Windows 10: Found Solution: How to remove non existent CD drive in Windows 10

Discus and support Found Solution: How to remove non existent CD drive in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; If you ever struggled to remove a ghost CD Drive keep appearing on your Explorer even after you tried mountvol x: /D. Just go back to your memory few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BYUNG KOOK LEE, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Found Solution: How to remove non existent CD drive in Windows 10

If you ever struggled to remove a ghost CD Drive keep appearing on your Explorer even after you tried mountvol x: /D.

Just go back to your memory few days, months. Did you tried Ultraiso? PowerISO?

Reinstall them, and Uninstall it.

That will remove the assigned and pinned Virtual Drives.

That's it. I found this solution after spent few days on this issue.

I left this post to help others do not waste time on the same subject.

:)

BYUNG KOOK LEE, Sep 29, 2020
  2. RLRehm Win User

Windows 7 Professional keeps dropping the DVD/CD drive

Working with a fresh install (2nd attempt) of Windows 7 Professional on new hardware. The motherboard is a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P. Running 4G of RAM and an Intel Q9400 Quad Core CPU. The DVD/CD optical drive is a Pioneer DVR-218L.

Here's the problem - after two fresh installs, Windows 7 drops the DVD/CD drive and I get the following error in Device Manager (The device cannot start {code 10}). After the install, the drive works for a period of time, then stops working and I get the error code.

The driver appears to be a standard Windows driver (CD-ROM driver).

I've tried uninstalling the drive and re-installing it in Device Manager but it does not work - I continue to get the device error.

I've also swapped out the DVD/CD drive to insure it's not a bad unit. Same problem with both drives.

What do you suggest for next steps?? Could it be an issue with the motherboard?? A driver problem?

I visited the Pioneer web site - could not find any help or additional Windows 7 drivers.

What now??

RLRehm, Sep 29, 2020
  3. How to Fix a DVD or CD Drive Not Working or Missing in Windows 10 ?

Hi Ella,

Upgrading from an older version of Windows might have caused some issue with the previously compatible CD/DVD drive drivers. To correct this problem, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

Reinstall or update your driver from the Device Manager

• Open Device Manger by searching it from the Start menu or
      Cortana.
    • Click the drop-down arrow next to DVD/CD-ROM drives to reveal the existing optical drives.
    • Right-click on your optical drive and select Uninstall
    • Restart your PC after uninstalling the optical drive. Windows will automatically detect the drive then reinstall it. You can also use the option
      Update Driver Software from the Device Manager.

Should the issue persists, we suggest removing the virtual drive software if you have any then repeat the steps above.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem

Adrianne Buc, Sep 29, 2020
  4. Found Solution: How to remove non existent CD drive in Windows 10

D: drive suddenly mapped to non existent CD ROM drive, cannot change or remove

File Explorer shows a CD ROM drive mounted to the D: drive letter. My computer does not have a CD ROM drive attached. The drive does not show up in Disk Management or in DISKPART "list volume". It does not show up in the registry (that I can find). This
    started occurring a couple days ago "out of the blue", I'm assuming a Windows update? When I right click on the drive in File Explorer and select Properties/Drivers, only the drivers for my hard drives show, no driver for the CD ROM drive.

This is causing me headaches because I typically mount a secure image to D: and all my applications are configured to find data on the D: drive. Rather than reconfigure the whole system I need to remove (or assign a different drive letter to) the "ghost"
    CD ROM drive.

mlfanning304, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

Found Solution: How to remove non existent CD drive in Windows 10

1. Found Solution: How to remove non existent CD drive in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Found Solution remove

2. Non existent drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Non existent drive: I had an external drive that failed and was removed from the system. It still shows in my explorer tree. I went to windows security and said to scan the non- existent drive expecting to get an "error" of some type. Instead, I got results that said it scanned 18103 files in 17...
  3. Non existent drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Non existent drive: I had an external drive that failed and was removed from the system. It still shows in my explorer tree. I went to windows security and said to scan the non- existent drive expecting to get an "error" of some type. Instead, I got results that said it scanned 18103 files in 17...
  4. Solution to External CD/DVD drive not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Solution to External CD/DVD drive not found: Hello. Recently encountered a problem with my external DVD drive. Tried all of the steps listed in practically all other help guides, and, as it almost always is, my solution was ingenious.When you use 3rd party cloud-based apps, such as Google Drive, it makes virtual drives,...
  5. Solution to External CD/DVD drive not found

Solution to External CD/DVD drive not found: Hello. Recently encountered a problem with my external DVD drive. Tried all of the steps listed in practically all other help guides, and, as it almost always is, my solution was ingenious.When you use 3rd party cloud-based apps, such as Google Drive, it makes virtual drives,...
  6. Solution to External CD/DVD drive not found

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. How To Remove Non-Existent "Removable Drive" in Win10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How To Remove Non-Existent "Removable Drive" in Win10 File Explorer: How can I remove a non-existent "Removable Drive" in Win10 File Explorer which was left after an unsuccessful formatting operation on a failing USB flash drive?The drive does not show up in Win10 Disk Management nor in any other 3rd-party Disk Partition Management...
  8. How To Remove Non-Existent "Removable Drive" in Win10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Remove Non-Existent "Removable Drive" in Win10 File Explorer: How can I remove a non-existent "Removable Drive" in Win10 File Explorer which was left after an unsuccessful formatting operation on a failing USB flash drive?The drive does not show up in Win10 Disk Management nor in any other 3rd-party Disk Partition Management...
  9. How To Remove Non-Existent "Removable Drive" in Win10 File Explorer

10. D: drive suddenly mapped to non existent CD ROM drive, cannot change or remove

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    D: drive suddenly mapped to non existent CD ROM drive, cannot change or remove: File Explorer shows a CD ROM drive mounted to the D: drive letter. My computer does not have a CD ROM drive attached. The drive does not show up in Disk Management or in DISKPART "list volume". It does not show up in the registry that I can find. This started occurring a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to delete cd drive windows 10