackage 150 and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by bertie11, Jul 9, 2017.

1. bertie11 Win User

Found odd looking files on laptop

In the last four or five days I have discovered files folders and files which recently appeared.

In my C: drive two folders - abpackage 150 and Xdetails 212

D: (Recovery) three folders ahscan 17, aimages 77, Uwrap 101

E: Vlog 131, Attransfer 5223

F: Uworking 48, KpackageB2, Lconfig144, Tscan66

Inside most of these folders are a bunch of files, some of which are .rtf, doc, xls but all of them just show gibberish or that the file format is not recognised.

I've used Webroot scanner, Anti-Malwarebytes, and I'm currently running Defender, nothing has shown up.
    rThe last program I installed was Auslogics Boostspeed and I'm stating to wonder if these folders/files are to do with this program? Some of these files were written to disk at 11:51 today so it seems to be an ongoing thing.

I've tried Googling but nothing comes up.

Just noticed that on my C: the two folders (above) have been replaced by abuse55 and Xversions196.

I'm setting up to run a bootup scanner, maybe Kaspersky or Avira when Defender completes.

Should I be concerned about this stuff?

:)

bertie11, Jul 9, 2017

2. Cortana doesn't respond to "Hey Cortana"

Thanks - just found that out!

It does seem very odd that "Hey Cortana" works on a four year-old laptop and not on a 12 month old smartphone.... :-(

Gordon B-P, Jul 9, 2017
  3. Text and ICONS too large

Hi All,

Just weird thing happened today on my lenovo laptop running windows 10, all my word or ms office or file names or icon looks bolder and pixelated, they look like when you have zoomed in to them and kind of looks blurry, not sure what has gone wrong coz none
    of the system settings has been altered and its one person using laptop. So please let me know what I need to do, coz this looks odd and difficult to work.

Thanks

manishasharma1, Jul 9, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Are you using Cybereason ransomfree?

Found odd looking files on laptop [​IMG]

dalchina, Jul 9, 2017
  5. bertie11 Win User
    Yes, I am using Ransom Free!

This is Xversions196 in my C: drive, different to what I first saw there.

bertie11, Jul 9, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    Bree, Jul 9, 2017
  7. bertie11 Win User
    Great news!!!!

I had just started packing for a holiday when I found those files, so panic attack!

Thank you Dalchina and Bree for your very quick responses.

bertie11, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Found odd looking files on laptop - Similar Threads - Found odd looking

2. idrk what this is but it looks odd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    idrk what this is but it looks odd: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/alpi_exe [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/11v1abz/idrk_what_this_is_but_it_looks_odd/
  3. Odd Image Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Odd Image Files: I was browsing & cleaning my Image files and came across some Icons I'm not familiar with. They have .jpg extensions and the icon looks like wall paper swaches for lack of a better term. Anyway, the Icons are square and have a pattern that looks like wall paper. There are...
  4. Odd Image Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Odd Image Files: I was browsing & cleaning my Image files and came across some Icons I'm not familiar with. They have .jpg extensions and the icon looks like wall paper swaches for lack of a better term. Anyway, the Icons are square and have a pattern that looks like wall paper. There are...
  5. Odd file problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Odd file problem: Hello, my girlfriend has just bought a new computer shes trying to download a sims 4 mod and is haveing some issues with downloading certain ones i have attached a image of what it says the mods are widely used so im really not sure of the issue thank you in advance...
  6. Win10 Edge - Default font looks odd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Edge - Default font looks odd: Hello, I've got this problem where many websites that I visit default to a font that's unreadable for me.I've tried to change the default font settings via windows and via Edge, but no succes.That calygraphic font is unreadable. At first, I thought it's chosen by the website...
  7. Win10 Edge - Default font looks odd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 Edge - Default font looks odd: Hello, I've got this problem where many websites that I visit default to a font that's unreadable for me.I've tried to change the default font settings via windows and via Edge, but no succes.That calygraphic font is unreadable. At first, I thought it's chosen by the website...
  8. Win10 Edge - Default font looks odd

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Odd Looking folder and files in user folder total 60+GB

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Odd Looking folder and files in user folder total 60+GB: Hi, i have an odd looking file in my user folder which exceeds 60GB and no file in it has a date stamped newer than 2 years ago. the files in these folders have no file extension also. I'm wondering if i can delete these files i have searched using resource monitor and...
  10. Odd looking file icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Odd looking file icon: Anyone know what the 2 wee squares mean ? 161826