Windows 10: Found out someone has been logging into my account using my PIN while I am away.

Discus and support Found out someone has been logging into my account using my PIN while I am away. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How can I deactivate the PIN on my computer? I have already changed my password, does that disable a PIN from being used until I can reset it locally?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by WayneHofer, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Found out someone has been logging into my account using my PIN while I am away.

How can I deactivate the PIN on my computer? I have already changed my password, does that disable a PIN from being used until I can reset it locally?

:)

WayneHofer, Feb 9, 2021

2. Account Pin -not sign in pin

Thank you for the clarification, Marcos. Please provide more information by answering the following:

• May I know if your child has his own Microsoft account?
    • Is he using his own Microsoft account to log in to the PC (PC where you want to install the game - let's name it PC 2) or is he using a local account?
    • Is it a standard user account or an account with admin rights?
    • If your child does not have a Microsoft account, whose account is logged in to PC 2? Is it your own Microsoft account?
    • Which Windows edition is it? Is it Windows Home or Pro?

Sorry about the list of questions. However, knowing these details will help us figure this out.

Please note that the Windows Store Licensing Model allows you to install apps across a number of devices and users. Windows 10 Store apps will be limited to 10 device installs using the same Microsoft account. However, before you can actually share
    your apps, there are a few things you need to do first.

If you are logged in to PC 2 using your own Microsoft account and not a local account, you will be asked to enter the PIN you set up for PC 2.

Found out someone has been logging into my account using my PIN while I am away. 7dbfca3a-95bc-40bd-b086-3f972996a27c?upload=true.png

You mentioned that you have created a PIN but it's not helping. Are you getting an error when entering the PIN? If so, can you send a screenshot of the error? If you are certain that you're using the correct PIN, I suggest deleting
    everything within the NGC folder and try to add a new PIN. Deleting this folder often resolves PIN issues in Windows 10. Please follow these steps:

1. Open File Explorer and browse to this location: C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC
    2. Delete everything within that folder. To do so, you must be logged in as an administrator.
    3. Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options.
    4. Click Add a PIN and add a new PIN for your account.

If you continue to have this issue even after performing the above steps, please reply to this thread. The system will notify me so I can get back to you and provide you more answers.

Aileen Alf, Feb 9, 2021
  3. How do you reset windows 10 log on pin password

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Sign-in options on the log on screen. Select Microsoft account.
    • Try logging in using Microsoft account and password.
    • Once you log into the system, try to change the PIN under accounts/sign-in page.
    • Select the Start
      Found out someone has been logging into my account using my PIN while I am away. [​IMG]
      button, then select
      Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options.
    • Try to reset the PIN.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Feb 9, 2021
  4. Found out someone has been logging into my account using my PIN while I am away.

pin log in

Hi Keith,

You can change your PIN by following the steps below:

• Open Settings (keyboard shortcut: Windows + I) > Accounts >
      Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click on Change.
    • Enter your current PIN, enter and confirm the new PIN, then click OK.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Feb 9, 2021
Thema:

Found out someone has been logging into my account using my PIN while I am away.

1. Found out someone has been logging into my account using my PIN while I am away. - Similar Threads - Found someone has

2. My account has been hijaccked. I was able to log in using the hackers email and am now in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My account has been hijaccked. I was able to log in using the hackers email and am now in...: Basiclly above. I have the hackers full email and am logged into my account and am schudled to have my info replaced in 30 days. What should I do now???...
  3. My account has been hijaccked. I was able to log in using the hackers email and am now in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My account has been hijaccked. I was able to log in using the hackers email and am now in...: Basiclly above. I have the hackers full email and am logged into my account and am schudled to have my info replaced in 30 days. What should I do now???...
  4. The account I am using to post this has been hacked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The account I am using to post this has been hacked: My microsoft account has been hacked and how I know that is because the email bellow my name has changed into this. I tried cheching my activity but is ends a verification code to that gmail which I do not own I really need help before the hacker signs me out from my laptopI...
  5. The account I am using to post this has been hacked

The account I am using to post this has been hacked: My microsoft account has been hacked and how I know that is because the email bellow my name has changed into this. I tried cheching my activity but is ends a verification code to that gmail which I do not own I really need help before the hacker signs me out from my laptopI...
  6. My account has been used by someone else, I would like to find out if anyone has logged in....

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My account has been used by someone else, I would like to find out if anyone has logged in....: My account has been used by someone else, I would like to find out if anyone has logged in. How do I request a list of logins to my account?...
  7. My account has been used by someone else, I would like to find out if anyone has logged in....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My account has been used by someone else, I would like to find out if anyone has logged in....: My account has been used by someone else, I would like to find out if anyone has logged in. How do I request a list of logins to my account?...
  8. My account has been used by someone else, I would like to find out if anyone has logged in....

9. I am worried my account has been hacked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am worried my account has been hacked: I am worried my laptop has been hacked into.Why does it show two IP addresses on it? One IPV4 and one IPV6 address. No one else should have access to my Microsoft /Icloud account but me.Please can you tell me if this is normal? Thank you....
  10. Your team has been fantastic helping me to log on to my computer. I have found that someone...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Your team has been fantastic helping me to log on to my computer. I have found that someone...: https://usa.kaspersky.com/downloads/tdsskiller https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/your-team-has-been-fantastic-helping-me-to-log-on/c443e662-4de7-4069-8985-1a9f6e07af9c