Windows 10: Found some hidden folders with random letters in ProgramData on C:

Discus and support Found some hidden folders with random letters in ProgramData on C: in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was just checking through my program data for deleting something, and that's when I found 4 hidden folders, each with short, random letters, and they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by IshaanSrinivasan, Jan 27, 2023.

1. Found some hidden folders with random letters in ProgramData on C:

I was just checking through my program data for deleting something, and that's when I found 4 hidden folders, each with short, random letters, and they have nothing inside. Are these folders created by malware? Can I delete them?

:)

IshaanSrinivasan, Jan 27, 2023
  2. Jelu Cal Win User

ProgramData-filder backup

Hi,

The ProgramData folder is usually located in the C: drive of your device. To locate the ProgramData folder, you can perform the following:

• In File Explorer, click on the View tab.
    • Click on Options.
    • In the Folder Options window, click on the View tab.
    • Under the Hidden files and folders, select Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
    • Click on Apply.
    • Click on OK.

Let us know how it goes after you've performed the steps.

Jelu Cal, Jan 27, 2023
  3. Edwin Win User
    ProgramData Folder Not Hidden

Right click ProgramData folder, choose Properties:

Found some hidden folders with random letters in ProgramData on C: 171898d1515625022t-programdata-folder-not-hidden-000134.png

Edwin, Jan 27, 2023
  4. WojtasRed Win User

Found some hidden folders with random letters in ProgramData on C:

Hidden folders

I installed `Kane and Lynch` on my PC twice in Program Files(x86) folder but I can`t find them (2 folders with game). But free space on my HDD is lower. So there`re those folders on my hdd. I use option `unhide` hidden folders but still can`t find them. Any suggestions? How can i delete those hidden folders?

When I run istallation for this game I can see those folders in Program Files(x86) folde.

I`m using Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

WojtasRed, Jan 27, 2023
Thema:

Found some hidden folders with random letters in ProgramData on C:

1. Found some hidden folders with random letters in ProgramData on C: - Similar Threads - Found hidden folders

2. Found some hidden folders with random letters in ProgramData on C:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Found some hidden folders with random letters in ProgramData on C:: I was just checking through my program data for deleting something, and that's when I found 4 hidden folders, each with short, random letters, and they have nothing inside. Are these folders created by malware? Can I delete them?...
  3. Found large files in C:\ProgramData

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Found large files in C:\ProgramData: Hi,I stumbled upon several large files 2 GB -13 GB in C:\ProgramData on our Domain Controllers 2012R2, 2019.the file names are a mixture of letters only and have no extension.roughly the same time these files were created, I also found .csproj files.Does anyone have an idea...
  4. Found large files in C:\ProgramData

Found large files in C:\ProgramData: Hi,I stumbled upon several large files 2 GB -13 GB in C:\ProgramData on our Domain Controllers 2012R2, 2019.the file names are a mixture of letters only and have no extension.roughly the same time these files were created, I also found .csproj files.Does anyone have an idea...
  5. ProgramData folder found on second drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ProgramData folder found on second drive.: Hello, I wonder why there is a ProgramData folder on my second drive, I used to store only Games there. But how can I remove it?I already changed where new content is saved to my Windows drive, so that is not an issue......
  6. ProgramData folder found on second drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ProgramData folder found on second drive.: Hello, I wonder why there is a ProgramData folder on my second drive, I used to store only Games there. But how can I remove it?I already changed where new content is saved to my Windows drive, so that is not an issue......
  7. ProgramData folder found on second drive.

8. is C:\ProgramData\ssh a windows folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is C:\ProgramData\ssh a windows folder?: Noticed this folder pop up and I'm not sure what its from the only thing I could think is of its from the last windows update since I think it was created on the same day. submitted by /u/nalaiio [link] [comments]...
  9. Can't delete folder in c:\ProgramData\

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete folder in c:\ProgramData\: I want to delete a folder in my C:\ProgramData\ loaction but it says I need premission from myself (DESKTOP-2B48AAE\Temren) who is me. I am the only user of this machine and there is no one else who uses it. There is only 2 users one me and the other ASP.NET Machine account...
  10. ProgramData Folder Not Hidden

in Windows 10 Support
    ProgramData Folder Not Hidden: So I have 2 Windows 10 build 1709 machines. One I just noticed that the ProgramData folder is not hidden. I tried to hide it, but it just will not. I checked the settings and properties against my good machine and it all lines up except for not being hidden. Is there a...